TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #91
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheTrees View Post
When traveling I carry an iPad and an HDMI cable with adapter. I stream Netflix or others and connect the iPad thru HDMI to the room's TV. This mostly works great, but some services restrict the use of HDMI on the iPad. The Comcast XFinity app was one of these. Most shows would allow streaming to the iPad, but would not allow the video to be sent through HDMI.

Before I spend a lot of $$$ on Roamio, can someone confirm that the Roamio streaming app will NOT restrict use of HDMI output from the iPad?

I simply can't stomach broadcast TV anymore, at all. I even watch football games from recordings.

-Bob
I think I read elsewhere that the output was restricted on both airplay and hdmi.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #92
LostInTheTrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I think I read elsewhere that the output was restricted on both airplay and hdmi.
Can anyone confirm this? Tivo has lost a $1000 sale to me if they have crippled OOH viewing.
LostInTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:47 PM   #93
Beryl

Besides cellular support, I wish TiVo would add an "audio only" mode for streaming which would allow for the device screen to be turned off and continue to stream. I use this mode extensively with Slingplayer and set it as the default on my phone.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #94
windracer
joined the 10k club

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this? Tivo has lost a $1000 sale to me if they have crippled OOH viewing.
I'm pretty sure the TiVo app does not support AirPlay or HDMI output, unfortunately.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
windracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #95
Austin Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
No, they should still have the option. It is plain stupid to have the ability to set a static address on the main Roamio but not the built-in stream. I have NEVER seen a product do that before.

You can simulate something similar with DHCP assignments, but it is more complex and many more steps making setup, troubleshooting, and support all more difficult.
At the PHY level there is only one connection, so I believe that there has to be some IP translation (VLAN) to get the integrated stream assigned an IP because the MAC address of the Stream (to the rest of the network) is the MAC of the PHY on the unit. Because of that handoff it is probably more difficult to allow a stream to have its own setting. You'd probably need to add a second PHY (added cost) to make that happen. Then you'd get people complaining about having to have two network connections.

Quote:

Before I spend a lot of $$$ on Roamio, can someone confirm that the Roamio streaming app will NOT restrict use of HDMI output from the iPad?
The Tivo app does not allow streaming out of the HDMI app. To do this you need to jailbreak your iOS device.
Austin Bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #96
JonHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Bike View Post
At the PHY level there is only one connection, so I believe that there has to be some IP translation (VLAN) to get the integrated stream assigned an IP because the MAC address of the Stream (to the rest of the network) is the MAC of the PHY on the unit. Because of that handoff it is probably more difficult to allow a stream to have its own setting. You'd probably need to add a second PHY (added cost) to make that happen. Then you'd get people complaining about having to have two network connections.
There are two MAC addresses on the single interface. If you leave it as DHCP and want to use reservations, you can setup 2 different reservations.
JonHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #97
lickwid

New iOS update today. Hopefully it'll fix some of the issues people were having. My OOH streaming worked great the first week or so, but had some issues on Sunday night. It wouldn't connect to my stream, and it took awhile to redo setup. Last night it started working again after several tries.
lickwid is offline   Reply With Quote