TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #1
GoPackGo

Wow! This season is moving along at a breakneck pace! So many good moments. Loved Peter's gambit with the Internet tax.

Last edited by GoPackGo : 10-27-2013 at 08:39 PM.
GoPackGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

What a great great episode. Written, acted, and scored to perfection.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Cainebj

i have a Sunday night ritual.
i watch The Walking Dead and get all pumped up and then I watch The Good Wife to calm me back down.

Ha!
This episode had me more on the edge than WD usually does.
The acting complexity from scene to scene and entire seasonal story lines twisting on a dime.
Every time I think I know where they are going they shift everything entirely.
That was crazy good.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 AM   #4
MikeCC
TiVotee

That was one roller coaster, nonstop thrill ride: tension filled, incredibly fast paced, with zigs and zags and surprising twists.

Peter to Will: "You do NOT want us together." Hah!

And come on, Diane... Even if you weren't wrong to out Alicia, you cannot expect to remain Peter's choice to nominate for the State Supreme Court.

I knew she couldn't leave the firm. I just didn't put it all together soon enough to see how the show would keep her there at the firm. Well done.

I could only catch my breath as the closing credits rolled.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I cracked up when Will passed on Grace's message.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
DougF

My watches this every week but I've only seen some of a few here and there when I happen to be sitting in the room. I happened to watch all of this with her last night and thought it was great.

I never started watching since the premise made it sound like, to me, that it was nothing more than a Lifetime movie stretched into a series. I'm starting to wonder if I've been missing a really good show.
DougF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I thought that was a nice touch.

I was waiting for Grace to unwittingly tell Will what Alicia had asked her son to do.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #8
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Yep. When the phone rang I was worried zack was calling from Grace's phone.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #9
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Oh yeah, and both my wife and I chuckled when Alicia downshifted out of confrontational and pleasantly asked when Grace called and sincerely thanked Will for the message.

It was one of those neat touches that give me a feeling of real... I mean adversaries like them can go at it, but still be almost cordial when kids are involved.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougF View Post
My watches this every week but I've only seen some of a few here and there when I happen to be sitting in the room. I happened to watch all of this with her last night and thought it was great.

I never started watching since the premise made it sound like, to me, that it was nothing more than a Lifetime movie stretched into a series. I'm starting to wonder if I've been missing a really good show.
I started watching because I loved the actors, and thought I'd give it a chance. It has been my must-watch-on-Sunday show. I don't do much time shifting, except perhaps to delay until I can ff through commercials.

Not every episode is so tension filled and fast paced, but I can honestly say I think every episode is extremely well-acted, and usually very well written.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
The Spud
Nick Danger, 3rd Eye

You would have thought that Cary (the main one) would have been smarter about revealing any information to Kalinda. He even gave her an odd look as if to wonder why she was asking.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Spud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #12
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
And come on, Diane...
I knew she couldn't leave the firm. I just didn't put it all together soon enough to see how the show would keep her there at the firm.
well that was the first place they threw me off a few episodes ago when Will offered Alicia Diane's position - I thought OHHHHH that is where we are going…

Quote:
another brilliant moment.
as was the quickie in the bedroom…
and Alicia breaking down in the elevator…

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I was waiting for Grace to unwittingly tell Will what Alicia had asked her son to do.
me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spud View Post
You would have thought that Cary (the main one) would have been smarter about revealing any information to Kalinda.
Kalinda's deception and her relationship with both Cary and Alicia had me thinking she was going to go with them - I believed her and I could see Cary believing her also.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
David Ortiz
Yankee Fan

Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if I've been missing a really good show.
Just the best drama on right now.
David Ortiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

watched this at lunch on my phone. I'm gonna have to rewatch tonight. So good.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #15
GoPackGo

Quote:
I avoided it for the same reasons until the groundswell of people I trust was too big to ignore. It's a great, great show.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:15 AM   #16
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I started watching it when it first came on purely because I think Julianna Margulies is hawt. Thought so since the first episode of ER.

Bonus is that The Good Wife is a really good show.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #17
billypritchard
Embiggener

Great episode. Especially good as a culmination of 90ish episodes of tv. Essentially, they took the four protagonists (yes, Alicia is 1A, but still) and have pitted them against each other. All four have done things on the gray side, and who you side with could very well vary from person to person.

