TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
WVZR1

Manual recording "errors" ??

This evening because of the CBS "football" issues I attempted a manual recording to start at 9:59 (The Good Wife) and to end it at 10:59 the new times because of football.

The manual recording displays correct date, start time, end time BUT when the "select to record" is done I get a message that this show scheduled for NOV 4 (Sunday) has already ended. I've attempted this maybe 8 - 10 times for the show starting at 9:59 and also the show scheduled now o start at 10:59 and get the same message. The date and time on the machine are correct but I can NOT get the "manual record" to activate. When it says NOV 4 Sunday has already ended the only option is "select OK" and it skips the command.

Somewhat unnerving - I'm not new to TiVo and I've never had a similar issue.

I tried also to record a 2 hour block from 10:00 PM to 11:59 PM with the same message "Already Ended" but this last time when attempting the 2 hour block the date was a match NOV 3 (Sunday).

I attempted for a last time to do a 1 hour 9:59 - 10:59 for Sunday NOV 3 and got the Sunday, NOV 4 - already ended message.

I can't force a "manual recording" to start today 9:59 or later to end still today NOV 3 at a time earlier than 11:59 or even mid-night or later into tomorrow which will be the 4th.

I of course can't do a snapshot because the error covers the selection when select is chosen! I did get some snapshots and will post tomorrow. I'm no photographer so the quality is lacking but I do have some snapshots.

I get the same errors on both my P-XL and my P-XL4 I did snapshots and I will post later.

Ideas?

*** I attempted a manual record for MON NOV 4 1:00 AM - 1:30 AM and the "recording scheduled" block returned a TUES NOV 5 1:00 AM - 1:30 AM results. I followed that with a couple more manual recordings for MON NOV 4 and got scheduled recordings for TUE NOV 5. Both my machines are doing this.

Could someone else just attempt to set up some manual recordings for some random times for tomorrow and see what their results are and post back?

I need to of course call TiVo but that will be tomorrow!! Is it maybe only a "time zone" issue? I'm in UTC -5:00 Eastern? I can't imagine it's a cable provider issue but I do have Comcast in 25414

Software is 20.3.1-2-758 on my P-4XL

Last edited by WVZR1 : 11-03-2013 at 10:23 PM.
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
cherry ghost

Similar thread from last year after Daylight Saving Time ended

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...ghlight=manual
cherry ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 AM   #3
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Yeah, I had an issue yesterday trying to schedule a manual recording for this coming Wednesday. I had the channel, date, start time and end time all set, but when I checked it, the date had moved to Thursday. I finally had to do the manual setting by time....then it "stuck".
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
WVZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I finally had to do the manual setting by time....then it "stuck".
I did that several times from "scratch" selecting once, day, channel, start and stop, I changed all of them to a different value and got a similar "already ended" or I got a day/date value that was in error. I didn't restart the TiVo but I did do a "force connect" and retried. Same results.

I assumed it was a DLST vs ST issue but it doesn't seem it should take a complete cycle of the 12 hour clock for the DLST to "lock-on". It's amazing that DLST should be such a large "stumbling block" for the TiVo crew. Today later than 8:00 AM it seems fine and that's why I mentioned a "complete cycle" of the 12 hour clock.

Recording "live TV" for later viewing is what brought the product to market and it's why I bought into the product. Streaming and all of the Internet options certainly satisfy the "we want more" crowd but if it can't accomplish the "basics reliably" maybe the P-XL and the P-4XL are my last.

I had considered an upgrade but maybe I'll just "stand pat" for a while.

If they had the issue "last year" and couldn't get past it in 12 months I guess we should expect the same next year and likely maybe the year after?

Granted mine was a coincidental issue created by CBS programing but then again the TiVo couldn't do what was needed to get past it.

Maybe the "Fall" roll-out to the "masses" is a month or so late! Perhaps!

Last edited by WVZR1 : 11-04-2013 at 08:37 AM.
WVZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote