TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 09-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

TiVo Advisors Survey

Since upgrading the Premiere to the Roamio, I no longer follow the Premiere forum (I am sure I am not alone). And the thread for the survey is there, not here.

New survey came out today. TiVo is very interested in the feedback about the new Roamio (good and bad). They want to know when/how we watch TV especially how we find what to watch.

Last edited by crxssi : 09-29-2013 at 08:28 AM.
crxssi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
innocentfreak

For those interested in joining. \

TiVo Advisor's Panel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
innocentfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
innocentfreak

New survey went out this morning.

Old 10-24-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
davezatz
Funkadelic

And...?
davezatz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #5
innocentfreak

Nothing exciting. Mainly just general feedback questions.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #6
Dan203
Super Moderator

And an extra survey about booze with a separate drawing for a Roamio w/lifetime and an iPad Air.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
And an extra survey about booze with a separate drawing for a Roamio w/lifetime and an iPad Air.
...and I was too drunk to answer the questions...darn...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #8
mchief
Morey

Stupid survey. Lots of the booze/beer I had never heard of. Told them that and they then proceeded to ask dozens of questions about a product that I just said I never heard of.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #9
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

Strange, I've been doing these surveys for a few years now. Didn't get an email about this new one like I usually do.
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:55 AM   #10
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiloxiGeek View Post
Strange, I've been doing these surveys for a few years now. Didn't get an email about this new one like I usually do.
I've noticed people always start talking about a new survey about a day or two before I actually get the email. It seems Tivo sends the email out in different groups, so you probably just have to wait a day or so. I haven't got mine either.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief View Post
Stupid survey. Lots of the booze/beer I had never heard of. Told them that and they then proceeded to ask dozens of questions about a product that I just said I never heard of.
+1. I thought this was odd. After telling them I've never heard of (for example) Apothic liquor, they ask six specific questions asking me to rank my feelings about it. Where's the button that says "I don't know it, how can I rank it".

The choice "Agree less" really isn't appropriate in this case. Survey fail in this aspect.

And then questions about certain brands, "Are they urban?", "are they smooth?". I just told you I've never heard of them! How can I answer this?!?

And on and on ...
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
+1. I thought this was odd. After telling them I've never heard of (for example) Apothic liquor, they ask six specific questions asking me to rank my feelings about it. Where's the button that says "I don't know it, how can I rank it".

The choice "Agree less" really isn't appropriate in this case. Survey fail in this aspect.

And then questions about certain brands, "Are they urban?", "are they smooth?". I just told you I've never heard of them! How can I answer this?!?

And on and on ...
+2. I had only heard of a couple, so I mostly just answered straight 5s (other than on the "this is my only choice" question, which always got a 1) to avoid skewing whatever results they were hoping to garner from the survey. Re: the later questions, do any people actually think about liquors in those ways? Even for the ones I had heard about, I just marked the choice that said I don't think of it that way or whatever it was.

Oh well. I've done stupider surveys that didn't involve the chance at winning prizes. Just seems like they won't get much value from their answers.
FrodoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #13
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

I actually enjoyed the adult beverage quiz, I knew a good 3/4 of them and had opinions on those same 3/4.
There were only a few I hadn't heard of, but they did ask about my goto wine, so I enjoyed answering questions about it.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
Grakthis

The liquor questions were awful. I straight up didn't know like 3 of the 4 brands they were asking about, but they kept asking me questions about them! Also, their beer choices were generally not good beers. Come on, do test marketing for things that don't suck, TiVo!
Grakthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #15
dslunceford

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I actually enjoyed the adult beverage quiz, I knew a good 3/4 of them and had opinions on those same 3/4.
There were only a few I hadn't heard of, but they did ask about my goto wine, so I enjoyed answering questions about it.
I didn't get the questions...probably because I listed my occupation as "marketing/advertising/consultant"

dslunceford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:59 PM   #16
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
I didn't get the questions...probably because I listed my occupation as "marketing/advertising/consultant"
Horrible survey on the alcohol crap. I have never consumed alcohol in my life, and never will. I pay no attention to brands and after going through minutes of the same stupid questions I can't answer, I finally backed out (a dozen "backs") so I could opt out of that entire line of questioning.

I find it amazing that companies still can't comprehend how to make proper surveys.

The rest of the survey was interesting, and I made sure to comment on how I want all the crap OUT of My Shows (HD recordings, video providers, what to watch, etc) and the ability to create *CUSTOM* folders.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #17
celtic pride

i dont drink either ,but i took the survey on the one in a million chance i win a new tivo roamio pro which i desperatly want but cant afford!
celtic pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #18
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
The rest of the survey was interesting, and I made sure to comment on how I want all the crap OUT of My Shows (HD recordings, video providers, what to watch, etc) and the ability to create *CUSTOM* folders.
The section where they asked for feedback on several different functions (SP, WL, etc) was the first time I've seen them do this. I spent some time crafting my most significant (IMHO) wants & dislikes. I hope they are sincere in asking.

As a heavy WL user, I had quite a bit of feedback in that area for them.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtic pride View Post
i dont drink either ,but i took the survey on the one in a million chance i win a new tivo roamio pro which i desperatly want but cant afford!
You can still win, just skip the part about alcohol. They give you that option.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #20
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Horrible survey on the alcohol crap. I have never consumed alcohol in my life, and never will.
I'm sure I make up for you in the status quo
Old 10-26-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
You can still win, just skip the part about alcohol. They give you that option.
Taking the alcohol survey offered an additional drawing for a second set of prizes.

If you skip the part about alcohol, then you only get entered into one drawing.

AFAIK, your odds of winning a prize is better with 2 chances versus just one, so I chose to tolerate the tedious questions about alcohol.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Taking the alcohol survey offered an additional drawing for a second set of prizes.

If you skip the part about alcohol, then you only get entered into one drawing.
Oh, sorry, I missed that part. Dern.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #23
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatergator1 View Post
I've noticed people always start talking about a new survey about a day or two before I actually get the email. It seems Tivo sends the email out in different groups, so you probably just have to wait a day or so. I haven't got mine either.
Yep, got the email early the next morning. Lots of booze questions. Which was easy for me, none of the liquor a/wines/beers are in my house. Newcastle or Guinness, nothing else matters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #24
BruceShultes

I had no opinion about any of the booze.

I suffer from epilepsy and the one way I can guarantee a seizure within the next 24 hours is to drink alcohol.

Of course, it has been close to 50 years since I last tested this, but I am not going to be dumb enough to put myself at risk again either.
BruceShultes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #25
Dan203
Super Moderator

I drink occasionally, but most just Bud Light and an occasional Jack & Coke. I'd never heard of most of those brands and don't think I'd actually tried any of them. (I hate Vodka and Gin)
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #26
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
...your odds of winning a prize is better with 2 chances versus just one, so I chose to tolerate the tedious questions about alcohol.
+ me
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:48 AM   #27
Devx

It seems ANOTHER survey went out requesting feedback specifically on the Roamio a few days ago. Not sure they've ever solicited feedback this often before.

It does appear Tivo is listening or at least trying to. I remember they asked about a few hot button topics on the forums, the promotions (pause ads), streaming, wishlist screens, UI, stability, etc.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #28
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devx View Post
It seems ANOTHER survey went out requesting feedback specifically on the Roamio a few days ago. Not sure they've ever solicited feedback this often before.

It does appear Tivo is listening or at least trying to. I remember they asked about a few hot button topics on the forums, the promotions (pause ads), streaming, wishlist screens, UI, stability, etc.
Have not seen it [yet]. I tell you, the oversized/dark background pause ads are really starting to piss me off. I didn't realize how often I pause to read the screen until I had something huge ALWAYS blocking what I want to see.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #29
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Have not seen it [yet]. I tell you, the oversized/dark background pause ads are really starting to piss me off. I didn't realize how often I pause to read the screen until I had something huge ALWAYS blocking what I want to see.
Time for Select, Play, Select, Pause, Select...

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:30 PM   #30
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Time for Select, Play, Select, Pause, Select...
Then I won't see the progress bar, which is something else I want to see frequently. (Unless I am misunderstanding it).