TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #1
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Survivor - Blood vs Water : OAD 10-23-2013

Color me happy that Brad is gone. When I saw the challenge had a balance beam + puzzle I figured Laura was a shoe-in for the win. Of course, the puzzle itself wasn't very puzzling, but she killed them on the balance beam so it didn't matter. What the heck was that little bit of poetry from Brad? Sail hard?

I can't believe the mistake Tina and Laura made with the basket. That just makes no sense at all. We know the teams are given a LOT of briefing about how the challenge works that we never see, but they looked completely baffled as they came out of the water. It was nice that they came back to make a contest of it, but they really deserved to lose that one.

And Cat, what the hell was she thinking? She talked herself right out of the game. They never learn.

It's a fun season!

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I thought after that mistake with the basket that Tina was going home. She was also on the puzzle that they couldn't quite solve in time. Twice she kept jumping up and down and not waiting to hear if it was right. And it wasn't. If her daughter had been on the other team I would have suspected her of losing on purpose.

Cat really did get herself voted out. Not just for what was said at the camp but definitely at tribal. I think if she said "I love you guys" one more time I would have gagged. She won't last at Redemption.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

And then at redemption she says she hopes Hayden doesn't dump her because she didn't make it to the merge. Does she think he only likes her because she's been on Survivor or something?
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Dalton's recap:

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...ter-episode-6/

meh
Old 10-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
TampaThunder

And here's the Q&A with Jeff:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/24/su...bst-episode-6/
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Not one but TWO premature celebrations. Idiots.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
pmyers

Couple of thoughts:

1. That RI "puzzle" was stupid. Why would they put 1-10 in the same bag and then 11-20 in the same bag, etc...why wouldn't you randomly dispurse the numbers?

2. Tina is utterly useless on this show (or at least that we've seen). Good thing she was smart and started an alliance early (even before the show started, I've heard).

3. I'm loving that everybody is sooooo afraid of the immunity idol

4. Poor Vytas with a tribe of 5 women. Good/lucky for him that Kat inploded!
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

wouldn't it have been faster to put the puzzle together and then put it in through the holes? it seems that too much time was wasted taking the pieces in and out...
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
TomK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
wouldn't it have been faster to put the puzzle together and then put it in through the holes? it seems that too much time was wasted taking the pieces in and out...
Like you, I was thinking 'do it on the ground first' and then insert the pieces in the vertical frame.
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Exactly what I thought, as well. Way easier to see how it all fits together on the ground and then just insert it in order.

Kat was really stupid here. Same mistake Brad made. Trying to worry about strategy too early, when instead she should have simply been happy to be in a strong alliance. I guess it shows how poor she is as a player that she tried to put all the focus on Monica and it all came back on her. Clearly she didn't know her place in the alliance.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Yea I think Kat's biggest mistake is where she stood within her alliance. I think Monica was the leader of that alliance, Kat was probably on the bottom so it was easy to cut her loose and keeping their team stronger for the challenges.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #12
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Maybe they were not allowed?
Old 10-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
Yea I think Kat's biggest mistake is where she stood within her alliance. I think Monica was the leader of that alliance, Kat was probably on the bottom so it was easy to cut her loose and keeping their team stronger for the challenges.
Kat didn't realize that she was in an aliance with three older ladies and the daughter of one of those ladies. She had no chance. Also funny that in the one individual interview with her, she said Monica has to learn how to play Survivor and shut it. Then it was Kat's big mouth that got her tossed out of the game. Ha

I was really impressed with Vytas realizing that he needed to appear vulnerable to get in good with the women. That really won him some points. Don't know how much that helped vs. Kat imploding, but it sure seemed like they had no problem switching to vote Kat out. Plus, It would have been a really bad idea to get rid of Vytas when he's the only real physical strength they have for challenges.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #14
goblue97
Hoke-amania

Quote:
I think the puzzle pieces were shaped to only fit a certain way but the picture could have been completed in multiple ways. So even though the picture may have looked correct on the ground, it may not have fit in the "connect four" thing. I hope that makes sense.
goblue97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue97 View Post
I think the puzzle pieces were shaped to only fit a certain way but the picture could have been completed in multiple ways. So even though the picture may have looked correct on the ground, it may not have fit in the "connect four" thing. I hope that makes sense.
I think the one tribe thought they found 2 of the other ways!! Actually if it was made to fit in certain slots would you be able to make it any other way?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I felt really sorry for Kat. What makes someone have such low self-esteem? as someone with a daughter, I would feel like a complete failure if I heard her say what Kat said about her boyfriend.
Anubys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #17
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

I have to say I was loving Tyson in this episode. He's hilarious and constantly making little cracks just to see how people will react. You could tell Hayden was getting pissed about Tyson eating all the food, but to Hayden's credit, he kept his mouth shut. I also liked how Tyson was starting to build the sentiment against Aras. He wasn't being as blatant about it as what Kat did, but he was slowly trying to get the attitude of the team to turn against Aras, so that when the time comes, they'll be more receptive to the idea of voting him out.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
getreal
postcrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
3. I'm loving that everybody is sooooo afraid of the immunity idol

4. Poor Vytas with a tribe of 5 women. Good/lucky for him that Kat inploded!
While the ladies are busy nesting & syncing their cycles Vytas should slip out and hunt down that HII, because he is definitely gonna need it pretty soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
getreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
late for dinner
Always Hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I also liked how Tyson was starting to build the sentiment against Aras. He wasn't being as blatant about it as what Kat did, but he was slowly trying to get the attitude of the team to turn against Aras, so that when the time comes, they'll be more receptive to the idea of voting him out.
I really laughed when he was ripping Aras when Aras was chopping down the tree.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #20
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

So can someone explain to me why they keep burning the clues to the II? Has it become THAT toxic? Is Probst and gang going to have to rethink having it in the game anymore? I swear I think Jeff looks really pissed every time they throw the clue in the fire. Like they've messed with his game.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
So can someone explain to me why they keep burning the clues to the II? Has it become THAT toxic? Is Probst and gang going to have to rethink having it in the game anymore? I swear I think Jeff looks really pissed every time they throw the clue in the fire. Like they've messed with his game.
I'd suggest reading the Q&A with Probst linked to above. He addresses this very thing.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #22
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I have to say I was loving Tyson in this episode. He's hilarious and constantly making little cracks just to see how people will react. You could tell Hayden was getting pissed about Tyson eating all the food, but to Hayden's credit, he kept his mouth shut. I also liked how Tyson was starting to build the sentiment against Aras. He wasn't being as blatant about it as what Kat did, but he was slowly trying to get the attitude of the team to turn against Aras, so that when the time comes, they'll be more receptive to the idea of voting him out.
Tyson has always been a favorite of mine. He's funny and doesn't take himself seriously.

I agree regarding Hayden too. I think he's learned a lot from BB. Keep your mouth shut!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
stellie93

I liked the number "puzzle." Something for people like me who are really bad at spacial visual type puzzles. I did think since Laura is a puzzle guru that could be to her disadvantage, but she did ok anyway.

While Tina looked terrible in that challenge, I thought she had been doing pretty well up to this point. Really carrying her weight considering her age.

They didn't mention Cat leaving them for an alliance with Hayden as a reason to get rid of her, but I think that must have been part of it. Of course that applies to Vytas too.

I didn't really get why Tyson was purposely annoying them by hogging the food at the same time as he's saying that that is one way to get in trouble. But he's funny.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
Jeeters
Registered Snoozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancnDude View Post
And then at redemption she says she hopes Hayden doesn't dump her because she didn't make it to the merge. Does she think he only likes her because she's been on Survivor or something?
She also made some comment about her "cool girl friend factor, on a scale of 1 to 10" with his friends just dropped to a negative 2. The whole thing made me chuckle out loud and I didn't for a second think she was not kidding.
Jeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #25
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I'm surprised they didn't change things up and just start hiding the clues in rewards as in past years.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #26
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I'm surprised they didn't change things up and just start hiding the clues in rewards as in past years.
What I'd like to see is for them to say "Here is a clue that has all of the hints to find the idol. If you take this, you WILL find the idol". Now THAT is a big decision. Or just hand them the idol right in front of everybody!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #27
DancnDude
Thrice as nice

The problem is that once they start looking, everybody else will follow them and start looking in the same general area.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I still think the thing to do is accept the clue then open it in front of the rest of the tribe and everybody read it together. Tell your tribe "she's not giving it to me, she's giving it to us."

meh
Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #29
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I still think the thing to do is accept the clue then open it in front of the rest of the tribe and everybody read it together. Tell your tribe "she's not giving it to me, she's giving it to us."
That's what I always thought they should do, give everyone a chance if anything hopefully your alliance has an idol at the merge.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #30
LifeIsABeach

Quote:
I felt really sorry for Kat. What makes someone have such low self-esteem? as someone with a daughter, I would feel like a complete failure if I heard her say what Kat said about her boyfriend.
+1 Just watched the episode and that is exactly what I came in the thread to talk about. I never saw him on BB, but he seems like a nice guy from what I have seen on Survivor. Sad that she would think that.