TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #61
gweempose

I just watched the first two episodes last night. I'm enjoying it very much so far, but there are a few things that were a little ridiculous. For example ...

Spoiler:
How was she able to go into that hospital room, have sex with the guy in the coma, and make him flatline without anyone in the hospital noticing?

I was also confused by something concerning Sarah Paulson's character ...

Spoiler:
In the first scene with her husband, she seemed vehemently opposed to using witchcraft in order to get pregnant. The next thing you know she's having sex with him in a circle of fire. How did we get from point A to point B? I was getting kind of tired towards the end of the episode, so I may have missed something.

And I agree that we definitely need threads for individual episodes.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #62
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I just watched the first two episodes last night. I'm enjoying it very much so far, but there are a few things that were a little ridiculous. For example ...

Spoiler:
How was she able to go into that hospital room, have sex with the guy in the coma, and make him flatline without anyone in the hospital noticing?
Its...MAGIC!

I'm really enjoying this season. I still liked Season 2, but it was a letdown from the first. This might be the best yet.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #63
sharkster

Also agree with Secondclaw as to the soundtrack. Great songs! I cannot remember when I last heard In-a-gadda-da-vida, except on my iPod. Great high school memories from that piece.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #64
Tivortex
Cherished Member

If only the episodes were as scary as the opening sequence with it's spooky music and quick cut shots of scary stuff.
Old 10-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #65
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Just started watching the 1st episode, and for some reason, it didn't start till the 30 min mark. Thanks to TW on Demand, I got to catch all of it.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #66
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post

Spoiler:
Somewhat plausible based on my experience this summer.

Spoiler tags because it relates to your question.
Spoiler:

My wife was in the hospital for about a month total this summer. Depending on the floor/unit, this could happen. She was in 4 different units and the response time was wildly different. I would think that they would have been in the ICU which would nullify this possibility because ICU response time is ridiculously fast by nature. On other floors, however (pulmonary unit, for example), my wife was disconnected from her monitors, hit the call button, and it sometimes still took over 5 minutes to get a response.

TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #67
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivortex View Post

If only the episodes were as scary as the opening sequence with it's spooky music and quick cut shots of scary stuff.
It's interesting you should mention this. My wife doesn't like scary stuff, so she didn't watch the first two seasons with me. After seeing the first two episodes, I told her that she would probably enjoy this season, as it's not really that scary.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #68
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

I love this incarnation of the show, don't misunderstand- but the highly stylized commercials are far better than anything I've seen so far. This newest one that was shown on The Walking Dead last night (where Lange, Bates, and Basset snap the fans at the end) was truly beautiful.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #69
secondclaw

The stylized commercials caught my eye - I have not heard of this show before. I also love the opening sequence, with the levitation and dancing witches. I still hope to see that in the show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cearbhaill View Post
I love this incarnation of the show, don't misunderstand- but the highly stylized commercials are far better than anything I've seen so far. This newest one that was shown on The Walking Dead last night (where Lange, Bates, and Basset snap the fans at the end) was truly beautiful.

secondclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #70
Eptiger
TiVo N00b

I've only seen the pilot so far but I LOVED it!! I really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2. I think I liked 1 better than 2, but I'm surprised that so many of you bailed on season 2. I thought it an ending that was more satisfying instead of being a more conventional horror story ending.

This pilot though was certainly the best of the 3. It didn't set up much of a mystery like the other two seasons did, but I found it altogether super entertaining and better written (less corny dialogue). Plus, I thought character exposition was really concise and efficient. Oh, and I like this Jessica Lange incarnation best - a badass witch.

Anyone else impressed with the title sequences for each season, too? I love that they go through so much effort to shoot these elaborate title sequences. This show needs more Emmy nods for all the little details! Looks like the premiere got 5.54 million viewers.

Elton

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Eptiger is offline   Reply With Quote