TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #31
cherry ghost

I thought Kat was completely joking when she said those things about Hayden at the end.
cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #32
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
What I'd like to see is for them to say "Here is a clue that has all of the hints to find the idol. If you take this, you WILL find the idol". Now THAT is a big decision. Or just hand them the idol right in front of everybody!
Or give the clue to the winning TEAM. Then watch them all try and "kill" each other trying to find it.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I'd suggest reading the Q&A with Probst linked to above. He addresses this very thing.
Are those interviews with Jeff done after the taping is concluded for the season or right after each TC? If it's after the season, Jeff's stance might have softened on this point, but he sure looks a bit miffed when they throw it in the fire, despite what he says there.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #34
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I agree, Jeff is clearly annoyed when they throw the clue in the fire.

I'd think at this point the producers would be thinking of other ways to introduce the clue to them - as in the fore-mentioned 'slipping it in the reward basket'.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #35
tiams

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
While the ladies are busy nesting & syncing their cycles Vytas should slip out and hunt down that HII, because he is definitely gonna need it pretty soon.
Since they will only be out there another 25 days at most, and a cycle is 28 days, syncing them would be impossible. Plus, that is a myth.

If I were on survivor I would purposely skip my period for the duration of my trip by skipping my sugar pills.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #36
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I've often wondered about this, so Dalton Ross' explanation of what happens before a challenge was especially interesting to me

Quote:
After Jeff Probst gives the tribes the quick instructions at the top of a challenge and says, “I’ll give you a couple of moments to strategize,” here’s what actually goes down. All the cameras — and there are a hell of a lot of them — go and reset to get in proper positioning for filming the challenge. While that happens, Probst and challenge producer John Kirhoffer walk each tribe individually through all aspects of the challenge. If there are knots or hooks that need to be undone underwater, they may even show you pictures of them so you know what to look out for. And, they answer questions. If you are unsure of a particular element of a challenge, you can ask and they will clarify.

Not only that, but there is also a person from the CBS standards and practices department listening in to every word on a headset. If Probst tells something to one tribe and somehow forgets to mention it to the other, this S&P person jumps in and alerts the host so that both tribes have equal information. This most often might happen if someone on one tribe asks a question, so Probst explains it to them, and then has to go back to the other tribe to make sure they get the same extra information.

Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #37
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
Since they will only be out there another 25 days at most, and a cycle is 28 days, syncing them would be impossible. Plus, that is a myth.

If I were on survivor I would purposely skip my period for the duration of my trip by skipping my sugar pills.
My little quip about nesting and syncing cycles was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

I didn't know about placebo pills affecting periods.

But Vytas would be wise to hunt for the HII on his own and keep it to himself, as the ladies have indicated that they plan to stick together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #38
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by getreal View Post
I didn't know about placebo pills affecting periods.
The placebos make it so you have a period that week. If you just keep taking the non-placebos, you won't have one.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #39
InterMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So can someone explain to me why they keep burning the clues to the II?
Because John (?) took the clue, didn't share it, and failed to find the idol. That made Brad mistrust him and vote him out.

Apparently nobody else can see that this wasn't the only possible outcome. If somebody handed me the clue, I'd accept it, then tell my tribe that we are going to find it together, and use it after the merge.

There's a chance that somebody else will find it and use it before the merge. But in general, it's better to have an idol in your tribe than not.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #40
stellie93

They must be hiding the idols better than they used to. Everybody on the one tribe heard the clue eventually, and no one has found it. Russell used to practically trip over them by accident.

It seems like having a group owned idol could cause trouble. Somebody would have to possess it, so they could really do whatever they want with it. And the guy who's being blindsided wouldn't have a chance of using it. Keeping it until after the merge for the alliance might work.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #41
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
If everyone is as afraid of it as it seems they are, is it possible that nobody is even looking for it?

Some of them seem to be hypersensitive to anyone going off on their own or with a few people that I doubt they could go on a covert mission to find it without someone tagging along or ratting them out. They may just not be looking?
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #42
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
Because John (?) took the clue, didn't share it, and failed to find the idol. That made Brad mistrust him and vote him out.

Apparently nobody else can see that this wasn't the only possible outcome. If somebody handed me the clue, I'd accept it, then tell my tribe that we are going to find it together, and use it after the merge.

There's a chance that somebody else will find it and use it before the merge. But in general, it's better to have an idol in your tribe than not.
Except that, like this week, "tribes" can get scrambled. Even before the merge. If you took it this week you would have members of your original tribe plus members of the other tribe now on your "team".
DirecTV since 1999
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
gweempose

Tyson's comment about believing in magic was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on the show!
(3) Minis

gweempose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #44
VegasVic
Craps Player

I think the number one rule for voting now has to be to get rid of anyone who has a loved one on the other tribe. The merge is coming and you want to eliminate as many pairs as possible. That's why voting off Monica shouldn't have been (and wasn't) a priroity. Sure there are other factors/alliances but having as few loved one pairs as possible would be my goal (unless I had a loved one still there of course )
Old 10-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #45
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I think the number one rule for voting now has to be to get rid of anyone who has a loved one on the other tribe. The merge is coming and you want to eliminate as many pairs as possible. That's why voting off Monica shouldn't have been (and wasn't) a priroity. Sure there are other factors/alliances but having as few loved one pairs as possible would be my goal (unless I had a loved one still there of course )
Vote them off, but have a believable other reason for voting them off so you don't tip off anybody else who has a loved one on the other side.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #46
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
I felt really sorry for Kat. What makes someone have such low self-esteem? as someone with a daughter, I would feel like a complete failure if I heard her say what Kat said about her boyfriend.
Sadly, this.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:18 PM   #47
VegasVic
Craps Player

I don't think Kat was joking at all. I think she really believes what she said.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #48
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honora View Post
Vote them off, but have a believable other reason for voting them off so you don't tip off anybody else who has a loved one on the other side.
well played. Totally agree. I couldn't believe the last tribe was so open about that strategy WHILE people with a partner were playing!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #49
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Kat is one of the dumbest people ever to appear on Survivor, which is saying something, and I have no idea why they brought her back to play again.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #50
laria
Librocubicularist

People thought she was hot.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #51
tivoboyjr
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Really? I guess I'm just not a Kat fan.
tivoboyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #52
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tivoboyjr View Post
Really? I guess I'm just not a Kat fan.
Is it the farting?
Old 10-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #53
Snappa77
RUDEBWOY

Quote:
Kat is one of the dumbest people ever to appear on Survivor, which is saying something, and I have no idea why they brought her back to play again.
X:__SNAPPA__

Quoted, bolded and co-signed.
2 R10's- GONE
2 COMCAST HD TiVo DVR's. SofaKing slow.
Snappa77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #54
VegasVic
Craps Player

B. Culpepper was on a local radio station this morning (every Tuesday they have last weeks castoff). He was great. Very funny.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:01 PM   #55
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
B. Culpepper was on a local radio station this morning (every Tuesday they have last weeks castoff). He was great. Very funny.
did they bring up his "4 guys and a gay" comment?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #56
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
She also happens to be dating a Big Brother contestant who won his season and was popular. Natural tie and and it might bring some BB fans to watch Survivor.

And yes people thought she was hot.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #57
brianric

Quote:
That honor belongs to Erik.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote