TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #61
Joe Siegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
- fixed the occasional loud burst of static
This one freaked out my cats and my kids!

TiVo Roamio 75hr unmodified, TiVo Roamio 316hr/2TB, both OTA only.
Joe Siegler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 AM   #62
shortcut3d

Still getting pixelation on back to back recordings. It's brief and does not cause a pause or audio loss.
shortcut3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #63
TiVoMargret
VP of Design, TiVo

Quote:
Sorry, there is a Service change we forgot to make. It is in process. I will let you know when it is working.
Ok, it should work now. (You might need to connect to the TiVo Service once to get the change.)

--Margret
TiVo Inc. *
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TiVoMargret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:02 AM   #64
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradik View Post
While I doubt it, I'm hoping it's the framework for an Android Stream update....
No Android streaming until 2014, sorry.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #65
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post

Old 10-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #66
lessd

After this update I had to re-sign in to my Netflix account on my Roamio +, I also lost my place on Netflix (was easy to find but was an extra step). Have others saw this, or was I just lucky.

Old 10-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #67
anthonymoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
After this update I had to re-sign in to my Netflix account on my Roamio +, I also lost my place on Netflix (was easy to find but was an extra step). Have others saw this, or was I just lucky.
I had to re sign into Netflix on my Plus as well. Not sure what you mean by losing your place. Do you mean what point you were at in a paused show?

Btw any word whether the Netflix profiles UI is coming to Tivo? It's a really nice improvement IMO. PS3 and ATV both have it.
anthonymoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #68
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC25D View Post
Perhaps TiVo could exclude you from this update.
Jeez man, stop being such a fanboy. It's a valid beef.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #69
bobfrank

Quote:
- TiVo Minis can now remotely manage the To Do List and Season Pass Manager of the host TiVo DVR (as long as the DVR is running 20.3.7.1 or later).
Wishlist management is also now available from the menu or using the "3" shortcut.
bobfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #70
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
I had to re sign into Netflix on my Plus as well. Not sure what you mean by losing your place. Do you mean what point you were at in a paused show?

Btw any word whether the Netflix profiles UI is coming to Tivo? It's a really nice improvement IMO. PS3 and ATV both have it.
I was watching a Netflix TV series and I was into year 5 E3, when I signed in I was back to year 1 E1, it was easy to get back to year 5 E3 but it was extra steps. Does every update force you to sign back into Netflix ??

Old 10-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #71
patrickthickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by davezatz View Post

Damn, there are an overwhelming number of Android devices. We know it is do-able as Comcast supports it cleanly, DirectTV is spotty but it sometimes works.

patrick
patrickthickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #72
Dan203
Super Moderator

That should be remembered by Netflix's server. I use multiple devices to access Netflix and it remembers my place no matter which one I use, so this must be stored on the Netflix servers somewhere.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #73
TC25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Jeez man, stop being such a fanboy. It's a valid beef.
It's got nothing to do with being a fanboy. Swerver, and you, got your panties in a twist because TiVo decided to make it better but didn't implement what you wanted the first time.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #74
c3
TiVoholic

Quote:
- fixed several issues related to HDMI and various TVs where the UI/video would not display when the TV was turned on, or the box frequently rebooted when the TV was off
Just got my Roamio yesterday, and it downloaded the latest software. I have experienced blank screens twice which required "standby->out of standby" to restore. I have not found a way to reproduce it.
c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #75
Devx

Quote:
...This update does have some additional hidden goodness for Roamio, but I'm not ready to talk about that yet.
For all Roamios? There's a difference.

Either way, I appreciate the continued transparency and hope you can keep it up.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:17 AM   #76
HDRyder9

I got the latest update like everyone else. Unfortunately, now I only have 5 tuners that operate. Even more strange, if I have selected a tuner with the V58 error, and try to change it to another channel Tivo changes one of the other tuners to the channel I selected and leaves the broken tuner still on a non working channel.

Basically, I'm done to 5 tuners and I can only tune 4 of them.
HDRyder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #77
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC25D View Post
It's got nothing to do with being a fanboy. Swerver, and you, got your panties in a twist because TiVo decided to make it better but didn't implement what you wanted the first time.
It may or may not be better depending on what timeout (or none) that you want for the Mini and live TV. But disparaging people asking for a simple option to pick the timeout you want, along with all your other posts defending anything Tivo does, makes you a fanboy.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #78
tre74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRyder9 View Post
I got the latest update like everyone else. Unfortunately, now I only have 5 tuners that operate. Even more strange, if I have selected a tuner with the V58 error, and try to change it to another channel Tivo changes one of the other tuners to the channel I selected and leaves the broken tuner still on a non working channel.

Basically, I'm done to 5 tuners and I can only tune 4 of them.
I had something similar happen to my base Roamio the other day. One tuner was stuck to channel 9. This was strange because I am OTA and that channel does not exist. I tried changing the channel but it would stay put on that tuner and would change the others. So, I started recordings on each of the other tuners to lock them in place and then was able to change from the mystery channel on the last tuner and started a recording on a different channel to see if it would stay put. That seemed to do the trick. I'd never seen or heard of such a thing. My Premiere had some horrible quirks. The new Roamio has some new and freakier issues, but I still like it.
tre74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #79
TC25D

Quote:
...people asking for a simple option to pick the timeout you want, along with all your other posts defending anything Tivo does, makes you a fanboy.
This isn't what swerver did. He was rude.

Quote:
... along with all your other posts defending anything Tivo does, makes you a fanboy.
Someone has to offset the juvenile whining.

/end

Last edited by TC25D : 10-20-2013 at 05:49 PM.
TC25D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #80
elwaylite

Glad to see the Amazon fix!
Directv HR44/200
elwaylite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:45 PM   #81
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
It may or may not be better depending on what timeout (or none) that you want for the Mini and live TV. But disparaging people asking for a simple option to pick the timeout you want, along with all your other posts defending anything Tivo does, makes you a fanboy.
Just a "heads-up": Engaging in argument with TC25D is a waste of time, will only escalate, until he complains to a mod and/or reports your post(s), and you could end up on a temporary ban from the forums.

While I DID have a pattern of "bickering with multiple members", as the ban stated, I had also reconciled with many VIA PM, which the mods would not know (unless they read private IMs), nor would any other members.

In all fairness, I WAS given a public warning, by a mod, tried to just lay-low, and post helpful info in the HDD Upgrade Info thread, then slipped up and sniped back at TC25D. I was then in the process of a step-by-step guide for a certain drive model, for new member, which was never posted, because the ban had been placed while I spent a good chunk of time typing it up. The offending post, in response to TC25D, that resulted in the ban was removed by the mod.

This isn't intended as an attack on TC25D, but a warning to all, that out of all the "bickering" I had been involved in, this newcomer, with a rapidly rising post count, and their own patterns I have been observing, which I would consider "inciting bickering", is somebody who you may want to just consider placing on your "ignore" list. I have yet to see any posts from them that make me feel I'd be missing out on anything of value by doing so myself.

I've been told, via PM, by a few members, that they don't ignore me, because I have posted a lot that they have found of value, in technical matters, which they found helpful, or just didn't know before. I was also told that I should just ignore fanboy posts, and stop feeding the trolls. I really should have taken their advice.

Maybe I'll get back to how I used to be, and resist the urge to reply to everything directed at me. For now, I'm just lurking, and wishing I wasn't such an easy target, no matter what I post. I'm ashamed of some of my past and petty arguments, which will always be there for all to see.

This is my first post, since the ban, which ended weeks ago. I just don't want anybody else, to take the bait and find themselves in the same situation I did.

Also, since the majority of activity on here is now Roamio-related, I can't offer much, as I don't have one (yet). I'm one of those people who are gnashing their teeth over TiVo putting nearly all their effort into a new product, and releasing a record number of updates, in a record amount of time, while leaving so much unresolved with the Premiere. I'll likely remain silent, from this post-forward, until the fall Premiere update rolls, and a thread for it begins.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #82
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Slightly on-topic post:

Am I the ONLY Premiere owner that experienced the SAME and EXACT issues with Fox, trickplay, missed recordings on NON-SDV channels due to black screen, and so on?

I've been waiting for some sort of a thread to crossover between platforms.

Posting in a Premiere sub-thread would give this type of scenario little exposure, and certainly wouldn't be noticed by the TiVo deity, known as tivomargret.

Posting here, resolves that, but is only on-topic, in the sense of the issues. I'm posting, because TiVo hasn't been slinging updates or providing any real support for the Premiere (and they never did give such a level of priority to the Premiere throughout it's lifetime, in either respect).

If nobody makes sure they know (a little help here, tivomargret?), that the SAME THINGS *can* manifest on the Premiere platform, how can those of use lacking the funds to upgrade, make sure we also get the same issues resolved?

I found the many reports of the problems NOT happening for people who kept their Premieres in service, after buying a Roamio, discouraging. So, I hoped me experiencing them would be an isolated issue, and might not repeat. Well, it has, several times.

It was the same dates and the same premier episodes of programs, that I experienced the same things being reported ONLY in the Roamio sub-forums. The same kind of sporadic issues after those dates and programs. Now, it's happening less, but enough to make sure to schedule some programs on multiple TiVos, just in case. The Fox and trickplay issues affected every Premiere in the time-window that it did on Roamios, spawning multiple threads here, but ONLY in the Roamio sub-forums. Now, it's hit-and-miss, which units experience these issues, or don't. The issues with trickplay actually started, sporadically, before the date/programs reported around the Roamio areas...

Any suggestions on where and how a "crossover" issue thread belongs?

I feel certain, if they were able to squash these issues with the Roamio, they should also to be able to on the Premiere. I just don't see a right place for this, so I'm putting it here, where I know there are many eyes checking in often, especially tivomargret.

I'm trying my best to not come across as a complainer, or somebody who feels entitled to everything the new product has, for free. I just want to be sure that this fall update is not the last. I'm 99.999% certain, that there are no fixes in there for issues, of which this post seems to be the first reporting of.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 10-20-2013 at 09:35 PM. Reason: changed "SDV" to "NON-SDV"
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #83
sbiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
Slightly on-topic post:

Am I the ONLY Premiere owner that experienced the SAME and EXACT issues with Fox, trickplay, missed recordings on SDV due to black screen, and so on?

I've been waiting for some sort of a thread to crossover between platforms.

Posting in a Premiere sub-thread would give this type of scenario little exposure, and certainly wouldn't be noticed by the TiVo deity, known as tivomargret.

Posting here, resolves that, but is only on-topic, in the sense of the issues. I'm posting, because TiVo hasn't been slinging updates or providing any real support for the Premiere (and they never did give such a level of priority to the Premiere throughout it's lifetime, in either respect).

If nobody makes sure they know (a little help here, tivomargret?), that the SAME THINGS *can* manifest on the Premiere platform, how can those of use lacking the funds to upgrade, make sure we also get the same issues resolved?

I found the many reports of the problems NOT happening for people who kept their Premieres in service, after buying a Roamio, discouraging. So, I hoped me experiencing them would be an isolated issue, and might not repeat. Well, it has, several times.

It was the same dates and the same premier episodes of programs, that I experienced the same things only being reported ONLY in the Roamio sub-forums. The same kind of sporadic issues after those dates and programs. Now, it's happening less, but enough to make sure to schedule some programs on multiple TiVos, just in case. The Fox and trickplay issues affected every Premiere in the time-window that it did on Roamios, spawning multiple threads here, but ONLY in the Roamio sub-forums. Now, it's hit-and-miss, which units experience these issues, or don't. The issues with trickplay actually started, sporadically, before the date/programs reported around the Roamio areas...

Any suggestions on where and how a "crossover" issue thread belongs?

I feel certain, if they were able to squash these issues with the Roamio, they should also to be able to on the Premiere. I just don't see a right place for this, so I'm putting it here, where I know there are many eyes checking in often, especially tivomargret.

I'm trying my best to not come across as a complainer, or somebody who feels entitled to everything the new product has, for free. I just want to be sure that this fall update is not the last. I'm 99.999% certain, that there are no fixes in there for issues, of which this post seems to be the first reporting of.
Not sure whether you've seen the other thread related to the identified Cisco Tuning Adapter problem. Any fix to the Cisco firmware will help Premiere and Roamio users.
sbiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #84
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbiller View Post
Not sure whether you've seen the other thread related to the identified Cisco Tuning Adapter problem. Any fix to the Cisco firmware will help Premiere and Roamio users.
I am aware, unless there's more threads about it than I have already subbed to. Thanks for pointing it out, anyway. I'll poke around.

I knew as soon as I saw the letters SDV, in my post, while now reviewing it, that I was likely making it sound like it was easy to pin it all on the TA (I meant to say non-SDV). Fox isn't SDV for me, nor is 99% of my lineup. It's a handful of channels, like anything owned by Discovery Network, BBC America, and the rest being non-English, that are SDV, but they are slowly moving more (rather than drop analog, on their 1GHz network).

I'm going to fix that post error, because it was a mistake, since SDV problems are Cox/TA, and not TiVo (or very little to do with TiVo). I don't know why I even mentioned it, other than trying to avoid not making everybody think SDV was involved with the problems. Brain-fart moment.
Old 10-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #85
bbrown9

New odd thing

Football sometimes runs late so I have gotten into the habit of padding The Good Wife out for an extra hour just in case.

Tonight, I got two recordings. One with the title "The Good Wife" that started on time and ran for the original 1 hour that the show would normally be on. The second recording had the title "REC: 504 WBZDT 9:30pm" and ran for two hours. Usually when we pad a recording, there is only one recording and it is for the amount of tie you would expect.

This extra recording with an odd name is new behavior. I suspect it's a new bug introduced by the fix for the back-to-back recording issue.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #86
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrown9 View Post
Football sometimes runs late so I have gotten into the habit of padding The Good Wife out for an extra hour just in case.

Tonight, I got two recordings. One with the title "The Good Wife" that started on time and ran for the original 1 hour that the show would normally be on. The second recording had the title "REC: 504 WBZDT 9:30pm" and ran for two hours. Usually when we pad a recording, there is only one recording and it is for the amount of tie you would expect.

This extra recording with an odd name is new behavior. I suspect it's a new bug introduced by the fix for the back-to-back recording issue.
Are you sure you are someone else in your house didn't create a manual recording by time and channel? That is what it looks like based on the recording name. Of course it could be some type of bug but I have never seen such a bug.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #87
JWhites

Quote:
We will be releasing an update later today for TiVo Roamio and TiVo Mini.

Here is a list of some of the changes:
- TiVo Mini now waits 4 hours (instead of 90 minutes) of no remote control activity before prompting the user and then timing out of live TV and showing a screen saver
- new RF Remote Pairing screen for TiVo Roamio (Settings > Remote)
- fixed audio delay of 10+ seconds when unpausing a Netflix video with Dolby Digital+
- fixed macro-blocking of Amazon downloads
- fixed the occasional loud burst of static
- fixed several issues related to HDMI and various TVs where the UI/video would not display when the TV was turned on, or the box frequently rebooted when the TV was off
- improved the behavior of the RF remote in areas with WiFi interference
- fixed a MoCA encryption incompatibility between Roamio and Mini
- fixed issues related to overlapping recordings causing missed recordings and A/V glitching

The update should probably be available sometime after 4pm PT.
So....when are we going to see a detailed changelog for the Fall 2013 update for the TiVo Premiere since nothing here touches on the wide variety of problems that is plaguing the Premiere.

Last edited by JWhites : 10-21-2013 at 05:31 AM.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #88
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmedic View Post
Interesting.

When will the UI's look similar on the Minis and the Roamio (instead of the Minis having the old look)?

Still no word on when remote streaming is going to be activated?
There was a mention on DavidZatz website http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-10/...update-cometh/ about the Roamio UI being rolled out to MSO (RCN in particular) Premieres via a twitter post https://twitter.com/jnealis/status/380175886223671296 but makes no specific mention (only speculation) and there has been no confirmation (or even vague mention) from Margret that it will be rolled out to retail Premieres as well. If TiVo does allow the Roamio UI on Premieres, that would surprise and please me, since according to the Roamio FAQ it's never gonna happen.
Q: A new UI look and feel has been introduced on TiVo Roamio. Will a TiVo Premiere have access to this new look? Can I download it to a previous TiVo box?

A: No, the new look and feel is only available on the TiVo Roamio platform and will not be downloadable to any previous TiVo DVRs. The UI looks slightly different but the functionality and menus are exactly the same.
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:15 AM   #89
nooneuknow
TiVo User Since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
So....when are we going to see a detailed changelog for the Fall 2013 update for the TiVo Premiere since nothing here touches on the wide variety of problems that is plaguing the Premiere.
+1

[begin OT Premiere-related rant]

I'm happy to see somebody else has the balls to be asking some of the same things I would like answered, as well, and place them in a thread that TiVo is monitoring and posting in.

I'm not trying to hijack a thread. But, unless it's in a Roamio thread, these questions would likely never even be seen (at least not by TiVo).

TiVo seems to have "put all their eggs in one basket", the Roamio basket, while also leaving the Premiere owners with an empty basket, and not letting us know what happened to our eggs, or if they'll ever fix the hole in the bottom.

While I applaud TiVo's extreme shift in addressing bugs, in record speed, and quantity (for the Roamio), the Premiere NEVER got such resources/effort, especially even when the Premiere was a new product.

I do know WHY. TiVo is banking on MSO partnerships, with the Roamio. They HAVE TO keep their MSO partners and their respective customers happy, so they are stepping up their game. Since the hardware is the same, any bug fix for MSO partners, can also apply to retail customers.

When will we see detailed changelogs, which by existing at all, are an admission of issues/bugs with the Premiere platform? I think the true answer is "NEVER". They have few, if any, MSOs using them, and can get away with denying issues and bugs, by NOT providing such changelogs.

EDIT/ADD: Historically, TiVo has always denied bugs existed, unless they were absolutely certain they had a fix ready to roll. Even then, the only ones who were aware that a bug was known and being resolved by TiVo, were the beta testing participants, who were bound by an NDA to not speak of the inside knowledge they gained by participating, and any such acknowledgments. Then the update would roll, and most of the changelog data, if presented, amounted to "improvements" and/or "new features", if a changelog was even provided. Many have been griping about this for years, going all the way back to the S3/HD. Yet, again, I do applaud what TiVo is doing for the Roamio. I'm just not holding my breath on them shifting much effort to Premiere platforms, even once the Roamio rush has settled-down, nor over hope that they'll start acknowledging bugs and/or providing detailed changelogs for them either...

[end of Premiere-related rant]

Note: Any fanboy snipes or otherwise unproductive responses will be ignored. If I choose to ignore, it is not an admission that I agree, or concede.

Last edited by nooneuknow : 10-21-2013 at 06:39 AM. Reason: added a few comments
nooneuknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #90
ilkevinli

This section of the forums is for the Roamio not the Premiere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneuknow View Post
+1

[begin OT Premiere-related rant]

I'm happy to see somebody else has the balls to be asking some of the same things I would like answered, as well, and place them in a thread that TiVo is monitoring and posting in.

I'm not trying to hijack a thread. But, unless it's in a Roamio thread, these questions would likely never even be seen (at least not by TiVo).

TiVo seems to have "put all their eggs in one basket", the Roamio basket, while also leaving the Premiere owners with an empty basket, and not letting us know what happened to our eggs, or if they'll ever fix the hole in the bottom.

While I applaud TiVo's extreme shift in addressing bugs, in record speed, and quantity (for the Roamio), the Premiere NEVER got such resources/effort, especially even when the Premiere was a new product.

I do know WHY. TiVo is banking on MSO partnerships, with the Roamio. They HAVE TO keep their MSO partners and their respective customers happy, so they are stepping up their game. Since the hardware is the same, any bug fix for MSO partners, can also apply to retail customers.

When will we see detailed changelogs, which by existing at all, are an admission of issues/bugs with the Premiere platform? I think the true answer is "NEVER". They have few, if any, MSOs using them, and can get away with denying issues and bugs, by NOT providing such changelogs.

EDIT/ADD: Historically, TiVo has always denied bugs existed, unless they were absolutely certain they had a fix ready to roll. Even then, the only ones who were aware that a bug was known and being resolved by TiVo, were the beta testing participants, who were bound by an NDA to not speak of the inside knowledge they gained by participating, and any such acknowledgments. Then the update would roll, and most of the changelog data, if presented, amounted to "improvements" and/or "new features", if a changelog was even provided. Many have been griping about this for years, going all the way back to the S3/HD. Yet, again, I do applaud what TiVo is doing for the Roamio. I'm just not holding my breath on them shifting much effort to Premiere platforms, even once the Roamio rush has settled-down, nor over hope that they'll start acknowledging bugs and/or providing detailed changelogs for them either...

[end of Premiere-related rant]

Note: Any fanboy snipes or otherwise unproductive responses will be ignored. If I choose to ignore, it is not an admission that I agree, or concede.

ilkevinli is offline   Reply With Quote