TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
DHP

OOH Roamio streaming with Content Filter

I have setup Out of home streaming with my Roamio Pro. I can stream in the home to the mobile ios app just fine. When out of the home, I can see My Shows on the Roamio Pro on the ios app and I can schedule new recordings just fine.

I have a content filter installed (iBoss Home) that acts as my DHCP server in the home. Even though I have set up the Roamio's IP address to have no content filtering, when the content filter is enabled I cannot get out of home streaming working. I disabled the content filter today and I can stream out of the home just fine.

I have a slingbox that can stream just fine out of the home when my content filter is enabled (and the slingbox IP address has no filtering).

Anyone know if I need to do port forwarding or any other tricks for the Roamio Pro?
DHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

The OOH feature is currently using a proxy to function. Your content filter probably blocks all proxies because they can be used to bypass content filters. TiVo said that a future update will enable internal port forwarding to be used instead, which is what Slingbox does. But that update isn't expected until sometime next year.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
The OOH feature is currently using a proxy to function. Your content filter probably blocks all proxies because they can be used to bypass content filters. TiVo said that a future update will enable internal port forwarding to be used instead, which is what Slingbox does. But that update isn't expected until sometime next year.
Slingbox I think tries to use UPNP if available since I didn't have to configure manual port forwarding for it to work. UPNP disturbs me a little because it can be a security hole and at least on my router I don't see any indication of when it is being used or not. There is a router setting to enable/disable UPNP, but no logging related to UPNP.
Cox - Motorola CableCards & TAs
Slingbox 350 via TiVo Mini & TiVo Stream for remote viewing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
DHP

Thanks Dan - do you know what address/URL Tivo is using for the proxy server? Maybe I could allow the URL for the proxy server on my content filter
DHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

I don't. It's not listed on the system info page and because it's an iOS app there is really no easy way to sniff it. Someone with more time and more skills then I might be able to figure it out by routing it through a secondary proxy or trapping NAT traffic.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #6
Devx

I don't have a URL but my router log shows that while downloading over LTE I have high egress traffic to IP 136.179.5.155 on port 1195. A whois ultimately revealed it to be a company in Alviso, CA by the name of Tivo, Inc.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

According to a reverse DNS lookup service that resolves to something on switchnap.com
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #8
Devx

They are a service provider, the IP block is Tivo's if you keep following the chain.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:33 AM   #9
Dan203
Super Moderator

Maybe it would be as easy as allowing all tivo.com traffic?