TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #31
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
WOW.. that's even LESS non-main-event coverage than last year.
Looks like it's exactly the same; eleven weeks of ME coverage before the final table.

2012 Broadcast Schedule

2013 Broadcast Schedule
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #32
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Looks like it's exactly the same; eleven weeks of ME coverage before the final table.

2012 Broadcast Schedule

2013 Broadcast Schedule
He specifically said "non-main event coverage". Even there, the only thing missing is the second part of the "live" coverage of the Big One For One Drop final table.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #33
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
He specifically said "non-main event coverage".
Oops. Been reading it wrong the whole time!
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:17 PM   #34
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,320
TC CLUB MEMBER
WSOP airings on ESPN are showing up now in the Program Guide (starting July 23rd), so if you need to set up recordings, data guide info is now available!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:38 AM   #35
tenthplanet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 349
I just found this thread ( what is Wsop??), so let me also send congratulations to waynomo and his son. Waynomo were you your sons first poker teacher?
__________________
"It's tough thinking of something clever to write down here, I don't know how Chuck Lorre does it..."
tenthplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #36
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthplanet View Post
I just found this thread ( what is Wsop??), so let me also send congratulations to waynomo and his son. Waynomo were you your sons first poker teacher?
World Series of Poker
No, I wasn't his first teacher. He started out by teaching himself by reading books and posting on 2+2. He also built a stable of highly talented friends that he could discuss poker with.

He worked very hard at it. I don't think people give poker players enough credit. While of course there must be some natural talent, they all work really hard at staying on top of the game.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #37
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,320
TC CLUB MEMBER
ESPN broadcast coverage begins tomorrow night, so set your SP's if you haven't already!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #38
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
Yup.. I know at least my Tivo HD already had them scheduled... (I have a generic 'poker' new only wishlist on that one..) I cancelled those recordings, will check to see if my P4 has them scheduled.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #39
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,320
TC CLUB MEMBER
I've got to make more of a concerted effort now to clear about 24 hours of space on my DVR before the Main Event final table broadcast so I can get it from start to finish this year. Even padding and recording several of the shows that were scheduled to air after that coverage last year, I managed to miss the finish and had to watch on their more edited show they aired afterwards.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #40
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I've got to make more of a concerted effort now to clear about 24 hours of space on my DVR before the Main Event final table broadcast so I can get it from start to finish this year. Even padding and recording several of the shows that were scheduled to air after that coverage last year, I managed to miss the finish and had to watch on their more edited show they aired afterwards.
Last year was ridiculous. I can't believe when I woke up the next morning it was still on. My recording had stopped, maybe 40 minutes earlier so with the buffer I caught all but a few minutes. When I set it the night before I thought I was being ridiculously careful.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #41
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
I've got to make more of a concerted effort now to clear about 24 hours of space on my DVR before the Main Event final table broadcast so I can get it from start to finish this year. Even padding and recording several of the shows that were scheduled to air after that coverage last year, I managed to miss the finish and had to watch on their more edited show they aired afterwards.
I fear that the best way to record it is via a ridiculously long manual recording.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #42
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
I fear that the best way to record it is via a ridiculously long manual recording.
I just do several 2 hour segments. They'll show up as Sports Center, but I know what they are. This way I can easily delete the portion that isn't WSOP. Also I can delete segments as I finish them.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #43
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,320
TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
I just do several 2 hour segments. They'll show up as Sports Center, but I know what they are. This way I can easily delete the portion that isn't WSOP. Also I can delete segments as I finish them.
That's what I do, too, and I find with the DirecTV DVRs that the recordings themselves will overlap a minute or so as long as the back-to-back recordings are on the same channel, so I don't risk missing anything. With my TiVo, there's always that few seconds missed between recordings as they switch over.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #44
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
That's what I do, too, and I find with the DirecTV DVRs that the recordings themselves will overlap a minute or so as long as the back-to-back recordings are on the same channel, so I don't risk missing anything. With my TiVo, there's always that few seconds missed between recordings as they switch over.
I'm not too worried about those few seconds with WSOP (especially the way they are playing the game these days.) With football and ice hockey I definitely make sure to get some overlap if no conflicts.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #45
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
Are the hour and a half episodes really edited versions of two separate hour long episodes that will air other times?

