TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
Somboy

Question V53 errors on OTA channels with base Roamio

I'm having problems viewing over-the-air channels on my new base model Roamio. When I try to view a channel using live TV, I sometimes get a blank screen and a V53 error. I live close to Boston, all of the channels have transmitters a few miles away and I have no trouble tuning them in directly using my TV. The odd thing is that when I look at the channel's signal strength bar graph, the strength always starts out low and increases until the channel is received. I can then exit and now watch live tv.

Obviously this is an impractical way to change stations, and I'm puzzled as to the cause. I though one tuner might not be working well, so I have tried simultaneously recording on 4 different channels to see if one didn't succeed, but in a couple of trials all 4 were recorded okay.

I'm thinking of just returning the DVR, but before I do that I wondered if there's anything else I should do to understand and possibly workaround the problem.
Somboy is offline   Reply With Quote