TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

American Horror Story: Coven 10/23/2013 "The Replacements"

Well, that was disturbing on so very many levels!

I can't decide which was worse- the Minotaur sex or the sexual abuse of FrankenKyle. Do we think Queenie was voodoo-ing beasty rape to Madame LaLaurie, or giving herself to "someone special"?

Madame LaLaurie's reaction to a black President was priceless, though.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
markz
Hilarity Ensues

I don't even know what to say about this show! As you said, so disturbing! I am enjoying it LOTS more than last year!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
markz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
Well, that was disturbing on so very many levels! I can't decide which was worse- the Minotaur sex or the sexual abuse of FrankenKyle. Do we think Queenie was voodoo-ing beasty rape to Madame LaLaurie, or giving herself to "someone special"? Madame LaLaurie's reaction to a black President was priceless, though.

I am loving Kathy Bates in this. And I'm looking forward to seeing other cast from prior seasons pop up in later episodes (I'm assuming we'll see at least a few more returning cast members, but I haven't been spoiled as to whom, or whether that's so).

As far as what was happening with Queenie and the Minotaur - I hadn't considered either one of those possibilities, though I like both of them. I just took the scene at face value and assumed she was getting molested by a minotaur. It happens.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:

Last edited by danterner : 10-24-2013 at 03:33 PM.
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
jamesbobo
with a grain of salt

Watching mother-son sex was yucky. I know, they're actors not really mother and son, but still yucky.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #5
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbobo View Post
Watching mother-son sex was yucky. I know, they're actors not really mother and son, but still yucky.
What he did to her head afterwards was also pretty yucky.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
danterner
Not it!

I loved seeing Marie Laveau sitting on her throne, playing solitaire on a tablet.

| Facebook:
| XBOX LIVE gamertag:
| Twitter:
| Goozex:
danterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #7
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danterner View Post
I loved seeing Marie Laveau sitting on her throne, playing solitaire on a tablet.
That was priceless! Also loved mama's crushed skull -- quite graphic even for cable...
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #8
Eptiger
TiVo N00b

Such a good episode!! It's too bad this show isn't getting more attention - I'm sure people are writing it off as just some hum drum horror movie dragged into a show but the fact that we're reacting so viscerally means that they're doing a great job of creating something that's not just a thriller but is engaging.

Regarding Queenie - I didn't think she had any malice in her mind trying to get in Bastien's minotaur pants. I think she legitimately identified with him. I'd doubt that her powers are strong enough to spread the feeling of having sex to someone she can't even see in front of her =P

No comments about the ending? I was shocked they'd kill off a main character so fast. Granted, I figured that Jessica Lange wasn't going to step aside for Emma Roberts, but it was still kind of a sudden death. I figured that she was going to just screw with her and threaten her or something, I didn't think she'd slit her throat after getting in her head. I liked how she even acted remorseful for a second about it.

I like how this season is wittier, too. "This coven doesn't need a new supreme it needs a new rug"

Elton

Eptiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #9
Jstkiddn
Fruit Loop Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eptiger View Post
Such a good episode!! It's too bad this show isn't getting more attention - I'm sure people are writing it off as just some hum drum horror movie dragged into a show but the fact that we're reacting so viscerally means that they're doing a great job of creating something that's not just a thriller but is engaging.

<snip>

No comments about the ending? I was shocked they'd kill off a main character so fast. Granted, I figured that Jessica Lange wasn't going to step aside for Emma Roberts, but it was still kind of a sudden death. I figured that she was going to just screw with her and threaten her or something, I didn't think she'd slit her throat after getting in her head. I liked how she even acted remorseful for a second about it.
This is the single show this fall that I can't wait to see each week.

Regarding the death, I agree bit with this show, who really knows. People don't tend to stay dead. Lol.
Jstkiddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstkiddn View Post
This is the single show this fall that I can't wait to see each week.

Regarding the death, I agree bit with this show, who really knows. People don't tend to stay dead. Lol.
Plus being dead doesn't always make them less of a character in the show...hell, in Season 1 much of the cast was dead!

And even if she's dead dead (which I don't believe for a moment), she could be back next season in a new role.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Eptiger
TiVo N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
Plus being dead doesn't always make them less of a character in the show...hell, in Season 1 much of the cast was dead!

And even if she's dead dead (which I don't believe for a moment), she could be back next season in a new role.
True. Lily Rabe is back, after all, and I love the role she's in now! (haven't seen last week's episode quite yet, btw - trying to catch up on my shows evenly and fight the urge to binge on Coven)

Elton

Eptiger is offline   Reply With Quote