TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
philhu
User Since Day ONE!

Revolution - 10/23/2013

This show is starting to remind me of Jericho.

Season one, hardships, no power, rebuild slowly after nukes, no food, everything closed, food stolen

Then Season 2, 'Jericho is on the fasttrack', US Army comes in, power restored and the restaurant is serving beer and hamburgers within first 20 minutes of S02E01

The difference is Revolution season 2 has completely removed itself from its season 1 premise. Power, restore power, rebuild society. Season 2 has turned into a them vs us war/violence show
Tivo (S2-retired, 500gb HD, 2 units)
TivoHD (2tb HD, chip mod, 2 units)
Tivo Premiere (2tb HD)
Tivo Premiere4 (2tb (JMFS) HD)
philhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
pmyers

I actually enjoyed this episode quite a bit.

I really enjoyed Aaron's flashbacks.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
mrdbdigital
The TBS Archives

TC CLUB MEMBER
They sure had a lot of "Patriots" come from Cuba on that little, small, wooden boat.

I guess the Secretary is going to turn on the Patriots, now that they have tried to kill her? Maybe she'll join the resistance. She would be quite an asset.
mrdbdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdbdigital View Post
They sure had a lot of "Patriots" come from Cuba on that little, small, wooden boat.

I guess the Secretary is going to turn on the Patriots, now that they have tried to kill her? Maybe she'll join the resistance. She would be quite an asset.
Pretty cold that Tom was just going to leave her to die when he realized she was on the outs and wasn't going to be able to help him infiltrate the "Patriots."

So Aaron started shacking up with that teacher just a couple months after her husband tragically burned up in the back of the car? Did she know that her hubby was in there with another woman, or were the bodies so charred that nobody could tell?

Interesing that Rachel is the one who developed the nanotech technology, but even she has zero clue how the nanites could be interacting with Aaron to be able to allow him to see things remotely and start fires based on his anger.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

The problem I have with this season is I'm having a hard time picking a side to root for. Maybe that's the intent until they show us who's actually the good guys. We have them trying to make last year's big baddie a good guy, and the USofA as the bad guys (although we don't know if they are REALLY representing the actual government). Then we have the Texas guys in there just to confuse things, and we aren't quite sure where THEY stand. Our heroes are stuck in between them all.

I agree, I liked it better when this was about figuring out how to get the power on rather than a bunch of warring factions. We don't seem to be getting anywhere. I'm not even sure what outcome they are moving toward.

I'm still in, but I find myself only semi-paying attention.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Pretty cold that Tom was just going to leave her to die when he realized she was on the outs and wasn't going to be able to help him infiltrate the "Patriots."....
I didn't seriously think he was gonna leave her to die....now maybe Gus Fring would have...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
I didn't seriously think he was gonna leave her to die....now maybe Gus Fring would have...
Oh I totally did...until she brought up his son.

I'm not a big fan of that story line.....a reprogramming center, really!

Last edited by pmyers : 10-28-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Oh, I have no problem believing he would let her die if she wasn't of use to him. He used to be a cold-blooded sociopath with a cause to guide him. Now he's just a cold-blooded sociopath.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Oh, I have no problem believing he would let her die if she wasn't of use to him. He used to be a cold-blooded sociopath with a cause to guide him. Now he's just a cold-blooded sociopath.
My thought was, he was going to use the information she gave him about the camps as leverage against the people he was working for. Letting her die gave him more power if he could defeat them. But his son being in the camps meant he needed her to help find him.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #10
RickStrobel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
.....a reprogramming center, really!
The existence of a reprogramming center makes a lot of sense. How else can you brainwash people to launch nukes then put a bullet in your own head? Or have a cyanide capsule implanted in your tooth?

Do have to give some creative license to the idea that there's still LSD being produced (or there's still enough in circulation) 15 years after no electricity.
RickStrobel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'm somewhat surprised that Tom didn't simply torture the information about his son from her.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
consumedsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I'm somewhat surprised that Tom didn't simply torture the information about his son from her.
That'd be too easy.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStrobel View Post
The existence of a reprogramming center makes a lot of sense. How else can you brainwash people to launch nukes then put a bullet in your own head? Or have a cyanide capsule implanted in your tooth?

Do have to give some creative license to the idea that there's still LSD being produced (or there's still enough in circulation) 15 years after no electricity.
Well I'm not sure about how LSD is made, but we did see opium being grown in season 1.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #14
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickStrobel View Post
...Do have to give some creative license to the idea that there's still LSD being produced (or there's still enough in circulation) 15 years after no electricity.
That was my first thought, too....and I would say a lot more than "some" creative license...

...not that I would really know HOW to manufacture acid....

Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote