TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
WhiskeyTango

NBC orders a pilot episode of Murder, She Wrote reboot

Quote:
NBC has given a put pilot committment to a Murder, She Wrote reboot starring Oscar winner Octavia Spencer (The Help), our sister site Deadline reports.

Alexandra Cunningham (Desperate Housewives, Prime Suspect) will write — and executive produce with David Janollari — the project, which will put a new twist on CBS’ long-running smash. Spencer’s character is described by Deadline as “a hospital administrator and amateur sleuth who self-publishes her first mystery novel” and sets out to help solve real-life crimes.
They really need to stop with the reboots. Bionic Woman, Knight Rider, V, Ironside, Mockingbird Lane (The Munsters), Charlie's Angels.

Any takers?
WhiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
stahta01
Simple Member

So, a repeat of a mass murderer who goes around framing other people as the murders.

I still think in real life that is more believable than the real show idea.

Tim S.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Seriously. That show appealed to folks out of the core demo when it was on FIRST run. How is this going to appeal to the core demo today?
Old 10-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
Edmund
Remote Czar

Maybe a theatrical tv reboot will work?

The Equalizer.
Edmund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Seriously. That show appealed to folks out of the core demo when it was on FIRST run. How is this going to appeal to the core demo today?
I suspect the mystery writer will not be in her late sixties. Hell, choose most any of the age 40+ hotties in the "Hawtest" thread, and you may have a decent shot.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
DeDondeEs

Thank goodness for DVR's and iPads. I couldn't imagine another generation of our youth being forced to watch Murder She Wrote and Matlock while visiting their grandparents, or while their grandparents were visiting. I missed many fine Alf and Punky Brewster episodes because we had to watch Murder She Wrote.
DeDondeEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDondeEs View Post
Thank goodness for DVR's and iPads. I couldn't imagine another generation of our youth being forced to watch Murder She Wrote and Matlock while visiting their grandparents, or while their grandparents were visiting. I missed many fine Alf and Punky Brewster episodes because we had to watch Murder She Wrote.
Of course grandparents today are watching syndicated reruns of Alf and Punky Brewster
Old 10-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
dtle

As "a hospital administrator", I bet she (or her sidekick) will be doing some CSI-like investigations, too.
dtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #9
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
As "a hospital administrator", I bet she (or her sidekick) will be doing some CSI-like investigations, too.
Because we all know that, at its core, the skill set of a healthcare administrator is similar to a detective.

Good lord.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #10
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
I suspect the mystery writer will not be in her late sixties. Hell, choose most any of the age 40+ hotties in the "Hawtest" thread, and you may have a decent shot.
If they were smart, they would not name this show "Murder She Wrote". Unfortunately, the name automatically makes you think of the old series and not some new, trying to be hip series. If the idea is to bring in the younger demos, naming the series that is not going to help.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #11
JoBeth66
Temp

CSI "Down East"?
JoBeth66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
I suspect the mystery writer will not be in her late sixties.
As noted in the OP, Octavia Spencer (43 yrs. old) is set to topline the series.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
If they were smart, they would not name this show "Murder She Wrote". Unfortunately, the name automatically makes you think of the old series and not some new, trying to be hip series. If the idea is to bring in the younger demos, naming the series that is not going to help.
That's what I don't quite get. It doesn't sound at all like the same series, other than that the main character is a mystery writer cum real-life detective. There's enough differences that I don't think they even needed to say it is the same series.
LoadStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
allan
I survived the Mayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
Hospital administrator? Are they rebooting the right show? That sounds more like "Diagnosis Murder".

BEEP
allan is offline   Reply With Quote