I know in my household, my wife is disgusted with Will and Diane, while I easily put a lot of blame on Alicia. They at least know they are gray-shaded lawyers, while Alicia pretends to ride a moral high horse while still doing the dirty stuff. Striking out on her own? Not when the Governor makes it possible. Only taking good clients? Not when there is a Lemond Bishop to contact.

I love that. Will is hurt by Alicia, but at the same time it is totally true that even if she became Managing Partner, she would always feel like she was 'under' Will. Diane's best interest was to keep quiet and take her judgeship, but she let her personal feelings for Alicia (she's always bristled at her privilege) get in the way. Cary is probably the least culpable, but he also dicked around Kalinda.

Great stuff!
Old 10-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

This is probably the most I've ever liked Peter. "ethical, shmethical"
Old 10-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Essentially, they took the four protagonists (yes, Alicia is 1A, but still) and have pitted them against each other.

Cary is probably the least culpable, but he also dicked around Kalinda.
I was wondering who you think is the 4th protagonist?
Cary or Kalinda?

I've always disliked Will but his reaction to Diane's interview was way over the top.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
Cary or Kalinda?

I've always disliked Will but his reaction to Diane's interview was way over the top.
Well, I'm putting Will/Diane on one side and Cary/Alicia on the other side. Kalinda has always been out on her own.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:33 PM   #21
ADG
Allan

I've gone from watching The Good Wife because my wife likes it to looking forward to it each week. One of the best shows on the air and it just keeps getting better!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #22
Regina
I've got Jewbs!

!

Quote:
another brilliant moment.
as was the quickie in the bedroom…
OMG! I LOVE how Peter gets all hot for Alicia when he sees her doing well at her job!

And that was soooo funny when Alicia walked out of the bedroom and realized she forgot her underwear! LOL!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
smak
TV MA SLV

Quote:
Cary or Kalinda?

What I thought was over the top was that basically right when he saw it, she had to go.

Didn't talk to her, get her side of the story, have her clarify to the reporter, or anything, it was just goodbye...

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
This is probably the most I've ever liked Peter. "ethical, shmethical"
Just wait until Peter bangs the Ethics Commissioner.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #25
GoPackGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
I bet he doesn't.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #26
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Maybe he accidentally sends her an Anthony Wiener inspired picture of himself.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:29 AM   #27
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I am completely undecided on whether he will or not. I love that they've made him sufficiently complex that it could really go either way.

I can't believe that after however many seasons of rooting for Alicia and Will all of a sudden I'm rooting for Peter.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:14 AM   #28
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
I am completely undecided on whether he will or not. I love that they've made him sufficiently complex that it could really go either way.

I can't believe that after however many seasons of rooting for Alicia and Will all of a sudden I'm rooting for Peter.
For me, I never rooted for Will. Not for a moment. I guess watching the imprisoned Peter work hard to gain his freedom, to turn his life around, and to begin the process of regaining Alicia's trust, made me root for him early on.

I have smiled at his fidelity, even though I've been shaken by the twists and turns trying to convince viewers of Peter's relapse, before we find out he has remained steadfast.

Now, obviously, the regaining of Alicia's trust is a work in progress. Despite her growing love, and/or desire for the man, she is wary at how easily his zipper came down in the past. I think if that were to happen again, Illinois might have yet another sordid scandal swirling around the governorship, with Alicia being very public about Peter's, um, peter.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #29
Amnesia
The Question

What seems off to me is Alicia's easy acceptance of Peter using his position to help her (for example, she smiled when she saw his speech mentioning Internet taxation). Hasn't she resisted such things in the past?
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #30
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
For me, I never rooted for Will. Not for a moment. I guess watching the imprisoned Peter work hard to gain his freedom, to turn his life around, and to begin the process of regaining Alicia's trust, made me root for him early on.

I have smiled at his fidelity, even though I've been shaken by the twists and turns trying to convince viewers of Peter's relapse, before we find out he has remained steadfast.

Now, obviously, the regaining of Alicia's trust is a work in progress. Despite her growing love, and/or desire for the man, she is wary at how easily his zipper came down in the past. I think if that were to happen again, Illinois might have yet another sordid scandal swirling around the governorship, with Alicia being very public about Peter's, um, peter.
This is the thing that is troubling. Yes, Peter has worked hard to get back with Alicia, but they have never really showed us her 'emotional' connection with him. She's used him for sex, yes. She's used his connections, yes. But she's never really let him back into her heart.

There is a lot to like in the show's ambiguity. One thing is that I have no idea where they will actually end the show.