TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #5941
BH9244

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Update to latest kmttg to fix the problem.
Upgraded to v1p0a still get the same error msg ?
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #5942
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH9244 View Post
Upgraded to v1p0a still get the same error msg ?
That latest is v1p0i (not even sure where you got to v1p0a as it's hidden):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kmt...d?source=files

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #5943
BH9244

Quote:
That latest is v1p0i (not even sure where you got to v1p0a as it's hidden):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kmt...d?source=files
Yup that cures it, thanks yet again..
BH9244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 AM   #5944
Eyedoctor2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedoctor2 View Post
Just a FYI, I am getting 1920 x 544 resolution using Slingbox Pro HD and your slingbox capture setup.

Thanks for the great work!
I switched the output on my Tivo to 720p and now I am getting 1280 x 720P recording using Slingbox Pro HD.

Only trouble is when opening the mkv in VideoRedo I get the following error message:

Error Opening DirectSound Audio Device Unable to play video followed by an unable to open file error.

If I save in .ts then VideoRedo immediately crashes as you had previously posted.

Is there a fix for this?

Just wanted to add my gratitude to that of all others that have posted. Great program that has taken my Tivo Premiere to the next level.
Eyedoctor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #5945
moyekj

Sounds like it could be a problem with missing DirectShow AC3 codecs for Windows. Are you able to play at least the sound when opening using Windows Media Player?
Also check your VRD TVSuite version. I'm using 4.21.3.667.
If you post a short clip somewhere I can download and try it out.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #5946
Eyedoctor2

Thanks for the quick reply.

It plays both video and sound.

Here is a link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tilrtk03vazjvhp/slingbox_2013_10_23_10_43_04.mkv

Thanks again!
Eyedoctor2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #5947
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedoctor2 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply.

It plays both video and sound.

Here is a link to the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tilrtk03vazjvhp/slingbox_2013_10_23_10_43_04.mkv

Thanks again!
FYI, I was able to open and play this clip with VRD version I posted above. There is a short audio drop for a couple of seconds but VideoLAN VLC also had same issue so it must be part of the stream. If you don't have recent version of VRD as I posted above that would be my 1st suggestion to try. Else the VRD forums would be next place to look for help with VRD.

Old 10-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #5948
schmibble

kmttg won't run even though registry association correct

I'm an old pro w/kmttg, having used it successfully on a previous desktop and currently on two different laptops. However, they're all 32-bit, and I'm just now getting around to setting up kmttg on my win7 64-bit system. I use Waterfox as my only browser on this system and so must have 64-bit java. Have also installed 32-bit java for use w/kmttg. Just today I downloaded and updated both 32- and 64bit javas, so using latest version of both as of this writing, and DL'd latest version of kmttg too, v1p0i. But for the first time ever, I've got the "nothing happening when I click" problem. In the registry I have the correct path to my 32-bit java installation in the jarfile file type identifier under shell\open\command, i.e....
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*
...but I still have the problem described on the installation page in which nothing happens when I double-click either the shortcut or kmttg.jar directly.

Actually, "nothing happens" is not quite true. Something does happen, because the double-click causes an instance of java to show up in task manager (actually I use Process Hacker), and double-clicking on the "javaw.exe" process in Process Hacker and looking at the General tab shows as "Current Directory" the folder in which kmttg is installed. So _something_ is going on: Java starts an instance of itself and apparently knows about kmttg's folder--but apparently doesn't take the next step of starting kmttg. Any thoughts on WTH? Or am I going to have to try Tivo DesKrap?

Edit: In case anyone's wondering, administrator privileges etc. are not a factor because on that x64 system I always run as administrator (automatically log on that way) and also have completely turned off all the other annoying security stuff. I don't get on the web much with that system--do most of my biz on the laptops, which I have set up more securely. But on the x64 system, administrator/elevation/permission issues will definitely not be the issue. Basically only Windows Firewall is on, but when that first instance of java starts up and I get the Windows Firewall dialog, I tell it to allow everything, even access in public places.

Last edited by schmibble : 10-25-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: correction
schmibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #5949
moyekj

Open a "cmd" shell and execute the following in the kmttg installation directory:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\javaw.exe" -jar kmttg.jar

That should show you any Java errors that may be occurring.

