TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
dmarzo2

iOS Tivo App Update - Lesser Known Features

Apologize right off the bat if I am posting in wrong forum....I figure this is best place since app update is driven towards Roamio Stream functions.

I know the big thing is the out of home streaming...but anyone noticing smaller things. For instance:

- 1. I may be imagining things but is background downloading now possible?

- 2. I see there is a third level of streaming and recording quality - must be to facilitate out of home streaming

- 3. Is the downloading of shows now more fault tolerant (it has been the case that as soon as a download is interrupted by network traffic, the whole thing times out and you have to restart)

- Anything else?

On 1 and 3: these are probably more wishful thinking on my part: but just curious as to what others may be seeing
dmarzo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
dmarzo2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarzo2 View Post
Apologize right off the bat if I am posting in wrong forum....I figure this is best place since app update is driven towards Roamio Stream functions.

I know the big thing is the out of home streaming...but anyone noticing smaller things. For instance:

- 1. I may be imagining things but is background downloading now possible?

- 2. I see there is a third level of streaming and recording quality - must be to facilitate out of home streaming

- 3. Is the downloading of shows now more fault tolerant (it has been the case that as soon as a download is interrupted by network traffic, the whole thing times out and you have to restart)

- Anything else?

On 1 and 3: these are probably more wishful thinking on my part: but just curious as to what others may be seeing
I'll profess to being an idiot on issue #1 - it's easy enough to test. I did some short burst tests (I.e., going to another app and then quickly returning to the TiVO app) and I thought the download continued to progress. But I did a longer test and I do think it stopped downloading until I returned to the TiVO app. Bummer.
dmarzo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
geekmedic
TiVo Fanatic

Whenever I download a show, it stops downloading as soon as my ipad automatically turns off after inactivity. I thought it was supposed to continue downloading.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

There is an Apple imposed limit of 10 minutes of background downloads before the app times out. Something changed in iOS7 where an app can be reawaken at a set interval but it's still not full fledged multi-tasking.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote