TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-18-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
gordonisnz

Delete / reboot TODO list ?

Hello. i'm on series 3 / TCD663320

Im not sure this can be done - but my TODO list often gets shows not recording "This program was not recorded because it was no longfer in the program guide." (i get the same text if its a future show not going to record).

is there a way i can

a) KEEP my season pass things and
b) erase / delete / reboot my TODO list.

(Hopefully it will only show TV shows that are actually listed in the guide)
gordonisnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:24 AM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonisnz View Post
Hello. i'm on series 3 / TCD663320

Im not sure this can be done - but my TODO list often gets shows not recording "This program was not recorded because it was no longfer in the program guide." (i get the same text if its a future show not going to record).

is there a way i can

a) KEEP my season pass things and
b) erase / delete / reboot my TODO list.

(Hopefully it will only show TV shows that are actually listed in the guide)
Is that an Australian unit?

The TiVo tends to "think" in terms of shows rather than times and channels, unless you set up a manual recording.

If a show is no longer in the program guide, then the TiVo is not going to record that channel at that time unless you set it up manually, or you find out what is in the program guide for that time and channel and tell it to record that.

As far as I know you have to go through the To Do List one entry at a time and delete the entries individually--quickest way is to highlight the entry with the up or down arrow keys and then hit the little "clear" button on the bottom left of the remote, and then hit "Select" to confirm.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

You can run a "Clear Program Information & ToDo List", which is found under TiVo Central -> Messages & Settings -> Restart or Reset System.

According to the warning screen, your season passes will not be deleted, but it will delete any Wishlist searches you have set up and will clear your thumb ratings.

Once that is done, you can force a call to the TiVo service to re-download the program info, or you can just wait for the TiVo to call in automatically.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
PeteTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
You can run a "Clear Program Information & ToDo List", which is found under TiVo Central -> Messages & Settings -> Restart or Reset System.

According to the warning screen, your season passes will not be deleted, but it will delete any Wishlist searches you have set up and will clear your thumb ratings.

Once that is done, you can force a call to the TiVo service to re-download the program info, or you can just wait for the TiVo to call in automatically.
I was thinking of doing this before an MFS Backup, but was confused about one part... Season Passes. I want to KEEP my season passes, but don't care about keeping all the guide data and the current todo list.

I read some other threads that said "Clear Program Information & ToDo List" does delete the season passes. These were older threads (from 2006 and 2011 I think), so maybe it depends on the software version? Is this something that was changed at some point?

Assuming it keeps the season passes... then after the "Clear Program Information & ToDo List" and a call has been forced (or waited for the auto) and all post processing has been done, will all shows with season passes be re-added to the TODO list?

Assuming that's true, then it sounds like the only thing that should be different would be: wish lists need to be re-added and any manual recordings need to be re-added. True or not?
PeteTV is offline   Reply With Quote