At first, I thought no, but upon View Upcoming Episodes the other day, I started to think otherwise... (Many but not all airings seemed to NOT have episode #s, but some did..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
Actually, apparently the hour and a half episodes WERE originally done as two full hour long episodes. At least one of the 1.5 hour episodes is available as two separate "hour" (47 minute with few/no commercials) episodes On Demand. I've only watched around a third of the 1.5 hour version, so I'll just watch the On Demand one(s) from now on to see the full ones.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #47
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Actually, apparently the hour and a half episodes WERE originally done as two full hour long episodes. At least one of the 1.5 hour episodes is available as two separate "hour" (47 minute with few/no commercials) episodes On Demand. I've only watched around a third of the 1.5 hour version, so I'll just watch the On Demand one(s) from now on to see the full ones.
Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected that was the case. My assumption was that ratings have not been great this year so they decided to reduce the broadcast for these less than exciting middle shows by 30 minutes.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #48
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. I suspected that was the case. My assumption was that ratings have not been great this year so they decided to reduce the broadcast for these less than exciting middle shows by 30 minutes.
No, I think it's because they had other sports scheduled on the same night (maybe even on e.g. ESPN2). IIRC, they have swapped BACK between 90 minute and 120 minute (two separate hour episodes) a couple of times.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #49
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
Hmm, the older eps are starting to disappear from my On Demand, but I haven't had new ones show up in at least a week. I think two were yellow triangle for at least several days, and I noticed either today or yesterday they finally went away.. but weren't replaced by new eps.

I do hope they put the rest back up there in the full hour long versions. (Hour as if they had commercials of course.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #50
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
Hmm, the older eps are starting to disappear from my On Demand, but I haven't had new ones show up in at least a week. I think two were yellow triangle for at least several days, and I noticed either today or yesterday they finally went away.. but weren't replaced by new eps.

I do hope they put the rest back up there in the full hour long versions. (Hour as if they had commercials of course.)
They usually end up on YouTube. It might only be what was broadcast and not the full episodes that were available On Demand.

And, yes those usually only hang around for about a month.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 PM   #51
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynomo View Post
They usually end up on YouTube. It might only be what was broadcast and not the full episodes that were available On Demand.

And, yes those usually only hang around for about a month.
No, like I said earlier, with AT LEAST the episodes that On Demand called "Main Event 14" and "Main Event 15", those were two shows that showed on ESPN as a 1.5 hour (inc commercials) episode.. It was WAY longer than the one that aired.

ESPN is still airing the truncated versions, but as I said, so far, none past ep 15 have shown up on On Demand. I'm still recording the ESPN versions, but 'holding off' a bit in case the new un-truncated ones show up on On Demand. I don't want to watch on YouTube, I'd probably rather watch the truncated versions! If they don't show up by the weekend before the final table, then I guess I'll catch up..
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #52
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,320
TC CLUB MEMBER
Speaking of the Final Table, given what played out last year, I am making sure I have plenty of room on my DVRs to be able to record probably 18-24 hours worth of programming. As much as I recorded/padded/recorded and padded several of the following programs, I still didn't get the finish. I had to watch the truncated replay coverage they aired to see it.

I don't want that happening this year!
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #53
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
....and just as soon as I say it, today 2 new episodes DID appear on On Demand.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #54
JLucPicard
Registered User
 
JLucPicard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West St. Paul - Viking Country
Posts: 3,320
TC CLUB MEMBER
**** WSOP FINAL TABLE - LIVE BROADCAST WARNING ****

The Nov 4th (Monday) WSOP Live Final Table broadcast showed up in my DirecTV program guide starting at 7 CT/8 ET for three hours. Because of the Monday Night Football coverage airing on the main ESPN channel, the Live Final Table is being aired on ESPN2. My guide does not yet have data for Nov 5th (Tuesday), so I will post again probably tomorrow with info on further coverage.

If you have an SP set up for the main ESPN channel, you may want to make sure you're checking ESPN2 as well.



Added: It looks like they have the Nov 5th Live Final Table coverage scheduled from 8:00 to 10:00 CT with about 14 one hour blocks of Sports Center following that on the main ESPN channel.
.

Last edited by JLucPicard : 10-24-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Nov 5th update
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #55
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
And FWIW, for the 90 minute showing of the WSOP that they showed on the 15th, they rebroadcast the full one hour segments on ESPN2 on the next Monday. (10/21) All they did was edit out 2 segments between 32 and 48 minutes of the show. There were some more interesting hands in omitted segments than in what they showed, but they did it for ease.

I assume that was what they did with the previous 90 minute episodes also. (Cant say for sure because I didn't tape those.)

I am going to assume that they will broadcast the full episodes hour long episodes on ESPN2 tomorrow night (Monday) from the 90 minute 10/22 broadcast also.

ESPN2 is broadcasting 3 hour long shows Monday night. The first will be the last show from the 15th and then the 2 shows that they used to make up the 90 minute episode from the 22nd.

(Or at least that is what I assume they are doing.)
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #56
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
At least a couple of weeks ago, I had tried to get the Monday rebroadcasts, but it didn't actually end up being WSOP episodes... I forget what it was.. (I've now been recording the 1.5 hr shows, and then eventually just watching on On Demand..)

Hmm, I wonder how many hours I should pad either night..

I was actually thinking about this over the weekend, and IIRC, last year I finally gave up on the final table since it was so boring.. (I remember even admitting in the thread that I guess I was wrong, I *do* want the edited, exciting hands with voiceover..) If it's less than 14 hours, maybe I can watch the whole thing (at 1.5x at least)... and I don't remember ever catching the edited version of the final table, even though I know they make them for reruns... (often the reruns of WSOP shows are preempted, and I think I got tired of chasing them..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #57
lpwcomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: John's Creek, Georgia
Posts: 5,135
Both Monday Nov 4 and Tuesday Nov 5 are "live" (30-minute delay) broadcasts of every hand. Monday is on ESPN2 and they will play down to 3. Tuesday is on ESPN and they will play to a winner.

You'll either have to set up a long manual recording or multiple recordings. 6 hours probably won't be enough for the first night. 5 hours might be enough for the second night but that is not certain.
__________________
James L. Sutherland
"You know TiVo users. Bunch of b****y little girls" TiVoAxe

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #58
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post
At least a couple of weeks ago, I had tried to get the Monday rebroadcasts, but it didn't actually end up being WSOP episodes... I forget what it was.. (I've now been recording the 1.5 hr shows, and then eventually just watching on On Demand..)

Hmm, I wonder how many hours I should pad either night..

I was actually thinking about this over the weekend, and IIRC, last year I finally gave up on the final table since it was so boring.. (I remember even admitting in the thread that I guess I was wrong, I *do* want the edited, exciting hands with voiceover..) If it's less than 14 hours, maybe I can watch the whole thing (at 1.5x at least)... and I don't remember ever catching the edited version of the final table, even though I know they make them for reruns... (often the reruns of WSOP shows are preempted, and I think I got tired of chasing them..)
They did broadcast as scheduled the full episodes tonight.

But, yes have had problems over the years trying to record certain episodes. (Chasing the episodes as you put it.)

I don't know how many hours I'll be able to get through as yes, it can be rather boring.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:24 AM   #59
waynomo
My One Time
 
waynomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpwcomp View Post
Both Monday Nov 4 and Tuesday Nov 5 are "live" (30-minute delay) broadcasts of every hand. Monday is on ESPN2 and they will play down to 3. Tuesday is on ESPN and they will play to a winner.

You'll either have to set up a long manual recording or multiple recordings. 6 hours probably won't be enough for the first night. 5 hours might be enough for the second night but that is not certain.
Yes, I scheduled multiple 2 hour manual recordings. (Makes it easier to delete/free up space when done with those segments also.)

It will be interesting to see how the final night plays out after last year's marathon. It was almost 10 hours long IIRC. I'd be willing to be the contrarian and hope that this year will be less than 5 hours. (I can dream can't I?)

It's funny how they can go from 9 to 3 players in just a few hours, but then it takes twice as long to find the eventual winner.
waynomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:06 PM   #60
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 16,948
This week, Comcast only put "Main Event 17" (that's how they're titling them), not 16, on On Demand.. I still have the 1.5 hour condensed version of the two. Was wondering if there's a way to contact Comcast about On Demand (the normal call the call centers would be pointless, I think).. Similar to how they have an address for closed captioning issues.
(Though heh, a lot of the On Demand stuff doesn't seem to have CC, even though the Tivo says it does.)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |