TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
jacbec

Toast file conversion

My Toast 11 Titanium will no longer convert my .tivo files transferred to my Mac with TiVo Transfer. Get an error "Could not complete because (ID=-50)." Has been working fine up till now. TiVo TV show file sizes are about 5GB. Anyone know of another app to convert .tivo files for Apple TV?
jacbec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
qz3fwd

Roxio products generally suck.
I sprang for roxio 10 I think it was and the only thing that really works is the tivo transfer app which I could have gotten for some $60-80 less than the full package.
qz3fwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
mattack

You can use tivodecode. Or just use kmttg to do the download and conversion (though it internally uses tivodecode)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #4
jacbec

TiVoDecode Manager

TiVoDecode Manager not working with my MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8 & TiVo Premiere Elite (XL4). TiVoDecode Manager opens but only lists part of my recordings list. When I select a show & select Decode show, the show icon shows up on my desktop but nothing downloads (download bar stays blank & the 5.3GB TiVo show file Get Info indicates Zero KB).
Old 11-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacbec View Post
My Toast 11 Titanium will no longer convert my .tivo files transferred to my Mac with TiVo Transfer. Get an error "Could not complete because (ID=-50)." Has been working fine up till now. TiVo TV show file sizes are about 5GB. Anyone know of another app to convert .tivo files for Apple TV?
Any chance this is the first time you've tried to do it since before February 16th, 2013?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
jacbec

Just tried kmttg and it is way to complicated for me. Managed to install it and start a job which failed "server busy."
Old 11-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
mattack

Well, the server IS busy if you try a bunch of times in a row.. that truly may be the Tivo being busy.. Wait a while (half an hour to an hour -- it does seem to sometimes take a RIDICULOUSLY long time) and try again, or reboot the Tivo and try again.

But I suggest you CONTACT Toast. You bought the product, it should work.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
moyekj

FYI, with "server busy" issue you most often have to reboot the TiVo as it rarely recovers from that without a reboot. Following a reboot you should have no problems downloading until/unless it gets in that state again. If you have more that 1 program attempting to download at a time from the TiVo that's what gets it into that state to begin with, so don't do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
mattack

Well, you surely know way more than I do about it, but I sure seem to remember running into server busy quite a while ago (this was probably only with my Tivo HD). I seem to remember I'd try to cancel a transfer (in kmttg) or for some other reason would have to relaunch the app... the Tivo would be confused.. and it would keep giving back errors, and I sure thought it was server busy.. for ~20-30 minutes, then it would just happen to start working again.