TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 AM   #1
Banditcane

I need help sometimes my Tivo Desktop does not transfer the entire program to my PC

It will go to the same spot on the transfer and just stop transferring from my Tivo to my PC. It doesn't happen for every program but it has happened more than 5 times. Please help. Thanks
Banditcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditcane View Post
It will go to the same spot on the transfer and just stop transferring from my Tivo to my PC. It doesn't happen for every program but it has happened more than 5 times. Please help. Thanks
If your PC's My TiVo Recordings folder is located on a FAT32 file system format partition instead of an NTFS file system format partition, then there is a limit of how big a file can be (4GB) that turns a 2hr show (recorded in standard definition) into about the first 1 hour and 55 minutes.

This may or may not be what's causing your particular problem, but it's the best I can come up with given how little information you've given us with which to work.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Audio / video glitches and signal dropouts also cause transfers to stop.

Look to see where the incomplete transfer ends on the PC and then find that spot in the recording on the Tivo.
If there is an audio/video glitch or a signal drop at that spot, then that's (usually) the answer to why the transfer was interrupted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Banditcane

Thanks I think that is the problem but the picture just barely had a glitch. Is there anyway to get past this problem. Thanks for you help.
Banditcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
caddyroger

I have the same problem but I hope I have fixed it. I did what Steve614 said to do. I went to the spot where it stopped transferring. At that point there was a lot of micro blocking. With my setup I have 2 comcast hd stb, my tivo and my modem. I did have a special splitter that was supposed to not have any signal loss. I replaced it with a regular 4 way splitter. I will not know if it work or not for another month.
You could check and make sure that the antenna connections are tight and that splitters are ok if you have them.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditcane View Post
Thanks I think that is the problem but the picture just barely had a glitch. Is there anyway to get past this problem. Thanks for you help.
There are two options that I know of.

The first requires owning two Tivos and using MRV to get around the glitch.
What you do is pause the program on the source Tivo just after the glitch, then you go to the target Tivo and transfer the program from the paused point. You then transfer the truncated program from the target Tivo to the PC.

The second involves using PyTivo or KMTTG on the PC to transfer the program. I don't remember which one offers it, but one of those programs has a "resume transfer" option which is similar to the transfer from paused point on a Tivo.

Both methods will result in you having two incomplete files on the PC which requires video editing software to 'stitch' the two pieces together to get a complete program.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
<snip>The second involves using PyTivo or KMTTG on the PC to transfer the program. I don't remember which one offers it, but one of those programs has a "resume transfer" option which is similar to the transfer from paused point on a Tivo.<snip>
It's kmttg "resume Downloads" option. I believe it only works on a Series 3. At least I can't get it to work on my Series 2 and I know that TiVo broke it for Series 4s ( and presumably Series 5s).

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 AM   #8
lpwcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyroger View Post
I tried that with my Elite and it did not work.
As I said...

"Jessica Fletcher visits Midsomer. Carnage ensues!"
lpwcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:28 AM   #9
ggieseke

If you have a Premiere or Roamio, setting Desktop to use the faster transport stream method may help.
ggieseke is offline   Reply With Quote