TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #31
tivogurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by backspaces View Post
Or is there a list somewhere on my cable provider?
I just used my cableco's list. They make it easy by making HD channels +1000 i.e. channel 79 = SD, channel 1079 = HD.
tivogurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:55 PM   #32
moyekj

Rather than wait for TiVo to fix these HDUI Wishlist issues (which may never happen) I've got an implementation in kmttg (will be in next release) which mimics the TiVo functionality. You can setup simple or complex wishlists with boolean operators and save/recall them. You can view upcoming recording matches and choose to record, setup season pass, etc all through kmttg. This also makes the wishlists portable since they no longer reside on any one TiVo. It also allows for additional functionality such as limiting wishlist matches to specified list of channels only.
I'll have auto record wishlists on my TiVos and setup all non-auto record types on kmttg instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #33
Number528

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Rather than wait for TiVo to fix these HDUI Wishlist issues (which may never happen) I've got an implementation in kmttg (will be in next release) which mimics the TiVo functionality.
Awesome. This has always been a weak spot in Tivoland, even before the latest changes.

Thanks!
Number528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #34
moyekj

I was playing with HDUI Wishlists briefly yesterday and unless I'm missing something obvious it's not even possible to setup advanced wishlists with boolean logic anymore. I still can't believe how badly TiVo crippled the wishlist interface.

In any case, I just released a new version of kmttg with several improvements to Advanced Search dialog which matches the old advanced wishlists capabilities. You can also for example search for a category such as "Movies", restrict to a certain year and restrict to a minimum star rating. i.e. Basically an attempt to fill missing wishlist capabilities of the TiVo UI.

Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #35
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
I was playing with HDUI Wishlists briefly yesterday and unless I'm missing something obvious it's not even possible to setup advanced wishlists with boolean logic anymore. I still can't believe how badly TiVo crippled the wishlist interface.

In any case, I just released a new version of kmttg with several improvements to Advanced Search dialog which matches the old advanced wishlists capabilities. You can also for example search for a category such as "Movies", restrict to a certain year and restrict to a minimum star rating. i.e. Basically an attempt to fill missing wishlist capabilities of the TiVo UI.
As to your first point, unless I'm confused, the boolean logic is still available. I have ARWL with several "+" and "-" qualifiers, plus titles. If you could specify what you are missing, I can comment further.

Your 2nd point sounds great. I don't use kmttg, but with each passing day the UMF strikes deeper.
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #36
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
As to your first point, unless I'm confused, the boolean logic is still available. I have ARWL with several "+" and "-" qualifiers, plus titles. If you could specify what you are missing, I can comment further.
Just trying it now on a Roamio Pro:
* Clicked on "Create a new WishList Search"
* Scrolled to and selected Keyword
* Presented with a keyboard to add some text. There's no mention anywhere of using "+" and "-" or adding brackets around text to make it optional, and I don't see how to add "+" character or brackets. Pressing Thumbs Up/Down simply changes to upper/lower case letters on the virtual keyboard.

Maybe it's a case of RTFM but it doesn't seem obvious to me how to add boolean logic using the current HDUI Wishlists on a Roamio. Please tell me how you did it?

EDIT: Well now I did RTFM - page 25 of the user guide below for Roamio talks about creating wishlists, and there's nothing about how to create advanced wishlists, so indeed looks like they took all that away from the UI:
http://assets.tivo.com/assets/resour..._19AUG2013.pdf

NOTE: I can still create advanced wishlists on the Roamio via kmttg, but it doesn't seem possible with the TiVo UI anymore, so somebody at TiVo decided advanced wishlists were not worth supporting/providing anymore. Given the seemingly lack of complaints by most TiVo Roamio users apparently not many use them.

Last edited by moyekj : 10-20-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #37
Devx

Quote:
...EDIT: Well now I did RTFM - page 25 of the user guide below for Roamio talks about creating wishlists, and there's nothing about how to create advanced wishlists, so indeed looks like they took all that away from the UI:
http://assets.tivo.com/assets/resour..._19AUG2013.pdf

NOTE: I can still create advanced wishlists on the Roamio via kmttg, but it doesn't seem possible with the TiVo UI anymore, so somebody at TiVo decided advanced wishlists were not worth supporting/providing anymore. Given the seemingly lack of complaints by most TiVo Roamio users apparently not many use them.
That's odd considering you discovered advanced wishlists are still supported. It seems a decision was made to simplify the UI or revisit it later, hopefully before the end of the Roamio product lifecycle.

Only Tivo has the full data, but wishlists are an advanced feature, some of which can be accomplished by alternate methods. I'm not a betting person, but if I were, I would bet some are using those alternate methods instead and using only the most basic wishlist functionality, assuming they are even aware the functionality exists.
THD 2TB x 2
Humax S2 300GB (retired)
Devx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Just trying it now on a Roamio Pro:
* Clicked on "Create a new WishList Search"
* Scrolled to and selected Keyword
* Presented with a keyboard to add some text. There's no mention anywhere of using "+" and "-" or adding brackets around text to make it optional, and I don't see how to add "+" character or brackets. Pressing Thumbs Up/Down simply changes to upper/lower case letters on the virtual keyboard.
Create the txt or phrase. Arrow over to the right and save it (Save and Add Another will save a step). Now the txt you added is listed below the menu choices (lower right of screen). Each time you add something, it gets added to the list on the lower right.

Now Arrow to one of the phrases listed, and THEN hit the Thumbs.

One change from previous software is before you hit Thumbs Up to cycle thru the Boolean choices. Now T-Up makes it optional, T-Down makes it anti-optional (what's the word for this?)

You can do this for each area where multiple choices are allowed. For example, you can do it for actors or keywords, but not Categories, where only one is allowed.

And the manual doesn't mention this AT ALL.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
moyekj

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Create the txt or phrase. Arrow over to the right and save it (Save and Add Another will save a step). Now the txt you added is listed below the menu choices (lower right of screen). Each time you add something, it gets added to the list on the lower right.

Now Arrow to one of the phrases listed, and THEN hit the Thumbs.

One change from previous software is before you hit Thumbs Up to cycle thru the Boolean choices. Now T-Up makes it optional, T-Down makes it anti-optional (what's the word for this?)

You can do this for each area where multiple choices are allowed. For example, you can do it for actors or keywords, but not Categories, where only one is allowed.

And the manual doesn't mention this AT ALL.
Bingo. Thanks! Pretty well hidden functionality I must say, but glad to see it still present.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #40
moyekj

Quote:
2. When using the "upcoming" feature when you push into show details of a match and the left arrow out of it you are thrown to the top of the "upcoming" list every single time. Extremely annoying if you are going through a big list and trying to pick out individual recordings to schedule.
FYI, thankfully 20.3.7 software release fixed this bug.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #41
Rodney
TiVo'd since 9/17/01

Just got the Roamio Pro this week and I am sorely disappointed in the downgraded WL.
I rarely use Auto Record, so that is a negative for me.
Am I missing something? I cannot believe that HD is not an option in categories. I don't want to delete all the SD channels just to have specific WL with HD as an option.

-Rodney
3 TiVo Premieres expanded to 318 HD hours
1 Roamio Pro w/lifetime
Rodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #42
Tivo II Jack

I have had Tivo Desktop Plus on my computer for years but have not really used it very much. Today, I was editing my Wishlists and decided it would be easier with Tivo Desktop. When rearranging Wishlists via my Tivo box, I do so using Season Pass Manager and since my wishlists are very specific, I keep all of them at the top of the Season Pass list.

I signed into Tivo Desktop and saw that no Wishlist items are included in the Season Pass list. Is there any way to add, edit or copy or even view Wishlist Items using Tivo Desktop?
Tivo II Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #43
astrohip
Stuart F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
Just got the Roamio Pro this week and I am sorely disappointed in the downgraded WL.
I rarely use Auto Record, so that is a negative for me.
Am I missing something? I cannot believe that HD is not an option in categories. I don't want to delete all the SD channels just to have specific WL with HD as an option.

-Rodney
It's not an option under "Wishlist Options", but it is an option under "Recording Options". So when it is set to Auto-Record, you can make it HD Only, or not.

However, when it is NOT set to auto-record, and you intend to use the WL just to see what matches, there is no HD-Only setting.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #44
moyekj

SIGH... 20.3.8 software is a regression for wishlists. I updated 1st post with annoying issue that is back again with 20.3.8:

2. When using the "upcoming" feature when you push into show details of a match and the left arrow out of it you are thrown to the top of the "upcoming" list every single time. Extremely annoying if you are going through a big list and trying to pick out individual recordings to schedule.

I mean, really? It's such an obvious bug I can't believe it gets overlooked so easily.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #45
mattack

This is true for *EVERY* "View Upcoming" screen, not just wishlists.

This, and the lack of channel up/down working in all screens, are the HUUUUGEST regressions in usability for the HD UI, IMHO. (Though even on my Premiere 4, I stuck with the HD UI, mostly because of a feature most people think is worthless -- free space indicator. Yes, I want to/do micromanage the space to make sure nothing of mine gets deleted AND my future shows get recorded -- which I can't do if I set everything as KUID..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote