TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Sevrin grey

Selling my premier xl where to sell and for how much

I just ordered a Tivo Roamio plus and I was wanting to sell my premier xl I've had for 2 years it has 2 tuners and most importantly it has the lifetime service with it I have a remote for it and a Tivo stream I'd like to sell with it that I got a year ago and a wireless g USB network adapter that I've had for a while and I was wondering where is the best place to try to sell it and how much you think I should ask for it?
Sevrin grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
unitron

You can check out the "Heads up, I'm putting one on eBay" thread

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...splay.php?f=68

and its subthread, which is for deals directly between us TCF'ers, and see who's been asking how much for what, as well as searching completed auctions at eBay to see how much stuff has been going for there.

And check Craigslist in your area to see what prices are running like locally (although you don't get an indication of whether anyone's stepping up to buy at those prices, so search back a month or so to see if the same stuff gets relisted)
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

If it has lifetime you can sell it for $350-$400. Without lifetime it's basically worthless.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #4
Sevrin grey

How do I transfer the lifetime service to another person or does it just transfer with the box itself?
Sevrin grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
MPSAN

I sold 2 Series 3 Lifetime TIVO's on Craigslist. Locals like being able to come see what condition it is in and you get cash with no shipping hassles. Price was good for me considering I did not have to pack it. Also keep in mind that BOTH eBAY AND Paypal take a cut!
Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
If it has lifetime you can sell it for $350-$400. Without lifetime it's basically worthless.
I just sold (on E-Bay) 3 TPXL units with a wireless adapter at $440 each, fixed price free shipping http://www.ebay.com/itm/231079170591...84.m1587.l2649

PayPal and E-Bay takes about 13% + my shipping cost.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevrin grey View Post
How do I transfer the lifetime service to another person or does it just transfer with the box itself?
Technically it will transfer with the box, but you can make it easier on the buyer and yourself if you call TiVo.

When you have the sale finalized, call TiVo and tell them you are selling the DVR and ask for a reference number that you can give to the buyer.
When the buyer receives the DVR, he can then call TiVo with the reference number which can speed up the process of transferring the lifetime to his own account.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote