TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #271
MeInDallas

You might try and email her if you wanna go to the trouble. I sent her a message with my TSN and she flipped the switch and I had it like 5 minutes later.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:20 AM   #272
moyekj

Got the update on my Premiere tonight and I can confirm that HTML5 apps now run on series 4 units with this release. Like the bug with the Roamio introduced with 20.3.7, however, an arbitrary web page doesn't automatically get focus when starting it up, so you can't use arrow keys to navigate, scroll, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #273
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbiro View Post
I got my update during the day yesterday so when I got home I checked my Network Status and saw the Restart Pending message.

Being impatient, I wanted to soft reboot my Tivo PremierXL immediately, but from the HD Gui I could only find Standby. If I flip back to the SD UI, I know exactly where to find the restart TiVo (with 3 thumbs down confirmation).

In the end I pulled the plug on my TiVo and naturally after several minutes of rebooting, I got the Blue Screen of External Drive Death. So I pulled the plugs on both, started the external drive and then the TiVo and hoped and prayed that they will come up paired - which they did.

Can you restart the TiVo from within HD UI? And if so, where is it?
I know someone already answered you, but it really bugs me how RESTART was moved to the Help menu - so I had to post - just to express my frustration at where RESTART is loacted
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #274
MeInDallas

Suggestions started populating within the hour, amazing!
Old 11-01-2013, 05:28 AM   #275
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

What is with the icon of a Red Circle Slash now on copy protected shows when browsing a Remote DVR?
Now you cannot tell the status of the recording, Blue, Green, Yellow, Yellow-Exclamation, also cannot see if it is still recording.

It makes it look like you cannot even MRS-Stream the show, although you can, The regular icons were fine, this just looks wrong.

Is anyone else seeing this awful change, Blue dot replaced by Red Circle Slash for copy protected recordings.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RedSlash.jpg (55.8 KB, 849 views)

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 11-01-2013 at 09:20 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #276
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

With this update is the new HTML5 YouTube app supposed to look the same as on the Roamio? Mine still looks like the old YouTube app.

Should I have "What to Watch Now", because I don't, but won't miss it.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 11-01-2013 at 06:16 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #277
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Looks like they fixed the DST bug in the ToDo list where shows after the time change would appear an hour off. Now all looks good on my box after Saturday.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #278
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Looks like they fixed the DST bug in the ToDo list where shows after the time change would appear an hour off. Now all looks good on my box after Saturday.
That drives OCD me crazy!

I'll probably get the update on Monday...
Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #279
xander777

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
With this update is the new HTML5 YouTube app supposed to look the same as on the Roamio? Mine still looks like the old YouTube app.

I don't seem to have a new YouTube app either. It looks exactly the same as the one I've had for months.

I did notice that I no longer have to have the app open to play videos from my tablet on the Tivo. It will start the app automatically when I press play on my Kindle.

The Netflix app on Tivo seems to work the same way as YouTube, but since it takes so long to load, the Netflix app on the Kindle times out before the Tivo app has finished loading.
xander777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #280
morac
Cat God

Quote:
With this update is the new HTML5 YouTube app supposed to look the same as on the Roamio? Mine still looks like the old YouTube app. Should I have "What to Watch Now", because I don't, but won't miss it.
"

What to Watch Now" is on my Premiere. It's very slow to load though. I never use it in the iOS app so I don't expect I'll use it on the TiVo either.

I saw a gigantic pause ad last night that took up around 1/4 of the screen. That was annoying. I guess TiVo decided the pause ads weren't big enough.
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #281
moyekj

Quote:

Netflix and YouTube are still flash apps for me on my series 4 units with 20.3.7 as well. (On Roamio Pro they are html).

Old 11-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #282
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
...I saw a gigantic pause ad last night that took up around 1/4 of the screen. That was annoying. I guess TiVo decided the pause ads weren't big enough.
I saw a "pause ad" this morning for the first time, but it certainly didn't take up 1/4 of my screen. Yes, it was bigger than I remember, but not THAT big...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #283
weaver

I don't have to worry about bigger pause ads yet, since I don't have the update.

I'm one of those on the priority list who doesn't seem to have priority.
weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:11 PM   #284
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

got it, and noticed a couple of unwanted changes right away:
  • if you're at the bottom of "my shows", you can't use group sort to jump back to the top of the list
  • browsing upcoming recordings in hd wishlist, if you modify or cancel a recording, it forgets your place and goes back to the top of the list
not biggies, but they will take getting used to

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #285
UCLABB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
got it, and noticed a couple of unwanted changes right away:
  • if you're at the bottom of "my shows", you can't use group sort to jump back to the top of the list
  • browsing upcoming recordings in hd wishlist, if you modify or cancel a recording, it forgets your place and goes back to the top of the list
not biggies, but they will take getting used to
I've always used the skip button to go to the bottom of the My Shows list and then back to the top.
UCLABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #286
defond

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
I don't have to worry about bigger pause ads yet, since I don't have the update.

I'm one of those on the priority list who doesn't seem to have priority.

I'm in the same boat here, I'm on the priority list but still no update. Does anyone know when the update is gonna be out for the people that didn't sign up? Maybe then I'll get it...
Old 11-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #287
NorthAlabama
tabasco rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCLABB View Post
I've always used the skip button to go to the bottom of the My Shows list and then back to the top.
thanks, yet another feature i never used before!

another note, my shows is responding faster since the update. i will try the streaming apps this weekend...

The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you. - David Foster Wallace
NorthAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #288
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
What is with the icon of a Red Circle Slash now on copy protected shows when browsing a Remote DVR?
Now you cannot tell the status of the recording, Blue, Green, Yellow, Yellow-Exclamation, also cannot see if it is still recording.

It makes it look like you cannot even MRS-Stream the show, although you can, The regular icons were fine, this just looks wrong.

Is anyone else seeing this awful change, Blue dot replaced by Red Circle Slash for copy protected recordings.
Yep seeing it here too. I wonder why they did that. With streaming now being the dominant form of multi-room viewing that red slash seems a bit confusing.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #289
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
Do you know the skip button will jump between the top and bottom of any list in the UI?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #290
tomhorsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Do you know the skip button will jump between the top and bottom of any list in the UI?
Now if I only knew which button on my harmony corresponds to the one people are calling "skip" in this thread :-).
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #291
xander777

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
Now if I only knew which button on my harmony corresponds to the one people are calling "skip" in this thread :-).
The one that looks like this: >>|
xander777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #292
CloudAtlas

HTML5 apps vs Flash based apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Netflix and YouTube are still flash apps for me on my series 4 units with 20.3.7 as well. (On Roamio Pro they are html).
How can one tell the difference between an HTML5 app and a Flash application on TiVo? Technically I understand the difference. I actually ran the YouTube application for the first time ever as I wanted to see the rendering speed of an HTML5 application on Premiere. Then I realized I had no idea if was or wasn't HTML5 based!

HTML5 applications running on the Premiere boxes is HUGE as future application development in Flash is dead (thx Apple).
CloudAtlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #293
shamilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post
How can one tell the difference between an HTML5 app and a Flash application on TiVo? Technically I understand the difference. I actually ran the YouTube application for the first time ever as I wanted to see the rendering speed of an HTML5 application on Premiere. Then I realized I had no idea if was or wasn't HTML5 based!

HTML5 applications running on the Premiere boxes is HUGE as future application development in Flash is dead (thx Apple).
from Margret's release note:

new (HTML5) YouTube app with DIAL support
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #294
defond

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInDallas View Post
You might try and email her if you wanna go to the trouble. I sent her a message with my TSN and she flipped the switch and I had it like 5 minutes later.

I emailed her a little while ago and now I am installing the update finally..
Old 11-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #295
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post

Today looks like my Premiere switched over to use html versions of YouTube and Netflix. The easy way to tell is they look different from the traditional series 4 versions. I'm using mindRPC functions to list applications available to the Premiere Roamio which is how I can tell more concretely:

YouTube:
"uiDestinationType": "web"
"uri": "x-tivo:web:https://www.youtube.com/tv",
"serviceGroup": ["DG_webkit_youtube"]

Netflix:
"uiDestinationType": "flash"
"uri": "x-tivo:netflix:netflix"
"serviceGroup": ["DG_webkit_netflix"]

Netflix html version seems kind of convoluted and doesn't use an http url directly and seems to launch initially as flash and then transitions to html. The clue that it is ultimately html based seems to be in serviceGroup.

EDIT: The above entries are for the Roamio, not my Premiere (I mistakenly thought I had run this on my Premiere). Premiere is still showing the older flash based apps so they have not been switched over for me yet...

Last edited by moyekj : 11-02-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #296
morac
Cat God

So is HTML5 running on top of Flash on the Premiere or natively somehow?
morac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #297
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by morac View Post
So is HTML5 running on top of Flash on the Premiere or natively somehow?
20.3.7 software has built in Opera browser, so that's what is being used. (And ironically the built in Opera browser itself doesn't support Flash).

Old 11-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #298
koenip

Need an update

I don't have ten posts, so the forum won't let me message Margaret to ask for her to push the update to me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Ko
koenip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #299
MeInDallas

email her at Margret@tivo.com thats the quickest way.

Make sure you spell it Margret not Margaret
Old 11-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #300
defond

Does anyone know why the "what to watch now" isn't showing up in tivo central? I thought it was supposed to be included in this update.