Old 10-23-2013, 07:45 PM   #5950
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mglutz View Post
Since the green and yellow seem to be acceptable colors, can you create new icons that add the copy protected 'slash' across the existing yellow and green icons.
For next release I just won't use copy protect icon for copy protected shows (but will keep the darker background), so that way the icon will be the normal expected deletion icons.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #5951
mglutz

Quote:
For next release I just won't use copy protect icon for copy protected shows (but will keep the darker background), so that way the icon will be the normal expected deletion icons.
Nice. Thanks!
mglutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #5952
schmibble

invisible kmttg, cont'd

Quote:
Open a "cmd" shell and execute the following in the kmttg installation directory:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\javaw.exe" -jar kmttg.jar

That should show you any Java errors that may be occurring.
OK, here's what I did: Went to the kmttg install dir and opened a command prompt, which looks like this...
G:\InternetPersonal\kmttg_v1p0i>
...and then I typed exactly what you told me to, quotes & all, then pressed Enter. And again, javaw.exe starts an invisible process for itself. So nothing happens onscreen--nope, no error messages; nothing at all--but if I open up Process Hacker, cmd.exe shows a child instance of javaw.exe underneath it. (By the way, Process Hacker shows both CPU and I/O activity occurring for javaw.exe.)

Last edited by schmibble : 10-25-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added info
Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 AM   #5953
moyekj

What's your java version? i.e. execute:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\javaw.exe" -version

Don't think it will make much difference but also try running java.exe instead of javaw.exe:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\java.exe" -jar kmttg.jar

Old 10-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #5954
cweb

Custom command [metaFile] not working ….

I have a custom command that moves the mpeg/ts and the meta.txt files to a different directory. This has worked since way back when through version 1.0g. Since version h and i, the custom command only moves the mpeg/ts file, but not the meta.txt file. It appears that something is not working correctly with the [metaFile] variable. I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) with the fact that in version 1.0h you fixed the issue with .ts files where the .ts's meta.txt file name now is correctly .ts.txt from the incorrect .mpg.txt.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #5955
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweb View Post
I have a custom command that moves the mpeg/ts and the meta.txt files to a different directory. This has worked since way back when through version 1.0g. Since version h and i, the custom command only moves the mpeg/ts file, but not the meta.txt file. It appears that something is not working correctly with the [metaFile] variable. I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) with the fact that in version 1.0h you fixed the issue with .ts files where the .ts's meta.txt file name now is correctly .ts.txt from the incorrect .mpg.txt.
Yes, I see the problem. Please test out the kmttg.jar in this beta version which I think fixes the issue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing

Old 10-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #5956
schmibble

invisible kmttg, cont'd w/error progress

Quote:
What's your java version? i.e. execute:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\javaw.exe" -version
Nada, zippo, zilch. Nothing whatsoever except the standard DOS response when it doesn't know what to do but neither does it perceive an error so it just pops up a new empty prompt on a new line. In Process Hacker, the command window does NOT generate a child instance of Java after this.

If I click "About Java" in my start-menu java folder, the little "About Java" window it generates says "Version 7 Update 45 (build 1.7.0_45-b18)". This is probably the 64-bit version, but I downloaded the 32-bit version from exactly the same page at exactly the same time. In Control Panel | Programs and Features, I have two Java entries, one for just plain "Java 7 Update 45", the 32-bit version, and the other for "Java 7 Update 45 (64-bit)". At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to uninstall both, then reinstall just the 32-bit version and see if it works normally when the 64-bit version is absent, but it'd sure be nice to avoid that type of more radical step, so maybe you can make something out of the following:

Quote:
Don't think it will make much difference but also try running java.exe instead of javaw.exe:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\java.exe" -jar kmttg.jar
Now at least I get an error message! Here's what the command window says:
Code:
ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException
  at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getFileSystemPath<Unknown Source>
  at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.access$400<Unknown Source>
  at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$2.call<Unknown Source>
  at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$2.call<Unknown Source>
  at java.utl.concurrent.FutureTask.run<Unknown Source>
  at java.utl.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker<Unknown Source>
  at java.utl.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run<Unknown Source>
  at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$3.run<Unknown Source>
  at java.lang.Thread.run<Unknown Source>
Note that, as before, a child instance of running java complete w/CPU and I/O activity is generated under the command-prompt window entry in Process Hacker. And when the Windows Firewall dialog popped up in response, I checked both boxes, telling it to allow everything.

Last edited by schmibble : 10-25-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #5957
moyekj

Looks to me there are issues with latest Java release. The exception dump doesn't even point to any code in kmttg so it's not even starting kmttg before it crashes.
Install an older version of Java such as Version 7 Update 40 or earlier and you shouldn't have any problems.

For version checking I gave you wrong command, you have to use java.exe, not javaw.exe, so:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\java.exe" -version

(FYI I was able to run kmttg using Version 7 Update 45 on a Windows XP machine, but would still suggest you try an older version anyway).

Last edited by moyekj : 10-25-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #5958
schmibble

Quote:
Looks to me there are issues with latest Java release.
. . . . . . . .
Install an older version of Java such as Version 7 Update 40 or earlier and you shouldn't have any problems.
Under java 7 update 40, same exact problem with exact same symptoms except now when I start a command prompt from the kmttg folder and run "..\bin\java.exe" -jar kmttg.jar , I get the message that it's "not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." This is without any version of x64 Java on the system, so no interference from that quarter. Unfortunately, however, the problem may now be my fault. I manually removed a bunch of registry entries after uninstalling 7u45, before installing 7u40. I made sure only to delete items that pointed to the old installation folder (I decided to switch locations and didn't want anything left over), but I subsequently uninstalled 7u40 and tried 6u30 with the same result, so it looks like I bolloxed things up. Problem is, if you leave those useless entries hanging around, sooner or later they bollox things up anyhow.

At the moment I'm going to have to give it up as a bad job. For a while now I've been hankering to reconfigure up the system by restoring my last OS image and redoing various installs, and maybe in another few weeks I'll get some time and be able to do that. The image has an older version of java (whatever was current about 6 months ago), so that'll be a good (and clean) test of your problematic-7u45 theory.

When I do that, though, it occurs to me that there's going to be a problem with 64-bit apps. If the main jarfile file identifier must point to the 32-bit java installation in order for the kmttg desktop shortcut to work, then x64 java apps won't run from shortcuts--right?

Last edited by schmibble : 10-25-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #5959
moyekj

Must be your local system related issues. I've now installed and able to run kmttg using JRE version of Java 7 Update 45 on 3 different Windows systems: XP, Vista, 7

Old 10-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #5960
cweb

Quote:
Yes, I see the problem. Please test out the kmttg.jar in this beta version which I think fixes the issue:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0S...it?usp=sharing
That portion now appears to be working. Thanks.
cweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #5961
Revolutionary
Too sleepy for TV...

Quote:
Looks to me there are issues with latest Java release. The exception dump doesn't even point to any code in kmttg so it's not even starting kmttg before it crashes.

For version checking I gave you wrong command, you have to use java.exe, not javaw.exe, so:
"G:\Maintenance\Misc\Java32bit\bin\java.exe" -version

(FYI I was able to run kmttg using Version 7 Update 45 on a Windows XP machine, but would still suggest you try an older version anyway).
Downgrading from Update 45 to Update 40 fixed the "service won't start" problem for me (Windows 7 64-bit).

New one: any idea why my encoded recordings suddenly are dumping in the default folder and not in the folder I've designated as the target in KMTTG? I'm using FFMPEG and haven't changed any settings in KMTTG. It's been working properly for months and months, then all of the sudden, the mp4 files are not getting written to the target directory. Nothing in the log file - no "directory not found" errors or anything like that. It doesn't even try.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #5962
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary View Post
New one: any idea why my encoded recordings suddenly are dumping in the default folder and not in the folder I've designated as the target in KMTTG? I'm using FFMPEG and haven't changed any settings in KMTTG. It's been working properly for months and months, then all of the sudden, the mp4 files are not getting written to the target directory. Nothing in the log file - no "directory not found" errors or anything like that. It doesn't even try.
That only happens when the target dir is determined not to be available. So triple check the path and the read/write permissions along with AV and/or firewall settings which may have been affected if you changed Java versions. Also make sure things work properly via GUI first since service mode can be more problematic.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:25 PM   #5963
Revolutionary
Too sleepy for TV...

Quote:
That only happens when the target dir is determined not to be available. So triple check the path and the read/write permissions along with AV and/or firewall settings which may have been affected if you changed Java versions. Also make sure things work properly via GUI first since service mode can be more problematic.
Permissions. That was it. I had shared the target folder on the network recently and it reverted the admin privileges over it. Thanks!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:47 AM   #5964
bwperez

I can't imagine my Tivo's without KMTTG. Thank you for such an amazing program. I do have two questions

I'm running KMTTG on an ESXI server running Windows Server Essentials 2012 and my media storage isn't the fastest. I've added a SSD to do all the downloading, encoding and converting with great success with the final output to media storage. The problem is it performs the encode process to a tmp file and once it copies that tmp file to the .mp4 it runs atomic parsley. Is there any way around this? I don't see the config

The second question is related to processing .tivo files that have been downloaded in the past. I'm currently running those through my new process and converting them to H264 MP4. Unfortunately it isn't enforcing the new filename string I've configured even though it does download and create the metadata files. Also, the file path ends up at the root of encoding output directory rather than under the tv program directory.

Brian
bwperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #5965
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwperez View Post
The problem is it performs the encode process to a tmp file and once it copies that tmp file to the .mp4 it runs atomic parsley. Is there any way around this? I don't see the config
What encoding profile? Sounds like encoder doing that. I know, for example, some VRD and Handbrake profiles do that. I have no control over that.

Quote:
The second question is related to processing .tivo files that have been downloaded in the past. I'm currently running those through my new process and converting them to H264 MP4. Unfortunately it isn't enforcing the new filename string I've configured even though it does download and create the metadata files. Also, the file path ends up at the root of encoding output directory rather than under the tv program directory.
File naming template only applies starting with a download. If you start with an existing file then that current file name will be used as basis for all subsequent files. So rename the .TiVo files appropriately before starting processing with kmttg. That still won't help create sub-folders you may have defined as part of naming template though.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #5966
bwperez

Quote:
What encoding profile? Sounds like encoder doing that. I know, for example, some VRD and Handbrake profiles do that. I have no control over that.
I'm using VRD h.264 mp4 profile. I'll post the question to VRD.

Quote:
File naming template only applies starting with a download. If you start with an existing file then that current file name will be used as basis for all subsequent files. So rename the .TiVo files appropriately before starting processing with kmttg. That still won't help create sub-folders you may have defined as part of naming template though.
I was afraid of that. I'll go research tools for renaming things. I've been doing it manually and that isn't an efficient way of doing it.

Thanks for the quick reply and the great program.

Brian
bwperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #5967
mlippert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwperez View Post
I was afraid of that. I'll go research tools for renaming things. I've been doing it manually and that isn't an efficient way of doing it.
Brian
Brian,
I found pfrank to be a pretty good tool for renaming things on Windows if you're comfortable w/ regular expressions.
http://www3.telus.net/pfrank/

Mike
mlippert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #5968
alan2k

503 Errors on Premiere

This evening both of my Premiere's have decided to start giving me 503 errors. I upgraded KMTTG to the current release, v1p0i, verified I'm on Java 1.7u45. I have a Roamio that is working fine. Problem is related to the Premerie's only. The only thing I can see is that they both got the Fall 2013 update tonight when I rebooted them.

The exact message from KMTTG is :

ERROR: http IO exception for: hxtxtp://192.168.1.240:80/download/Kitchen%20Crashers.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1950030[
Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: hxtxtp://192.168.1.240:80/download/Kitchen%20Crashers.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1950030]

<Note: I manually changed http to hxtxtp to get the message to post!>

I even tried it off another box using both v1poh and v1poi and both are giving the same issue.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan
alan2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #5969
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan2k View Post
This evening both of my Premiere's have decided to start giving me 503 errors. I upgraded KMTTG to the current release, v1p0i, verified I'm on Java 1.7u45. I have a Roamio that is working fine. Problem is related to the Premerie's only. The only thing I can see is that they both got the Fall 2013 update tonight when I rebooted them.

The exact message from KMTTG is :

ERROR: http IO exception for: hxtxtp://192.168.1.240:80/download/Kitchen%20Crashers.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1950030[
Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: hxtxtp://192.168.1.240:80/download/Kitchen%20Crashers.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=1950030]

<Note: I manually changed http to hxtxtp to get the message to post!>

I even tried it off another box using both v1poh and v1poi and both are giving the same issue.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan
You might try getting them to connect to Tivo Service again.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:58 AM   #5970
alan2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You might try getting them to connect to Tivo Service again.
Well, I just rechecked them and now they are working again. I hate when that happens. (You don't know what may have fixed them, but that is a good suggestion for next time!)

Thanks!
alan2k is offline   Reply With Quote