Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #301
morac
Cat God

Quote:
Originally Posted by defond View Post
Does anyone know why the "what to watch now" isn't showing up in tivo central? I thought it was supposed to be included in this update.
Try forcing a connection maybe? I see it on my Premiere.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #302
beejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
email her at Margret@tivo.com thats the quickest way.

Make sure you spell it Margret not Margaret
Is that really how she wants to deal with this?

How it possible that it is easier to deal with a flood of e-mails than to determine why the list of TSNs in the database haven't all been updated?
S2DT - 186 hours

"For some people, even 10 TiVo DVRs is not overkill."
TiVoOpsMgr
Director, Svc. Ops

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
beejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #303
MeInDallas

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

How it possible that it is easier to deal with a flood of e-mails than to determine why the list of TSNs in the database haven't all been updated?
Well if you read back thru the thread you will see that she came here and said they found like 1000 TSN's that fell into a black hole, and next time a connection was made those people should get the update, well that never happened, not for me at least, and I see some others it didnt happen as well.

Why Tivo does things the way it does is beyond my comprehension.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #304
defond

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
Ok thanks! I'll try it and see what happens.
Old 11-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #305
JWhites

Still no update out in my area.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #306
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
What is with the icon of a Red Circle Slash now on copy protected shows when browsing a Remote DVR?
Now you cannot tell the status of the recording, Blue, Green, Yellow, Yellow-Exclamation, also cannot see if it is still recording.

It makes it look like you cannot even MRS-Stream the show, although you can, The regular icons were fine, this just looks wrong.

Is anyone else seeing this awful change, Blue dot replaced by Red Circle Slash for copy protected recordings.
That has always been there....I've had that show up for shows on my XL4 when browsing on my HD ever since I've had it (one year)...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #307
JWhites

I've never seen the red circle slash appear in that fashion before. The only time I see it while viewing a remote video is after highlighting the title and hitting select where I'm brought to the menu to either play, delete now, bonus features, explore this show, or keep until, and on the right side of the screen under the picture of the program, the date it was recorded, and the length of the recording.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #308
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
That has always been there....I've had that show up for shows on my XL4 when browsing on my HD ever since I've had it (one year)...
But, isn't that because you cannot do MRS between an S3 and S4?

I have never seen this with the HDUI, between Premieres and Roamios were MRS was enabled. I also now see it on the Mini when viewing a DVR that is not the Host DVR.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #309
jrtroo
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Its because it is not a flood, but a trickle. I must have been one of the 1000, and I got my update yesterday. If they don't know where the issue is, having a specific TSN would be great for troubleshooting.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #310
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
Its because it is not a flood, but a trickle. I must have been one of the 1000, and I got my update yesterday. If they don't know where the issue is, having a specific TSN would be great for troubleshooting.
I'm baffled because like I signed up about a month ago I think and have yet to get the update. I figured it might be a regional thing, but then others got the update in the same state and timezone I'm in so now I'm like "what the hell?"
Old 11-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #311
defond

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
I forced a connection and rebooted and it's still not there. Oh well I guess it's not that big of a deal anyways...
Old 11-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #312
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

After the update I re-enabled 1080p(24) to see if Netflix still switches and randomly drops out of 1080p.

Now I cannot even get the Premiere to switch to 1080p(24) when enabled. Is this how they decided to fix it?

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #313
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

One thing I noticed... And I don't think I'm imagining it? but now with the update, when I watch shows on my Mini using MRS from my XL4, the ff function is smoother/ less choppy now, more like you're watching it locally. I feel like it used to look like it was updating the image less often. Or am I just overtired? Lol
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #314
Devx

Quote:
I forced a connection and rebooted and it's still not there. Oh well I guess it's not that big of a deal anyways...
I don't have it either, odd that some have it and some don't...
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:58 AM   #315
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
After the update I re-enabled 1080p(24) to see if Netflix still switches and randomly drops out of 1080p.

Now I cannot even get the Premiere to switch to 1080p(24) when enabled. Is this how they decided to fix it?
Same thing here - no 1080p/24.

I thought it was my connection as my router crashes about 15 minutes after streaming Netflix video. I chalked this up to the fact that I recently upgraded my internet speeds and I figured the Netflix app was pulling in too much data for my (oldish) router to handle - hence the crash when trying to deliver more data than it can handle. I have to do a hard reset on the router when this happens.

Hmm. Similar issue here with a Roamio box.

Last edited by DCIFRTHS : 11-02-2013 at 05:07 AM.
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #316
Megamind
Dazed & Confused

Emailed Margret yesterday with my TSN. No reply, and still no update. Either I went to spam, or she must have taken the afternoon off.

In the big picture it's no big deal, but the priority list seems pretty pointless to me ...
Megamind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:26 AM   #317
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
But, isn't that because you cannot do MRS between an S3 and S4?

I have never seen this with the HDUI, between Premieres and Roamios were MRS was enabled. I also now see it on the Mini when viewing a DVR that is not the Host DVR.
Nope...I can MRV, but apparently just not those titles (I've never tried)...

Last edited by Bierboy : 11-02-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #318
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Finally got it this morning. PM yesterday morning; email last night.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #319
telamon

Add me to the list of folks who signed up for the priority list weeks ago and still hasn't gotten the update on my Premiere 4.
telamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #320
I WANT MORE

Got mine. Priority lister.
I WANT MORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:53 AM   #321
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

One thing I've noticed is there used to be a glitch with the 30-second skip, where if you skipped repeatedly and quickly, eventually the screen would freeze on one image while you kept skipping, and you'd have to wait a sec for it to unfreeze and catch up, and then skip a little more slowly. Now, with admittedly very limited experience, it seems you can skip freely.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #322
weaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
Emailed Margret yesterday with my TSN. No reply, and still no update. Either I went to spam, or she must have taken the afternoon off.

In the big picture it's no big deal, but the priority list seems pretty pointless to me ...
I emailed Margret yesterday, and got it this morning.

I seem to remember many people having problems with the priority list not taking their numbers, but that was after I had mine on the list. I wonder if the people who were on the list before that got "lost."
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #323
ufo4sale

So I got the update but I didn't get the "what to watch now" feature. What should I do to rectify the situation? also did they update the netflix app cause it's still the old version?
Old 11-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #324
magicspell

Quote:
Does anyone know why the "what to watch now" isn't showing up in tivo central? I thought it was supposed to be included in this update.
I received the update a few days ago. First noticed it when I was using my mini. Saw the "what to watch now" and three new TiVo videos in my list. Yesterday was the first time I actually looked at my Premiere. There was a message waiting for me indicating the Fall update had been applied but the Premiere DOESN'T have the "what to watch now" item??? Strange.
magicspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #325
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
What is with the icon of a Red Circle Slash now on copy protected shows when browsing a Remote DVR?
Now you cannot tell the status of the recording, Blue, Green, Yellow, Yellow-Exclamation, also cannot see if it is still recording.

It makes it look like you cannot even MRS-Stream the show, although you can, The regular icons were fine, this just looks wrong.

Is anyone else seeing this awful change, Blue dot replaced by Red Circle Slash for copy protected recordings.
Correction in my case -- I see those red circles when remotely viewing my Premiere on my HD.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #326
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Nope...I can MRS, but apparently just not those titles (I've never tried)...
No you can't, at least not between a Premiere and an HD. S3 and earlier units could only do MRV. Which actually copies the show to the other TiVo. The reason those shows have a red circle is because the are protected and can not be copied. However Premiere units support streaming, called MRS, and it works with any show regardless of the protected state. So that red slash icon only applies to MRV which is not really used much any more in households that have multiple Premiere/Roamio/Mini units.

In previous versions of the HDUI the icons next to shows did not look any different then they did if you were using the TiVo directly. The only indication that a show couldn't be copied via MRV was a red slash icon on the right under the description and a lack of a Transfer option in the show's menu.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #327
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
No you can't, at least not between a Premiere and an HD. S3 and earlier units could only do MRV. Which actually copies the show to the other TiVo. The reason those shows have a red circle is because the are protected and can not be copied. However Premiere units support streaming, called MRS, and it works with any show regardless of the protected state. So that red slash icon only applies to MRV which is not really used much any more in households that have multiple Premiere/Roamio/Mini units.

In previous versions of the HDUI the icons next to shows did not look any different then they did if you were using the TiVo directly. The only indication that a show couldn't be copied via MRV was a red slash icon on the right under the description and a lack of a Transfer option in the show's menu.
Dan, I corrected my post before you posted this. I meant MRV...not MRS...
Old 11-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #328
bobrt6676

Quote:
Originally Posted by telamon View Post
Add me to the list of folks who signed up for the priority list weeks ago and still hasn't gotten the update on my Premiere 4.
+1
bobrt6676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #329
Doit2it

Really liking:

HD Wishlist menu - MUCH faster than the old SD menu. Took forever (40+ seconds) to populate my 33 lists. Now it's just a couple of seconds before I can start browsing the list. And no, only a few are set to auto-record.

Group delete - Yea! They finally fixed the group delete issue. Now when the last item in a group is played, it drops back to My Shows and the preview window reverts to live TV so you can delete the group with Clear/Select. I use this a lot to delete YouTube groups (trailers, users, etc.) after viewing the group.

Group play info - It used to show playing 2 of 5, etc. in a bubble floating above the info box, now it's at the bottom of the info box. Just text on black background, no bubble.

Noticed:

Manufacture Brand - Used to just say Tivo, now says Tivo Customer Support. Roamio's have the same info.

Tivo Service Level - changed. Used to be xxx0xx, now it's xxx7xx. Might change every time there's an update, this is just the 1st time I noticed.

Recording Capacity - Reduced from 318 hrs to 316 hrs. But if I ever get in a situation where I wish I had those 2 hours, I'd better start watching shows!

Edit: I just signed up for the priority list on Sunday the 20th. Got the update the night of the 30th. Not forced, just noticed it the next morning. So I don't know what the priority order is.

Tivo XL4 w/LT :: TiVo HD w/LT & 2TB :: LG 47" & 42" HDTVs
Tivo HD w/LT - Mom :: Series 2 80 - Boxed :: Series 2 40 - Boxed

Last edited by Doit2it : 11-02-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Doit2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #330
celtic pride

does anyone know when the rest of us who didn't sign up for the priority list get it?
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote