TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 68 votes, 4.94 average.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #61
bmgoodman

I called today and was offered $971.18 to include the 3-year warranty and $31.20 of Virginia sales tax. I'm considering taking this deal versus keeping my Series 3 until it dies. It's a bit more complicated than that, but I'll leave it out to keep the thread more on-target.
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #62
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

So basically, the same $100 off a Pro + MSD lifetime deal that everyone else is getting, plus the cost of the warranty.

Have to agree with Bierboy here, my Elite may not be all that quick but it gets the job done pretty reliably for the most part. It's hard to justify dumping another $800 into a Plus w/lifetime not even a year and a half after I put $700 into the Elite, especially given the lower resale value of the Premieres now. I'll wait for someone like woot to start clearancing some Plus's (or a refurb from Tivo maybe).
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #63
dslunceford

I think if you skipped the Series 4 boxes, it's much easier to rationalize/make the jump...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #64
Somboy

Depending on your sales tax situation, the best deal on a base Roamio might be Abt.com for $199.99 -$20 with free shipping using the FALLSAVINGS code - that's what I did. You need to get over $200.00 so I added some batteries I needed. I've had good luck with Abt on a couple of orders- good CSRs and a good return policy.
Somboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #65
worachj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somboy View Post
Depending on your sales tax situation, the best deal on a base Roamio might be Abt.com for $199.99 -$20 with free shipping using the FALLSAVINGS code - that's what I did. You need to get over $200.00 so I added some batteries I needed. I've had good luck with Abt on a couple of orders- good CSRs and a good return policy.
Thanks for the FALLSAVINGS code! The only problem is that it failed for me because it requires a $200 minimum purchase and the TiVo is $199.99. I would need to buy an additional item to make it work.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #66
tds4182

Smile Roamio Deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by worachj View Post
Thanks for the FALLSAVINGS code! The only problem is that it failed for me because it requires a $200 minimum purchase and the TiVo is $199.99. I would need to buy an additional item to make it work.
Order an ~$8 POE filter and you're just above the $200 limit and you'll probably need the POE filter at some time in the future for a MOCA system.
tds4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #67
tds4182

Smile Roamio Deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
The rep I talked to today said its $50 on a pro only.
I ordered a Plus yesterday afternoon and got the $50 discount without even asking for it.
tds4182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #68
TK-421
Stormtrooper

The minute they offer some sort of lifetime transfer deal, I'm in. I'm ready to move on.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #69
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

You're going to waiting a very long time, they don't do transfer deals. The best you're going to get is a lower price on the box itself, then pay MSD lifetime. That's all I've seen ever since the S3s came out, with the exception of the one-time glitch where you could get $199 lifetime on Premieres when they changed the sub model (and it was only good for a few days).
Old 10-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #70
sbourgeo
Hepcat Daddio

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
You're going to waiting a very long time, they don't do transfer deals. The best you're going to get is a lower price on the box itself, then pay MSD lifetime. That's all I've seen ever since the S3s came out, with the exception of the one-time glitch where you could get $199 lifetime on Premieres when they changed the sub model (and it was only good for a few days).
The last one I know of was the TiVo HD lifetime transfer deal in 2007 (I paid ~$400 for the hardware & xfer back then).
"You know, ground beef is a real winner nowadays" -- Faster Guy
sbourgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #71
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
They gave us launch Premieres with $200 lifetime service. For every S3 you owned you could get a launch Premiere with Lifetime service for $200. MSD lifetime cost $300 at that time.

Or you could also transfer monthly service to the new Premiere leaving the S3 with one year of service. I did this on one Premiere since I had a $6.95 monthly rate. Which is the only two tuner Premiere I still have now.

I had hoped they were going to offer something when the Roamio launched, but they never did.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #72
SlappyMcgee

I was offered a Deal over the holidays last year by Tivo. I believe it was $99 lifetime on my Tivo HD, transfer my current subscription to a new Premiere. Might have been $199 lifetime, I will have to check the email when I get home.
SlappyMcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #73
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up, but TiVo has offered some pretty good deals in the past.
IIRC, TiVo had a deal to transfer lifetime from an S2 to the original S3 for like $200 or something like that.
I would have jumped on the offer if the original S3 hadn't had the $800 price tag.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #74
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
They gave us launch Premieres with $200 lifetime service. For every S3 you owned you could get a launch Premiere with Lifetime service for $200. MSD lifetime cost $300 at that time.
But they really just took $100 off the box, right? That's not what he was asking for I think, plus you can already get $100 off the Pro now.

Hoping that they're going to give you more than $100 off of lifetime + box for upgrades might mean you'll be waiting for a while.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #75
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:

But they really just took $100 off the box, right? That's not what he was asking for I think, plus you can already get $100 off the Pro now.

Hoping that they're going to give you more than $100 off of lifetime + box for upgrades might mean you'll be waiting for a while.
No, they gave me lifetime service for $200. According to the bills for my launch Premieres they charged me $200 for lifetime service. It wasn't a lower price for the Premiere.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #76
jlin

Get additional 10% back when using Discover (5% online shopping and 5% from ShopDiscover portal) at abt.com -- if you can find something to buy to bump up to $200
jlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:37 AM   #77
leiff

Thx for abt $20 off coupon. Picked up $200 base roamio and $88 mini for $262 after %2 casback for fatwallet.

Subtotal $288.49
Discount Savings - FALLSAVINGS - $ 20.00 Savings
Standard Shipping 0.00
Taxes $0.00
Total $268.49
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #78
prisk

I called ABT today (chatted, actually). Asked them to match the $100 off TiVo was offering on the Roamio Pro and they did! Also gave me 3 Mini's for $82 each. Total: $744. They arrive Wednesday. They also told me that if there is a price drop on Cyber Monday they will honor the match, even if it is just 30 days outside the price guarantee window. Best part, 12 months interest-free, so I can pay it over time.
prisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #79
lickwid

Wrong place to post, but if anyone is interested, I have a Roamio Plus + Lifetime for $700 + shipping. PM me. I can provide Tivo Service Number to verify lifetime. This is an extra one I bought for my father but he didn't want it.
lickwid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #80
aryndub

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickwid View Post
Wrong place to post, but if anyone is interested, I have a Roamio Plus + Lifetime for $700 + shipping. PM me. I can provide Tivo Service Number to verify lifetime. This is an extra one I bought for my father but he didn't want it.
Please PM me. Sorry to threadcrap, not enough posts to PM. I got rid of my TivoHD years ago.
aryndub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #81
JonHB

Got a Roamio Pro for $446 and two Mini's for $73.50 each.... Thanks to a friends employee discount (at a retailer, not Tivo). Added lifetime to the Pro for $399.

I'm retiring an HD and Premiere XL (lifetime) with this upgrade and I have to tell you, the Roamio is the best performing Tivo yet. This thing smokes what the old HD and Premiere are doing. Only 2 days into it, but quite happy so far.
JonHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #82
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHB View Post
Got a Roamio Pro for $446 and two Mini's for $73.50 each.... Thanks to a friends employee discount (at a retailer, not Tivo). Added lifetime to the Pro for $399.

I'm retiring an HD and Premiere XL (lifetime) with this upgrade and I have to tell you, the Roamio is the best performing Tivo yet. This thing smokes what the old HD and Premiere are doing. Only 2 days into it, but quite happy so far.
And can you get us that deal, this post is for deals we all can get, my son giving me a Roamio for free as a gift does not help anybody get a good deal on a Roamio.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #83
bmgoodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHB View Post

Please post your friend's phone number as I'd really like to take advantage of this deal, too!
bmgoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #84
jlin

New ABT $25 off coupon "THXOCT13"

Use Discover to get additional 10% off.
jlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #85
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisk View Post
I called ABT today (chatted, actually). Asked them to match the $100 off TiVo was offering on the Roamio Pro and they did! Also gave me 3 Mini's for $82 each. Total: $744. They arrive Wednesday. They also told me that if there is a price drop on Cyber Monday they will honor the match, even if it is just 30 days outside the price guarantee window. Best part, 12 months interest-free, so I can pay it over time.
That's a great deal especially since Cyber Monday isn't until December this year.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 PM   #86
leiff

I have a $270 tivo order from abt due to arrive later this week. They told me they would price match for 30 days. Should i assume ill be price match covered for cyber Monday?
leiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:01 AM   #87
retiredjd

$50.00

Got the pro for $349. from TIVO
retiredjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #88
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Yeah I got one for free too, just now, because I complained that my Elite was a slow pig.
Stop trolling and explain how you got it.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:55 AM   #89
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredjd View Post
$50.00
Got the pro for $349. from TIVO
$50 Off would be a Plus not a Pro,

$349 for a Pro is wishful thinking, IMO

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #90
Philmatic

Here are my prices for a TiVo Roamio Plus (California resident)

Weaknees.com
$410.61 = $399 - $25 (ROAMIOPLUS) + $35.62 CA Tax + Free Shipping

TiVo.com
$397.99 = $399 - $50 (Existing customer deal) + $48 CA Tax + Free Shipping

ABT.com online
$374.99 = $399 - $25 (THXOCT13) + $0 CA Tax + Free Shipping

So I called ABT and asked them to price match TiVo's $50 off, not only did they match it, they beat it by $10 for no reason!
$339.99 = $399 - $60 + $0 CA Tax + Free Shipping

Quote:
[Me] Price match on TiVo Roamio Plus Black Digital Video Recorder Model: TCD848000 | SKU: TCD848000
[ABT CSR] Hello, and welcome to Abt Live Chat.
[ABT CSR] Hi customer.
[ABT CSR] We'll gladly try to match the price from another authorized (as listed by the manufacturer) dealer for their total delivered price on in stock, brand new merchandise, model for model, service for service. The price match would be done before any applicable taxes. More information about this can be found here: http://www.abt.com/custserv/pricematch.php3
[Me] TiVo currently has a deal where they will take $50 off the price of the TiVo Roamio Plus, is this something you can do?
[Me] I would much rather purchase from ABT since you do not charge sales tax in CA and I have a much better history with you
[ABT CSR] I would be happy to extend $339.00 plus tax for the unit
[Me] But ABT doesn't charge tax in CA, so would you still honor the $339 price? I'm ready to purchase now
[ABT CSR] correct
[ABT CSR] If you would like to proceed with ordering please call me at ***.***.****
[ABT CSR] First Name Last Name
[ABT CSR] Thanks for contacting Abt. It was a pleasure chatting with you. Have a nice day.
Suffice it to say, I ordered from ABT. So it seems $339.99 for a TiVo Roamio Plus is the price to beat. Also, the outstanding service ABT has shown me during this purchase experience will definitely lead to me returning to purchase some other things I need.
Philmatic is offline   Reply With Quote