TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #661
rocket777

Unlike other backdoors, the 30skip appears to be sticky across reboots, so set it once and forget it. That's nice.

I continue to get bit by the tivo going live, and it's forever spoiling my delayed viewing of sports. The zoom key is supposed to return you to the show you were last watching, but it often goes live, so I've had to avoid that otherwise nice feature.

I had to turn off the pip video window for the same reason. And if I go into the guide, it still shows the pip window of a game I'm watching (even though I set the video window to off in settings->display), if I drill down on some entry in the guide, say recording options, when I return from that page it does a screen resolution change and goes live on some tuner. At least with 4 tuners, the chances are less that it goes to my game. I'm not sure how it decides which tuner to go live on.

I now also make it a habit of going to standby before shutting off the TV. And when I turn on the tv, I first click the tivo button a few times to make sure it doesn't go live on me.

To get around some of the issues with skipping not how I like it, I've been using the kmttg program and run it on my laptop. This has several nice additional commands to allow skipping with a single button click. Of course, it means you need a computer running and a mouse. It's based on some ipad app that let's you control the tivo.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote