TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #31
steve614
what ru lookin at?

You can make the progress bar appear by pressing the play button while the video is playing. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but that will bring up the progress bar for ~3 seconds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #32
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
You can make the progress bar appear by pressing the play button while the video is playing. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but that will bring up the progress bar for ~3 seconds.
That is sad, I do that all the time and didn't even think about it. Maybe it is, indeed, time to add that trick code thing.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #33
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
That is sad, I do that all the time and didn't even think about it. Maybe it is, indeed, time to add that trick [pause] code thing.
And for the first time ever, I have activated it. I think I already like it. Why the hell hadn't I done this years ago?
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
bradleys
It'll be fine....

I can never get these codes to work. I am sure I am not doing something correctly - I have tried from a recorded show and from live tv - but it just doesn't seem to do anything.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #35
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
And for the first time ever, I have activated it. I think I already like it. Why the hell hadn't I done this years ago?
That use to be an option, with an actual screen to set it, back in the S1/S2 days. But when they came up with the brilliant idea to put adds up when you paused they removed it.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #36
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
I can never get these codes to work. I am sure I am not doing something correctly - I have tried from a recorded show and from live tv - but it just doesn't seem to do anything.
The SPSPS code is one of the trickiest codes to enter for some reason (probably because it has to do with avoiding the pause ad ).

Go into Showcases and play one of the videos that are in there. This is usually the most sure way to get the codes to stick.
If you have the Tivo sounds enabled, you should hear three dings when the code is accepted.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:59 AM   #37
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
That use to be an option, with an actual screen to set it, back in the S1/S2 days. But when they came up with the brilliant idea to put adds up when you paused they removed it.
Really? I did not know that. That must be why TiVo programmed the backdoor pause code in the first place, to give users an option when they change the functionality of the UI. They did the same thing when they changed how the FF button works and gave us SPS88S.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #38
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
If it is any consolation, I had to do it three times before it started working. I did it while watching a recording.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #39
bradleys
It'll be fine....

Quote:
The SPSPS code is one of the trickiest codes to enter for some reason (probably because it has to do with avoiding the pause ad ).

Go into Showcases and play one of the videos that are in there. This is usually the most sure way to get the codes to stick.
If you have the Tivo sounds enabled, you should hear three dings when the code is accepted.
That worked!

Thanks...
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #40
innocentfreak

New survey is out.

innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #41
Dan203
Super Moderator

Seemed to be mostly about Apps and specifically asked about Amazon original series which are exclusively available via Prime streaming. Maybe an Amazon streaming app is coming.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #42
scooby2

Is there a different page to join the Advisers Panel? When I enter my info and click continue it redirects to a Page Not Found error page.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:26 PM   #43
steve614
what ru lookin at?

How did everyone answer the first question?

I commented on being able to change the length of the Live TV buffer (couldn't really think of anything else ).

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #44
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
I will let you know if and when it ever shows up for me!
Old 11-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #45
atmuscarella

Quote:

I commented on being able to change the length of the Live TV buffer (couldn't really think of anything else ).
I told them I wanted them to fix tivo.com so it worked better for finding & subbing to pod casts along with auto backing up our settings to tivo servers for when we switch DVRs or replaced hard drives.
R.I.P. - 08/06 - TiVo
05/08 - TiVo HD
06/08 - Panasonic 50PZ800U 50" Plazma!!
03/10 - Series 3
11/10 - Premiere
09/13 - Roamio
atmuscarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #46
uw69

Quote:

I mentioned having profiles
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #47
HenryFarpolo

I asked to remove the advertising.
HenryFarpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #48
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Finally got survey. Tough decision. My top three are custom directories, Android streaming, and settings backup. I chose:

Allow the user to create custom, nested folders such that recordings can be directed to or moved to/between specific places. This will create a much more organized system where the user can store things in a way that makes sense when there are many dozens or hundreds of recordings. Part of directory control also means allowing the user to delete the useless/obsolete "HD recordings" directory.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #49
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

There are still serious flaws in their survey response logic. Take this for example:

Hulu plus-

* Have used this feature, and would use it again

* Have tried this feature, but would not use it again

* Have never tried this feature, but am aware of it

* Not aware of this feature

What do you select if you are aware of the feature, have not used it *on TiVo* and don't plan to because you don't like it? No selection fits that. Choosing "Have never tried this feature, but am aware of it" is closest, but indicates I don't have or can't have any opinion about it, which is wrong.

Same thing with movies, there is no selection when you don't want to see it in theaters but do plan on watching it on TV vs. you don't want to see it in theaters and have no intention of ever watching it. Maybe they don't care what happens if not watched in a theater? Odd.

Last edited by crxssi : 11-24-2013 at 07:45 AM.
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #50
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
...and I was too drunk to answer the questions...darn...
He, He. Confirms what I always suspected based on your forum handle (and some of your posts ), even if you didn't know how to spell "beer".

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #51
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Would love the ability to turn off the apps from displaying on my Mini and Roamio -- never plan to use them.

Would also like the ability to attach an external hard drive and use it to back up recorded shows instead of expanding space. When my Premiere bit the dust, we lost quite a few shows we hadn't watched (and also lost movies we purchased through Amazon).
Old 11-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #52
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
Would love the ability to turn off the apps from displaying on my Mini and Roamio -- never plan to use them.
You mean in "Now playing"? You can do that now...

Quote:
Would also like the ability to attach an external hard drive and use it to back up recorded shows instead of expanding space.
That is probably not going to ever happen because of DRM or low demand. Most programs can be re-recorded and TiVo isn't positioning their product as a permanent video repository. I don't think it is a bad idea, just extremely unlikely to be ever considered. TiVo doesn't even provide a way to backup your settings and ratings and never has, and those are more important because they represent a significant time investment and are EASY to backup and SMALL and can be stored anywhere and without DRM or complex issues (except the ability to re-import).

Quote:
(and also lost movies we purchased through Amazon).
Movies "purchased" (I use that term loosely) through Amazon can be re-downloaded.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #53
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Same thing with movies, there is no selection when you don't want to see it in theaters but do plan on watching it on TV vs. you don't want to see it in theaters and have no intention of ever watching it. Maybe they don't care what happens if not watched in a theater? Odd.
Yeah, this bugs me a little. It is very rare that I want to see a movie bad enough that I will go to the theater.
Depending on the movie and if I have any interest in it at all, I will answer "probably will go see it" even though I don't really plan to, because I *will be* seeing it on DVD/Blu-ray at some point.
If that screws up TiVo's intention, so be it. They should write better surveys.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #54
dcpmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by uw69 View Post
I mentioned having profiles
Please, please, please....everyone doing the surveys please mention that you want profiles and/or folders in addition to whatever changes you would like to see.

Many thanks!
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #55
astrohip
Stuart F

I asked for the return of closed captions at the first FF speed. Had I seen this thread first, I may have gone with the longer buffer (steve614). I think that has a better chance of happening than mine, and I should have thought of that.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:25 PM   #56
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpmark View Post
Please, please, please....everyone doing the surveys please mention that you want profiles and/or folders in addition to whatever changes you would like to see.
Well, it really can't be "in addition to" because they specifically asked for a single, most important/wanted change. Some people have a higher priority than custom folders or profiles (although I can't fathom why ).

Also, as discussed in other threads, custom folders and profiles really are two separate features. There is SOME overlap in functionality and some similarities, although custom folders are far more flexible (but also more complex). I suppose asking for "one and/or the other" would still kinda fit as a single wanted change, though. But I don't want people to start thinking they are the same or interchangeable. For example, in my case, as a single user, I would have little use for "profiles", but custom folders would be exceptionally helpful.

Last edited by crxssi : 11-24-2013 at 07:38 PM.
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #57
dcpmark

Quote:
Well, it really can't be "in addition to" because they specifically asked for a single, most important/wanted change. Some people have a higher priority than custom folders or profiles (although I can't fathom why ).

Also, as discussed in other threads, custom folders and profiles really are two separate features. There is SOME overlap in functionality and some similarities, although custom folders are far more flexible (but also more complex). I suppose asking for "one and/or the other" would still kinda fit as a single wanted change, though. But I don't want people to start thinking they are the same or interchangeable. For example, in my case, as a single user, I would have little use for "profiles", but custom folders would be exceptionally helpful.
Agreed on "folders" vs "profiles." Much better to have folders. But in this survey everyone can mention the one thing that is most important to them, and ALSO put wanting folders in the text section of what changes to the Roamio would make them more satisfied. They don't have to choose one or the other.
dcpmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #58
clark_kent

Did anyone ask for DLNA support?
clark_kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #59
takeagabu

I said more useful apps including UV and prime
takeagabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #60
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Seemed to be mostly about Apps and specifically asked about Amazon original series which are exclusively available via Prime streaming. Maybe an Amazon streaming app is coming.
There is hope. I'm glad we had the chance to let them know AGAIN about the need for Amazon Prime.