TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #1
tlw_2

Premiere Fall Update 2013

Signed my box up requesting the 2013 Fall update.

Anyone received it yet? Would like to know version #.

tw
tlw_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

It hasn't been released yet, probably before Oct 31st - SW Vers 20.3.7.1 according to Margret.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...61#post9860061
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoMargret View Post
Yes, this is the "Fall Update". 20.3.7.1 will be available to TiVo Premiere boxes later this month. (http://www.tivo.com/priority to get your Premiere to the front the list.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
jrtroo
User

Once it is released, you are sure to see several threads talking about it. Rest assured, it will not be without both praise and critics and will not be released quietly.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
slowbiscuit
FUBAR

Yep, pretty much guaranteed they'll fix some stuff, add some new stuff, and break other stuff and/or ignore stuff that's still broken.

It's the Tivo Way.
slowbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #5
GameJerk

Any idea what this update will be fixing?
GameJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
MeInDallas

Supposedly one thing will be the "no suggestions" issue people have been having.
MeInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #7
Curt

Set your expectations low and you won't be disappointed.
Curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:34 AM   #8
JWhites

I'm at a loss for what exactly the update is supposed to bring since I've heard no specific information on the exact date of when it'll be rolled out, unlike the update for Roamio that got pushed out on October 17th with a great long changelog. There has been a vague mention of an improved Netflix application somewhere online, but of course without that Premiere specific changelog it's all going to be speculation. If this is supposed to be the exact same update for the Roamio why wasn't it released on the same day? Does TiVo need these extra days to screw it up so we'll be disgusted and purchase Roamios?
JWhites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #9
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWhites View Post
I'm at a loss for what exactly the update is supposed to bring since I've heard no specific information on the exact date of when it'll be rolled out, unlike the update for Roamio that got pushed out on October 17th with a great long changelog.
Why would Margaret post a change log for an update which isn't out yet?

Via various back channels, I can tell you it'll bring DTA, more HD screens, a variety of bug fixes. I'm well over 50/50 new Netlifx, Youtube, and DIAL will make an appearance without the Roamio UI elements expected next year. I'm sure there will be other and more detailed info available when the time comes.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
JWhites

Dave, so we can know what to expect and look forward to and know what is going to be fixed and what is not, instead of us trying to figure out what they fixed and didn't fix, and what was broken and what wasn't broken like we did for the 20.3.1 update. How good are your back channels? I saw your page about the update and the twitter post about the Roamio UI coming in 2014 but I don't know if it's gonna come for retail units or if it's just going to be for MSO units from RCN. I don't want to get disappointed, ya know? What is DIAL? What bug fixes specifically are going to be fixed? Are they going to fix the dang program description truncation or bring back the motherboard temperature degree symbol or the many other things they broke in the 20.3.1 update?

Last edited by JWhites : 10-21-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #11
davezatz
Funkadelic

Quote:
Dave, so we can know what to expect and look forward to and know what is going to be fixed and what is not, instead of us trying to figure out what they fixed and didn't fix, and what was broken and what wasn't broken like we did for the 20.3.1 update.
Margret has confirmed a few fixes along the way, just not in a list. If this release really does include Netflix and YouTube updates, they may also be planning a press unveil of some sort. Likewise, my Spidey sense is signaling out-of-home Roamio streaming is a lock for this month. Just a question of this week or next.
davezatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #12
jrtroo
User

So you want to bitch about what is not included sooner rather than later? That makes no sense to me but you can request anything you like.

Margret has done a great job providing us a sheet of notes upon the initial priority release. Your complaints seem premature, as there is nothing to indicate this will not take place this time around.

Last edited by jrtroo : 10-21-2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: clarity
jrtroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #13
DCIFRTHS
I dumped SDV / cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post
So you want to bitch about what is not included sooner rather than later? That makes no sense to me but you can request anything you like.

Margret has done a great job providing us a list upon the initial release to those who signed up for the priority release. Your complaints seem premature, as there is nothing to indicate this will not take place this time around.
I signed up for the release. Do you know if there is an official thread regarding the sign up?
DCIFRTHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #14
philw1776

Thanks for the info on the release. Is there any word on fixes to TiVo desktop for MACs? Can't display my photo library on Premier. Get database error and have rebuilt iPhoto libraries, repaired disk permissions, etc. to address possible problems on the MAC end.
philw1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:43 PM   #15
JWhites

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtroo View Post

Margret has done a great job providing us a sheet of notes upon the initial priority release. Your complaints seem premature, as there is nothing to indicate this will not take place this time around.
Still waiting for release notes on 20.3.1 to see what they added to justify all that they broke.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #16
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
Is there any word on fixes to TiVo desktop for MACs?
TiVo Desktop is a separate product and has been stale for quite some time. If they are working on an update, which I doubt, then it's unlikely to coincide with a software release for the TiVo itself.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
BlackBetty
I <3 TiVo!

Anyone get this yet?
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #18
NotNowChief
Addicted to TiVo

If it doesn't include DTA I'm going to be very disappointed...again.
TiVo HDXL TCD658000
TiVo HD TCD652160 + WD 500GB Expander
Retired: Philips Series 1 HDR212 & TiVo Series 2 540080
NotNowChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #19
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty View Post
Anyone get this yet?
I suspect the day it starts rolling out, there will be several threads...
Old 10-23-2013, 06:14 AM   #20
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
I suspect the day it starts rolling out, there will be several threads...
Hopefully one major thread by Margret with a list of bug fixes and added features. One can only hope.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:28 AM   #21
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
Hopefully one major thread by Margret with a list of bug fixes and added features. One can only hope.
But you can count on about a dozen of the first people to notice it racing to their computers/phones and starting threads!

(I wonder if the mods get advance notice? "Mod alert! Mod alert! Man the merge buttons!")
Old 10-23-2013, 10:08 AM   #22
bayern_fan

They could make Tivo Desktop somewhat relevant again by adding desktop streaming capabilities
bayern_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #23
bradleys
It'll be fine....

That old application isn't worth the effort. I would rather see them create a web based TiVo stream solution.

Get the Android version done, then a nice browser based TiVo to Go and they would be in really good shape.
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
Jackamus

Only wish that TiVo was faster at updating software. They tend to be extremely slow and not fully forth coming with what is being fixed or updated. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy my TiVo's a lot. Just would like to see bugs fixed faster. Also, on the premiere line, it would be nice doe the UI to be updated so that it can be a little faster. I've read an update to the UI is coming next year. Hopefully that is the case. :-)
Old 10-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
socrplyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNowChief View Post
If it doesn't include DTA I'm going to be very disappointed...again.
It has already been announced on many sites that it does include it...
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2013-10/...update-cometh/
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #26
Dan203
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackamus View Post
Also, on the premiere line, it would be nice doe the UI to be updated so that it can be a little faster. I've read an update to the UI is coming next year. Hopefully that is the case. :-)
It's unlikely the UI will get any faster. The Premiere line is limited by an underpowered CPU. If you want a faster UI get a Roamio, it has a much faster CPU and a much faster UI.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #27
JWhites

I still think if the UI was moved into the cloud or something it would be faster because it wouldn't rely on the CPU or the GPU just the speed of the internet connection it's attached to.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #28
shamilian

Quote:
I still think if the UI was moved into the cloud or something it would be faster because it wouldn't rely on the CPU or the GPU just the speed of the internet connection it's attached to.
More likely they will force everyone to buy and IPAD for the UI.
shamilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #29
dianebrat
Uncontrolled Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamilian View Post
More likely they will force everyone to buy and IPAD for the UI.
Can you translate that in to something that possibly makes sense please? tyvm...
Old 10-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #30
Renesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Can you translate that in to something that possibly makes sense please? tyvm...
Instead of using a remote control you would load an app on the iPad and use it to control the TiVo.

I already do that in some sense. The iPad TiVo app is a lot faster than the Premiere interface so I use it whenever I can.
Renesis is offline   Reply With Quote