TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #31
dwsnyder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by the block View Post
Not that I have found. It has been a painful process so far. Even more annoying for shows that aren't in season right now and can't add season passes for. I'm afraid I'll forget to re-add them when the shows start again.
You could use title wishlists with auto recording for this. Then once it starts recording set up a normal season pass.
dwsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #32
skaggs
AlbanyHDTV
 
skaggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobouser View Post
Im in the same place with TWC, so how do I rerun guided setup cant find a link and cant find it in the prompts for my Premier.
Settings & Messages > Settings > Channels > Channel List > Enter
__________________
Been watching TV through TiVo since 1998.
skaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #33
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North Potomac, MD
Posts: 3,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobouser View Post
Im in the same place with TWC, so how do I rerun guided setup cant find a link and cant find it in the prompts for my Premier.
Settings/Help/Restart or reset/Restart or Reset/Guided Setup

Edit: Sorry - didn't see that it had been answered already (though my answer is different)!!
__________________
CrispyCritter
TiVo Roamio:Felix TiVo Premiere:Bob TiVo XL4:Fred TiVo HDXL:Sharon TiVoHD:Susan
CrispyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
mobouser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 12
Thanks, will wait a few more day to see if the guide gets updated on its own. Most of our channels are in 1 thru 103 which are now in HD. I deleted season pass stuff. So can live with it overall.
mobouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #35
HowHH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
The tuning adaptor did the trick for me as far as getting the high def broadcasts. There were a couple of glitches. The TA was not activated at the TW end of things, even though the counter rep assured me it was all ready to go when I picked it up. A call to tech support got it activated. A reboot of the TA was necessary to get the HD to show up.

The guide is also now updated, but I will have to redo the season passes manually. They did not switch over from the now defunct channels.
HowHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #36
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHH View Post

The guide is also now updated, but I will have to redo the season passes manually. They did not switch over from the now defunct channels.
This is one reason why I prioritize my SPs by day rather than as a jumbled list.
If I had to redo them today, I could start with what I have listed under Wednesday and everything would be there and I wouldn't have to guess If I had found everything to redo so that I wouldn't miss recordings. I could do this over time rather than as a single time consuming event.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508820
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #37
ajwees41
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Omaha,NE
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaggs View Post
The lineup change happened this morning.

The way I found out was when I tuned to channel 1810, which is normally the HD version of WTEN 10 (local ABC affiliate) and instead found the Playboy-on-demand channel.

My three TiVos have not downloaded the new channel lineup, which is wreaking havoc with my season passes.
when is the last connection to the Tivo server for new gata download? Cox my provider has been right with the mapping for lineup changes.
ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #38
HowHH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
This is one reason why I prioritize my SPs by day rather than as a jumbled list.
If I had to redo them today, I could start with what I have listed under Wednesday and everything would be there and I wouldn't have to guess If I had found everything to redo so that I wouldn't miss recordings. I could do this over time rather than as a single time consuming event.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=508820
That's very cool. What is the procedure you use to create the daily separators?
HowHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #39
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowHH View Post
That's very cool. What is the procedure you use to create the daily separators?
You can create an auto record wishlist for a nonsense string of characters and then name the wishlist anything you want the separator to be. That's what I did. Another person in that thread bypassed the need to rename the ARWL by creating his wishlist searches for "Tuesday season passes" "Wednesday season passes" etc.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #40
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1
 
LoadStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 29,646
Of course, this would mean you'd have to constantly rearrange your SP by what day a show is on.

This would also mean you would have to actually *know* what day a program is on, which defeats part of the point of the TiVo software (that you can set a season pass then pretty much forget about it). Many TiVo users don't even know what *channel* a program is on, let alone what day it is on.

And also now with the Roamio Plus and Pro having 6 tuners, it becomes less and less important to prioritize season passes.
LoadStar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #41
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am
 
scandia101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MN, greater TC metro area
Posts: 8,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadStar View Post
Of course, this would mean you'd have to constantly rearrange your SP by what day a show is on.

This would also mean you would have to actually *know* what day a program is on, which defeats part of the point of the TiVo software (that you can set a season pass then pretty much forget about it). Many TiVo users don't even know what *channel* a program is on, let alone what day it is on.

And also now with the Roamio Plus and Pro having 6 tuners, it becomes less and less important to prioritize season passes.
Yep, just like everything else about how a person chooses to use their Tivo, it has its pros and cons. Ever delete a recording? you defeated the purpose of the Tivo software.
Everything you need to know about a program is right there on the screen at the time you set up the SP. I assume that when you say "constantly rearrange" you mean that once in a while you may have to manage your season passes. They gave us the Season Pass Manager for that very purpose. If you want to set and forget, that's your choice, others manage their SP list with very little time or effort involved. And like I said in my first post here, doing this would make having to recreate all of your SPs (should it ever be necessary) a less daunting task because it could more easily be done a few at a time.
__________________
discipuli nostrum bardissimi sunt.

Last edited by scandia101 : 10-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.
scandia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #42
ejsteelerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5
Similar problem to HowHH since the channel switchover by Time Warner: no HD. However, since I only have "Basic Cable" I've never needed the Tuning Adapter, just a cablecard. I'm starting to think my only option is to get a TA, since everyone at TW seems baffled by my problem. Anyone else running into this?
ejsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #43
k2ue
Retired RF Engineer
 
k2ue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Victor, NY
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsteelerfan View Post
Similar problem to HowHH since the channel switchover by Time Warner: no HD. However, since I only have "Basic Cable" I've never needed the Tuning Adapter, just a cablecard. I'm starting to think my only option is to get a TA, since everyone at TW seems baffled by my problem. Anyone else running into this?
No, my old XL4 gets the HD locals just fine with just an un-paired cablecard.
__________________
Roamio Pro/w Slide Remote, Cisco TA, iScan Duo, Epson 5020UB, Draper 80" Triggered Screen, TiVo Mini,
Oppo BDP103, Denon AVR1713, DT ProCenter 1000+ProCinema 800's, TSS-SUB4000, 4x Harmony 700
k2ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #44
pmalve
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post
Not always true. Some cable systems will remap to the HD version on a TiVo.

I think this is annoying, since some HD channels stretch/skew/mangle SD content on the HD version of the channel, and I want to watch the un-mangled version on the SD channel.
what cable systems do this?
pmalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #45
cwoody222
Registered User
 
cwoody222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 10,908
I'm in Buffalo, NY and my TiVo on TWC does work with the HD-remapping.

If I try to view an SD version of a local network affiliate, I can't. I automatically get the HD version. So I get the HD version on 2 numbers... ie: 2 and 702.

We're set to get the new lineup in a few weeks.
__________________
--Chris
cwoody222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #46
ejsteelerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsteelerfan View Post
Similar problem to HowHH since the channel switchover by Time Warner: no HD. However, since I only have "Basic Cable" I've never needed the Tuning Adapter, just a cablecard. I'm starting to think my only option is to get a TA, since everyone at TW seems baffled by my problem. Anyone else running into this?
Update: Apparently Time Warner did something good overnight Sunday, because all is well. I have HD on the "low" channels (6,8,10, etc.) and the 1200 series equivalents. Just in time for "Agents of SHIELD".
ejsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #47
rich
Final answer?
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 620
We got the new channel numbers on October 22. It took me a couple of hours to get back to where I was. Did the Guided Setup to get the new channel lineup, and then had to redo the Season Passes since they were still in terms of the old channel number and had to be reentered one by one.
rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #48
kmilledge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4
So we just went through the major TWC lineup change in Columbia, SC. I had to rerun guided setup and manually recreate my season passes, which was all loads of fun (sarcasm). At first, I appeared to be getting all of the channels in HD, but now a week later, I'm only getting SD. Is this potentially a tuning adapter issue, or is there something else that I'm missing? Thanks
kmilledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #49
jetland
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6
@kmilledge Had the same TW surprise line-up change. Had to go through the same process. Now that my season passes are 90% back to normal, I wondered about the HD/SD. TW claims that they have enabled an Auto HD:

Quote:
Auto HD is a new feature that lets you find high definition (HD) programming more simply and easily. When Auto HD is turned on, the HD version of a show will automatically be displayed on the corresponding standard definition (SD) channel.

For example, if you change the channel to CNN in standard definition and have Auto HD turned on, CNN will automatically be displayed in HD. You’ll know you’re watching the channel in high definition because of an HD icon that appears on your screen in the channel banner.
I now record my SPass programs on the lower channels (2, 4, 6, etc) and they come out HD. I don't know how reliable this is for all channels but so far so good. TW still has specific HD channels on 1200 (ABC), 1203 (NBC), etc, but you shouldn't have to use those. No visible difference between the higher and lower channel options. I'm also using a tuning adapter. Hope that helps.
jetland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #50
mattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: sunnyvale
Posts: 15,869
I presume that means they simply changed the channel mapping.
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVo® is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |