TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
celtic pride

Will redbox or NBA ever be added to the tivos?

I would like to see redbox and NBA apps added to the tivo . Has anyone heard anything new in regards to adding both of these services? I think verizon is trying to add redbox to more devices and i would really like to see these added soon to the tivos!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

Until such time that Tivo can properly implement the streaming services they already offer, be careful what you wish for.
If you want a dvr, tivo is the best bet.
If you want streaming services, get a Roku or Apple TV.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #3
celtic pride

I have the first roku Hd that came out back in 2009 and roku wont even update it to the new guide much less add any of the new apps the roku 3 has ,so i'm mad at them and refuse to give them anymore of my money. I do have 2 tivo premiere THX 2XL and i hope tivo continues to support them with new software updates like they're doing now,and hopefully whatever roamio gets the premiere gets.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
bradleys
It'll be fine....

NBA Game Time is already in the Opera App Store.

Once the App Store is up and running on the Roamio, I think we will see a lot of these kinds of OTT apps.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #5
celtic pride

shoot i didnt know that! i just renewed the nba league pass on verizon for $189.00. Oh well maybe next year i can buy a roamio then add the nba game time app for $129.00 or whatever the cost is,either way its got to be cheaper. thanks for the information! I'm afraid i dont know know too much about this opera app store ,so that what the roamio uses? in the meantime i'll be researching the opera app store .
Old 11-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
bradleys
It'll be fine....

We are still waiting on the TiVo App Store, we will see what it brings.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
celtic pride

O.K. I' be checking the site out and see whats going on with that. Darn and if i didnt have doctor and hospital bills comingin up i'd buy me a roamio but my wife wants me to wait until we pay those bills off first,which i'm cool with. at the very least i want the roamio plus.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
nuraman00

Thanks for the thread.

What about a Tivo NBA League Pass Broadband app for a Tivo Premiere? I have a Tivo Premiere 4.

As celtic pride mentioned earlier, I do like how Tivo supports Tivo Premieres with software updates. This update I got a few days ago wasn't much, but it's something, and gives me hope that a NBA LP streaming app could come to Tivo Premiere.

I've had NBA LP Broadband for 7 years now, and usually I just connect my PC's video card to my TV and watch that way. But the streaming quality doesn't appear as good this year, maybe it's my internet connection. I'm think that if there was an app directly on Tivo, it would be better quality.
nuraman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
celtic pride

I have read mostly bad reviews of the nba app at roku ,apple tv and other places on the net, makes me less interested in watching the games that way.at least with the nba league pass on vetizon fios with my tivo premiere the games always look great (I only wish verizon would get all the games in HD like directv does!).
Old 11-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
nuraman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
I have read mostly bad reviews of the nba app at roku ,apple tv and other places on the net, makes me less interested in watching the games that way.at least with the nba league pass on vetizon fios with my tivo premiere the games always look great (I only wish verizon would get all the games in HD like directv does!).
Thanks.

Do you have full NBA League Pass, or LP Broadband?

Wow, I didn't know direcTV got all the games in HD. For Comcast, they only have 1 HD LP Channel, plus NBA TV. So that's another reason why I've gotten LP Broadband over full LP, because with only 1 HD LP Channel, it's not worth the extra cost.

Comcast also kept spamming me about a new modem, maybe I should get that and the games will look great again.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #11
celtic pride

Verizon has 5 HD nba league pass channels .I was a directv customer with directv for 14 years and the last 4 or 5 years with them they carried all the nba league pass games in HD PLUS dual feeds! so you could watch the games with either the home or away broadcast. I miss this with fios and if i didnt love my tivos so much i would go back to directv in a hearbeat,I am holding off on upgrading my tivos to romios because when my contracts up with verizon in march i may stiil go back to directv since i hear the genie 5 tuner dvr is pretty damm good. But if verizon adds more nba league pass HD channels to the package then i'll buy me a new tivo roamio pro and reup my contract. Plus by then verizon may have their new 6 tuner dvr mrdia box out and i might want to check that out.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
nuraman00

Haha. Can you update this thread when you decided to do whatever you do?

Did you pay a lifetime Tivo subscription fee for the Premiere, or are you paying monthly? I paid a lifetime.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
Coffee

It seems like they're not in any hurry to add useful apps, but will leap over hurdles to add things like AOL ON, which I have yet to have seen any content from that service that's not advertisements.

Many blu-ray players have tons of random apps.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote