Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #31
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loach View Post
It's not just the scant clothing. It's the sexual context in a 7:00 show targeted at family viewers. So why wasn't the program rated TV14? Why does the TV14 rating even exist?
Either you're messing with us, or you really believe what you're posting. Neither option really augurs any meaningful discussion, so I'll just promise to stay off your lawn and leave it at that.

Quote:
And by the way, Skye is not really even hot enough to pull off that clothing.
Not to mention her sharp knees....

"of course, you are 100% correct" --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

busyba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #32
MikeCC
TiVotee

Quote:
Um... she'd be even hotter if she DID pull off that clothing!
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Which, for the uninitiated, is an Avengers/X-Men team-up book (Uncanny X-Men & Mighty Avengers), and he's one of the X-Men on the team.
Truthfully, I consider it an Avengers book and A + X as the "team-up" book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
In the comics, a mutation does not make you a member of the race of mutants. Even getting mutant powers grafted "onto" you like Deadpool does not make you a mutant.
But Deadpool is considered an "X Character" though?

(I don't know for sure, IMO the X Books have been a hot mess for the last 20 years.)

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #34
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
As a parent, the post-sex scene with Skye and her boyfriend was very disappointing to me. It was completely gratuitous, not to mention the acting during that scene was horrendous. I was hoping this series would be safe to watch with young teens/tweens. Guess maybe not. Not sure how this episode rated TV-PG. I guess nearly naked women are just the norm these days...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtle View Post
So you have no problems with them showing a human being charred to death right in front of your eyes? Typical American parents....
That's interesting; no where in his statement did I read that he has "...no problems with them showing a human being charred to death..."
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #35
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
It's not just the scant clothing. It's the sexual context in a 7:00 show targeted at family viewers. So why wasn't the program rated TV14? Why does the TV14 rating even exist?

Is it that she needs to be skinnier to pull off that clothing? If so, wouldn't that be setting a bad example for all those family viewers?
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
Truthfully, I consider it an Avengers book and A + X as the "team-up" book.
Well, the premise of the book is that they grouped a bunch of Avengers with a bunch of X-Men. And Sunfire was one of the X-Men. That's all I was trying to say.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #37
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
That's interesting; no where in his statement did I read that he has "...no problems with them showing a human being charred to death..."
He certainly doesn't appear to consider it something worth complaining about, especially when there's a woman on the screen wearing a bra and panties.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #38
cmontyburns
Excellent.

Lots of bad acting in this episode. I mostly liked the plotting, but the actors kept pulling me out of the story.

One thing I find interesting about this show is that SHIELD is kind of a d*ck. The Rising Tide, as stupid as such as thing is an an adversary, isn't automatically on the wrong side of things because there's a ton of moral and ethical (and legal) ambiguity in what SHIELD does. That's pretty cool. I think the show is aware of it, but what I can't tell yet is whether it cares. That is, I don't know whether the show think it's enough just to show these cards, or whether it has the ambition (or skill) to actually play them out.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #39
logic88

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
Lots of bad acting in this episode. I mostly liked the plotting, but the actors kept pulling me out of the story.
If you think the acting was bad in English, the acting in Cantonese was horrid.

Especially since Changchien only speaks Japanese.
logic88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:22 AM   #40
cheesesteak
Meh.

I like Ming Na but her fighting and action scenes aren't very believable.

I still dislike Fitz-Simmons.

Who the heck was the guy in jail that floral print dress lady visited?

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #41
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmontyburns View Post
Lots of bad acting in this episode. I mostly liked the plotting, but the actors kept pulling me out of the story....
This is what keeps dragging this average show down...and I'm being generous using "average". I give it one or two more eps, then, if it doesn't improve, heave ho!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #42
mwhip
All better

Austin Nichols was in John from Cincinnati and has always been a terrible actor, he is just hot that is why he keeps getting roles.

Gamertag - mwhip
mwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #43
mattack

Some comic book nerd (NERDS!) can correct me.. but wasn't Scorch's power essentially exactly the same as the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four?

(or is this the "bad and good versions of the same character" kind of thing they seem to do?)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #44
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Some comic book nerd (NERDS!) can correct me.. but wasn't Scorch's power essentially exactly the same as the Human Torch in the Fantastic Four?

(or is this the "bad and good versions of the same character" kind of thing they seem to do?)
I only have a casual knowledge of the comics (I actually know more about comic book characters based on their movies than I do based on their comics), but Scorch seemed to me to be very similar to Pyro from X-Men, except that he can also actually spontaneously generate fire.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #45
kettledrum

I would be much more concerned about the violence than the sex. But alas, for some reason violence is overlooked in this country while sex is taboo.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #46
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kettledrum View Post
I would be much more concerned about the violence than the sex. But alas, for some reason violence is overlooked in this country while sex is taboo.
It's not overlooked....it's celebrated....