TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #1
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Dads- Season 1 Thread

I'm not sure why I felt the need to call this a Season 1 thread. I can't imagine a world where this will see a second season. Seth MacFarlane is involved in this? I have a hard time believing it. I feel like maybe he came to FOX with a show and they changed it into whatever this POS is. It was terrible.

I was really really trying to find something to laugh at and I just couldn't. The cast is wonderful and very talented. Doesn't Giovanni Ribisi have an Oscar? I can't believe he would stoop to this.

Is anyone else watching?
Old 10-03-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
mattack

I don't think it's *terrible*, but it's not very good. I'm still going to *probably* keep recording it (but probably offload to a hard drive), to keep for leaner new-TV times. I did cancel my "Mom" SP last night, however.

Even though it's not very good, I like Seth Green and some of the other actors.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
kdmorse

I kinda liked it at first. But my opinion of it is gradually sliding downhill...

There's a part of me that enjoys the way they pick a absurd premise, and then beat it to death for 22 minutes, well beyond the point of absurdity. But the idea's wearing thin...
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Supfreak26
Live Like Noone Else

My problem with this show is the laugh track. It blasts after every. Single. Line.

Unbearable.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #5
markz
Hilarity Ensues

This week's episode with the prostate exam was some of the funniest television I have seen in a long time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
sharkster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markz View Post
This week's episode with the prostate exam was some of the funniest television I have seen in a long time!
Loved it! Ribisi can be comic genius. The looks on his face were classic. Then the way that played out was hilarious. THEN, everybody else ends up in the room too. OMG - great stuff.

I've been watching 'My Name is Earl' on TBS lately and Ribisi is on some of the episodes. He can play anything.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #7
astrohip
Stuart F

Terrible show. I'll watch any sitcom, but this just isn't funny. SP was deleted after a few eps, although I still catch it every now & then (and it's STILL not remotely funny). Nonetheless...

FOX picks up a full season of 'Dads'

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print...season-of-dads

I love this blurb:

Quote:
In the release announcing the back-nine order for "Dads," FOX trumpets that "Dads" ranks as one of the season's Top 10 new shows among men 18-34 and one of the Top 10 new comedies among men 18-49 and women 18-49.

I'll repeat that: FOX dug as deep as "Top 10 new comedies among men 18-49 and women 18-34." By my count, 13 new comedies have premiered this fall, including "We Are Men" and "Welcome to the Family," which have already been cancelled. So you can stop and pause to think about all of the demographics in which "Dads" did not make the Top 10 new comedies, apparently.
So it beat #11.

Through its first three telecasts, "Dads" is averaging a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 for Live+7 figures. In its most recent Live+SD airing, "Dads" averaged 3.42 million viewers and a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49.
astrohip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Still enjoying it.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
StacieH
betativowho??

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterboy View Post
Still enjoying it.
I do, too, which surprises me. I don't like Family Guy or American Dad.
StacieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #10
mattack

I don't *really* like it, but I'm still keeping it, unlike Mom, the Millers, or The Goldbergs. Off the top of my head, and I'm probably forgetting some, there are only 2-3 new sitcoms that are 'any good'.. and Dads is on the low end of that scale. I'm still recording Trophy Wife, but I think I finally axed my "Back in the Game" one, since it isn't very funny..

This year seems to have more new dramas that were entertaining, though I'm not keeping up on all of them.. (have several unwatched Sleepy Hollows, at the very least, haven't watched ANY of the show after Revenge)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
Supfreak26
Live Like Noone Else

I bailed on this after 2 eps. Just couldn't handle the obnoxious laugh track. Plus I didn't find it funny. And I love Family Guy.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supfreak26 View Post
I bailed on this after 2 eps. Just couldn't handle the obnoxious laugh track. Plus I didn't find it funny. And I love Family Guy.
Couldn't even make it past 1 episode for the exact same reason. The laugh track was so intrusive it was strange. Especially for a show that just didn't have many funny lines. I can ignore the laugh track on almost any other show that is mildly amusing.

I actually like the cast so it was even more disappointing that it was so bad.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #13
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I almost bailed but it has gotten funnier as it goes. The prostate exam episode was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #14
type_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Couldn't even make it past 1 episode for the exact same reason. The laugh track was so intrusive it was strange. Especially for a show that just didn't have many funny lines. I can ignore the laugh track on almost any other show that is mildly amusing.

I actually like the cast so it was even more disappointing that it was so bad.
The show starts out by saying it is recorded in front of a live studio audience i don't think there is a laugh track. but i am with you.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
fmowry

Quote:
Originally Posted by type_g View Post
The show starts out by saying it is recorded in front of a live studio audience i don't think there is a laugh track. but i am with you.
Being recorded live and having a laugh track aren't mutually exclusive.

It might be recorded in front of a live studio audience but they probably didn't laugh at all (like me and you) and then the laugh track was added. And poorly.
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote