TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #1
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,951
The Amazing Race - Poland - OAD 10/27/2013

Told ya it was a non-elim! [smug mode off]

So now, there's only one Express Pass left and no-one knows who has it apart from the Docs and Pinky & No Brain!

Interesting to see that they only just won, even using the Express Pass, so I'm hoping they are not long for this competition - especially as they now have no bargaining power - even though Pinky said they would lie! Biotch.

I somehow knew that the Hippies were going to get U-Turned and have to dress up as the statues - again!

Oh, and as soon as they read the clue, I said 'Pose'. I've seen the show before and watched grown men cry like babies when they couldn't get the steps right!
__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey
 
Steveknj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 33,739
There should be a rule that if you finish first using the Express Pass you shouldn't be allowed to win the bonus prize (in this case, a trip to Hawaii). Maybe the rule should only be for Pinky and No Brain

And....mmmmmmm...Dohhh-Nuts
__________________
Annoying Blurb
Steveknj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #3
Bob Coxner
Registered User
 
Bob Coxner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,608
Pinky can lie all she wants but everyone knows they used the pass. They know because Pinky and No Brain weren't wearing their costumes at the end.

I'm really bummed that the hippies are out. They were my favorite pair and I think they could have gone to the end. The docs have been the ones to beat from the start and now with a pass they're even stronger.
__________________
Sceptre 40" X405BV-FHD3
Sony 34" HD KD34XBR970
R22 DVR / HR20-700 HD DVR
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
andyw715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 4,333
TAR should have made them dress up and wear it for the rest of the leg, even if using the EP.
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
Squeak
An Inert Gas
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 9,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
TAR should have made them dress up and wear it for the rest of the leg, even if using the EP.
Or if they were smart they would have done it themselves, regardless.
__________________
Do you really care what kind of TV or TiVo I have? Didn't think so...
Squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
WO312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
TAR should have made them dress up and wear it for the rest of the leg, even if using the EP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Or if they were smart they would have done it themselves, regardless.
I don't think they knew about it. IIRC, when you finished the task the clue said to keep your costume on. So I don't think they knew about it. Too bad for them.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #7
cstelter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
Pinky can lie all she wants but everyone knows they used the pass. They know because Pinky and No Brain weren't wearing their costumes at the end.
I think she'll still try to lie to others by offering them the express pass they've already given away in an effort to get teams to help her.

Docs have a decision-- admit they have the express pass to further hurt the team that gave it to them, or keep it hush-hush to avoid becoming more of a target from other teams.
__________________
Craig S
cstelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Squeak
An Inert Gas
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 9,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by WO312 View Post
I don't think they knew about it. IIRC, when you finished the task the clue said to keep your costume on. So I don't think they knew about it. Too bad for them.
They did. Don't they get the same clue telling them to go to the apartment building (which then had the added text about keep the costumes on). The express pass just got them to that clue without having to do the task.
__________________
Do you really care what kind of TV or TiVo I have? Didn't think so...
Squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
WO312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
They did. Don't they get the same clue telling them to go to the apartment building (which then had the added text about keep the costumes on). The express pass just got them to that clue without having to do the task.
Yea, I guess that's true. So they weren't thinking ahead. Surprised??
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
getbak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstelter View Post
I think she'll still try to lie to others by offering them the express pass they've already given away in an effort to get teams to help her.
They were required to give it away by the end of the fifth leg, and this was the fifth leg.

I'm pretty sure that Phil explained that to everyone before the race started, so every team should know that they must have given away the second Express Pass.
__________________
When you do this without getting punched, you'll have more fun.
getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #11
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
They were required to give it away by the end of the fifth leg, and this was the fifth leg.

I'm pretty sure that Phil explained that to everyone before the race started, so every team should know that they must have given away the second Express Pass.
Exactly. Pinky and No-Brain were hoping to still be able to induce people to help them during this leg with the promise of the EP, but once this leg ended, they lost their power.

I loved when the doctor pushed all the elevator buttons on his way down the stairs, making the baseball wife have to stop on every floor (even though I'm rooting for the baseball wives).
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
tvmaster2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 739
why does it always seem when the bikini bozos are faced with elimination, it's a non-elimination round? maybe I'm just jaded, but the oddballs, seniors and people who are just different seem to get axed first. I suppose there's proof that I'm wrong, it just feels that way
tvmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Told ya it was a non-elim! [smug mode off]
You're still racing legs are always like that. Still different from a non-elim leg though because there is no speed bump involved.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #14
andyw715
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 4,333
What happens if they don't give the express pass away?
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #15
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,175
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyw715 View Post
What happens if they don't give the express pass away?
My guess is that Phil would tell them to give it to somebody at the mat on the fifth leg. But what if they were Philiminated before they gave it away? I'd guess Phil would instruct them to give it to somebody as that was happening. Although they might be able to choose to take it with them.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils
 
DevdogAZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 36,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
My guess is that Phil would tell them to give it to somebody at the mat on the fifth leg. But what if they were Philiminated before they gave it away? I'd guess Phil would instruct them to give it to somebody as that was happening. Although they might be able to choose to take it with them.
I suspect that if they hadn't given it away before the end of the fifth leg, it would become worthless and Phil would confiscate it from them.
__________________
"You don't own a TV? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribbiani
DevdogAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
laria
Librocubicularist
 
laria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 12,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
Told ya it was a non-elim! [smug mode off]
Was there really any question about that? Has there ever been a "still racing" leg that had an elimination in the middle?
__________________
Miranda
laria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
loubob57
Cancer sucks!
 
loubob57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 24,175
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I suspect that if they hadn't given it away before the end of the fifth leg, it would become worthless and Phil would confiscate it from them.
That's possible too, but I'd think the producers would want it in play to pump up the drama.
__________________
Well boys, I reckon this is it: nuclear combat, toe to toe with the Russkies.
loubob57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #19
cstelter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
I'm pretty sure that Phil explained that to everyone before the race started, so every team should know that they must have given away the second Express Pass.
I knew that!-- but hadn't been paying enough attention to realize we were aready at the 5th leg. I stand corrected...
__________________
Craig S
cstelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I suspect that if they hadn't given it away before the end of the fifth leg, it would become worthless and Phil would confiscate it from them.
I'm inclined to think that they would be forced to give it to another team. Otherwise it's the obvious thing to do to make sure no-one has the advantage that giving one away is supposed to have.

Then they should have some kind of penalty for not complying with the rules.
__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #21
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 17,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Was there really any question about that? Has there ever been a "still racing" leg that had an elimination in the middle?
Yeah, there was a season a few years ago that had a "Keep Racing" right in the middle of the first episode. There was a pair of Muslim men eliminated at that one.
__________________

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #22
laria
Librocubicularist
 
laria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Seacoast, NH
Posts: 12,285
Ah I didn't remember that... but in any case I am pretty sure the preview showed the baseball bunnies, so they couldn't have been eliminated anyway.
__________________
Miranda
laria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
Squeak
An Inert Gas
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 9,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Ah I didn't remember that... but in any case I am pretty sure the preview showed the baseball bunnies, so they couldn't have been eliminated anyway.
Yeah, well we know how previews are considered spoilers and not "canon" until the show is shown.
__________________
Do you really care what kind of TV or TiVo I have? Didn't think so...
Squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #24
cstelter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Mankato, MN
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Yeah, there was a season a few years ago that had a "Keep Racing" right in the middle of the first episode. There was a pair of Muslim men eliminated at that one.
Wasn't that was the *first* leg of that season too?
__________________
Craig S
cstelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #25
Azlen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Peoria, AZ
Posts: 1,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Yeah, there was a season a few years ago that had a "Keep Racing" right in the middle of the first episode. There was a pair of Muslim men eliminated at that one.
But I believe most of the time with the non-pit stop Phil appearances that they don't eliminate anyone.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:05 PM   #26
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet
 
TonyTheTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
But I believe most of the time with the non-pit stop Phil appearances that they don't eliminate anyone.
That may be true, but I'm pretty certain I heard someone reading the clue and it said "Make your way to the pitstop..."
__________________
"YOU! YES YOU! STAND STILL, LADDIE"
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
TonyTheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #27
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,487
Someone please correct me if necessary, but I could swear the clue said approx:

If you did the statue, keep the beard on *but remove the wig*.

Yet several teams had the wig on but not the beard, and I think some had neither.... They should have gotten penalties.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:17 AM   #28
TriBruin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 2,816
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I loved when the doctor pushed all the elevator buttons on his way down the stairs, making the baseball wife have to stop on every floor (even though I'm rooting for the baseball wives).
Although I thought it was funny, I was kind of wondering if he would get a penalty. There are rules against sabotaging other teams. Although VERY minor, it was sabotage.
TriBruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #29
nyc13
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriBruin View Post
Although I thought it was funny, I was kind of wondering if he would get a penalty. There are rules against sabotaging other teams. Although VERY minor, it was sabotage.
I think they're probably thinking more about hiding their stuff or slashing the tires on their cab. I doubt pushing elevator buttons rises to that level of sabotage. It's more like what everyone is always doing when dealing with people outside the race: "don't tell them where it is" or "don't sell them tickets on this flight". Speaking of which, it was very funny when one team's cab driver was talking to another team's cab driver. I can't remember something like that ever happening before.
nyc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #30
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious
 
Maui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 12,943
Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Was there really any question about that? Has there ever been a "still racing" leg that had an elimination in the middle?
I'm with you. There was never a doubt in my mind that it was a non-elimination leg.
__________________
Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |