Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #181
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdanska View Post
Was this something Fox did on purpose against TiVo cause all of a sudden, all Fox prime time network programming comes up as "TO BE ANNOUNCED". Including all week's programming. (So many check your guides). I have a 4 hour recording of "TO BE ANNOUNCED" just to get tonight's Simpson's
"TO BE ANNOUNCED" is due to Fox's MLB World Series coverage, which takes 1st priority and has nothing to do with TiVo. Game times can only be approximated due to weather and overall length of the game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.j...m_mlb_schedule

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #182
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
"TO BE ANNOUNCED" is due to Fox's MLB World Series coverage, which takes 1st priority and has nothing to do with TiVo. Game times can only be approximated due to weather and overall length of the game.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/ps.j...m_mlb_schedule
That should not be an issue for this week as the world series has been scheduled to start Wednesday (scheduled over a year ago). I'm not seeing any missing guide data for Fox's primetime during the entire week.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #183
jhnversion1

This is getting rediculous

I seem to be getting partial recordings every Thursday on ABC for Grey's and Scandal. I bought this unit for a better experience, but all I seem to be getting is error after error. I've scoured the forums and they say it will be fixed with the latest update, but I have yet to see a recording of Grey's that has been recorded properly...=(
jhnversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #184
uw69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnversion1 View Post
I seem to be getting partial recordings every Thursday on ABC for Grey's and Scandal. I bought this unit for a better experience, but all I seem to be getting is error after error. I've scoured the forums and they say it will be fixed with the latest update, but I have yet to see a recording of Grey's that has been recorded properly...=(
More details please. Partial recording is how long, is the partial recording watchable, does FF, skip work during partial recording? Only on Thursday ABC with Grey's and Scandal back to back recording?

Trying figure out if this is the issue this thread WAS about (update fixed the issue I had in this tread) or if you are experiencing a back to back recording issue. (discussed in a different thread http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508756 see here ) Thanks.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #185
ahwman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnversion1 View Post
Don't give up as I am still experiencing similar issues even after the update. I have been speaking with Margaret at TiVo and she tells me that they have a new fix in the works. Crossing my fingers that we see this soon and it corrects our issues...
ahwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #186
jhnversion1

Both recordings can be watched but vary in length. Sometimes it can be 32 minutes, sometimes it can be shorter. I initially thought it was the back to back recordings bug, but my other shows that were recorded back to back recorded fine.

Also, I never experienced the audio glitch for back to back recordings that was mentioned in the link posted above.
jhnversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #187
tough joe

Came home last night - around 9pm, 4 channels my pro was recording were all in a frozen pixelated state. Had to restart unit via the menu. Worked fine until I fell asleep at 11pm. I put the TiVo in standby mode to kill the front lights. Woke up this morning around 7am, the unit would not respond to the remote to bring it out of standby. Also, pressing the power button on the front panel was not working. Had to unplug the power cord. It rebooted and works fine now.

This is a very similar problem I experienced that TivoMargret had us contact her about a month ago.

The recordings vary in length, but the video is unwatchable (pixilation in a frozen state). Live tv would not work, same pixilation.

I'll keep an eye on it by you know what they say, 1 time its a coincidence, 2 times its a
conspiracy.

Hopefully this is a one time gliche
tough joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #188
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Update available later today

I believe this problem will finally be resolved with today's update for Roamio:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=511493

This update should fix the remaining issues some users were experiencing with FOX News, FOX Sports, FXX, and other channels in some markets.

(I appreciate everyone's patience as we figured out what was going on here.)

--Margret

P.S. Love your Roamio? Enter for a chance to win $25K: http://sweeps.tivo.com/HolidayCash/
TiVo Inc. *

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:12 AM   #189
jwbelcher

RWD+30sec jumps forward

Margret - I experienced an issue with trick play + live tv today where pressing RWD + 30 skip will jump back to the 15 min marker, but then immediately skip forward to the end of the live stream buffer. Also, if I rewind all the way back to the beginning of the live buffer, will also cause it to jump forward. For what its worth, the channel was SDV, Disney junior HD, with 480i programming. I attempted to press record to capture the video, but the recording doesn't exhibit the behavior. None of my other tuners had this issue, but I recall experiencing this issue once before the last update as well.
Sony SAT-T60 + Turbonet (Retired)
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #190
jwbelcher

I found one way to cause this behavior. Around 10:45 last night, I switched to a tuner that had just completed recording (The Soup) that ended at 10:30 pm. The Live buffer showed the past hour, even though it just completed recording the program. As I attempted to rewind back, when I hit the 10:30 pm marker, it skipped forward to the end of the live buffer. It seems that the buffer shown before 10:30 wasn't really available (even though it was green) and caused an error when attempting to rewind beyond that point. Hopefully this makes sense.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #191
jwbelcher

I saw this today where there the buffer started right after the previous recording (no overlap with the recording). Still when rewinding to the beginning of the buffer, it caused the video to skip forward to the end of the live buffer. Only work around is to stop rewinding right before getting to the beginning of the buffer.