TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
brianric

Survivor - The Dead Can Still Talk OAD 10-16-13

Candice must be a real b**** to live with. Why is she and others that hold a grudge realize it is a game. They take every vote against them as something personal. I'm now rooting for Brad Culpepper, just for his attitude about how Survivor should be played.

Last edited by brianric : 10-16-2013 at 09:40 PM.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #2
InterMurph

His attitude was ****ty when he was in control, then suddenly humble and understanding when he got voted out. He has no chance of winning.

I was pulling for Candice to win the challenge, but the game is definitely more intersting with Culpeper in it.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Azlen

Laura Morett posted this on Facebook. Obviously regarding the massage she gave to Aras.

https://www.facebook.com/LauraMorett...53414980045372

“To all my family and friends: I knew going into this that I was taking the chance of the risk of the “edit” of Hollywood. Tonights episode of Survivor does just that. They have taken a COMPLETELY innocent situation and make it look “Intimate”. Those of you that know me, know my heart and how much I love and value my Faith, my husband & my family, and those of you that don’t, you are going to think want you want, but please know that I would have given that same massage to my sons. So that is why I am so offended by how CBS is implying anything inappropriate. Please hang in there with me, I know it doesn’t make sense now, but it will as the weeks go by. If you think this show has been intense so far…..just wait….the excitement is just about to start. Thank you for all your support. It REALLY means a lot to both Ciera Morett Eastin and myself. Please join Ciera Morett Eastin and myself at Gilgamesh Brewing to watch tonights episode. Thanks again. Keeping the Faith”
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #4
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
Candice must be a real b**** to live with. When is she and others that hold a grudge realize it is a game. They take every vote against them as something personal. I'm now rooting for Brad Culpepper, just for his attitude about how Survivor should be played.

Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #5
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I'm sorry to see Candice go and even sorrier to see Brad stay.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
brianric

Dalton's blog http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivo...ter-episode-5/
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
bryhamm
randomize

Voting off Laura M could hurt them in future challenges if there is a puzzle.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
nmiller855

I was a little disturbed that Monica just parroted the words back to her husband like that is what she has been trained to do. I realize the show is edited but that made her look like a Stepford wife.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
bryhamm
randomize

Can't figure out why John would give Monica the clue again. Too obvious that she would burn it. Obviously he can't know that she is in the power group on that tribe, but he could try and give it to someone on his original tribe.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #10
tiams

I do not like it when people who are already multi-millionaires get the chance to play Survivor or any other reality game. The prize should be life changing for the winner. Therefore I want the Culpeppers gone. Similarly, on TAR I want the women marrried to pro baseball players to lose (I haven't watched since week 1 so I don't know if they are still there, so I'm not spoiling anything).

Additionally, it does not seem fair for married couples to be playing against people who are related in other ways because married people in effect have double the chance of winning as say two brothers. Whether the wife or the husband wins, the money legally belongs to both of them.
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I do not like it when people who are already multi-millionaires get the chance to play Survivor or any other reality game. The prize should be life changing for the winner. Therefore I want the Culpeppers gone. Similarly, on TAR I want the women marrried to pro baseball players to lose (I haven't watched since week 1 so I don't know if they are still there, so I'm not spoiling anything)...
I totally disagree

I want the best player to win. Their financial status means nothing to me.
Just like I don't agree with the "he/she is poor and deserves the money more" logic.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #12
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmyers View Post
I totally disagree

Just like I don't agree with the "he/she is poor and deserves the money more" logic.
I totally agree.

Another pet peeve of mine at final tribal council is "what do you plan on doing with the money?" It's no one else business.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #13
tiams

Quote:
I totally disagree

I also disagree with anyone winning because they "deserve" it more. And I agree that the person who plays the best game should win. But give the chance to play the game and win on merit to everyday people; people whose entire life could be completely changed with a million bucks (which is most people).
tiams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
late for dinner
Past Expiration Date

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiams View Post
I do not like it when people who are already multi-millionaires get the chance to play Survivor or any other reality game. The prize should be life changing for the winner. Therefore I want the Culpeppers gone. Similarly, on TAR I want the women marrried to pro baseball players to lose (I haven't watched since week 1 so I don't know if they are still there, so I'm not spoiling anything).
you do not know for sure if they're wealthy or not.
Old 10-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #15
pmyers

Quote:
I totally agree.

Another pet peeve of mine at final tribal council is "what do you plan on doing with the money?" It's no one else business.
OMG...I HATE THAT QUESTION. I swear if I ever make it to a final on one of these show and somebody asks me that stupid question, I'm gonna go OFF!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
brianric

Quote:
OMG...I HATE THAT QUESTION. I swear if I ever make it to a final on one of these show and somebody asks me that stupid question, I'm gonna go OFF!
Letterman has an ongoing gag, where he introduces someone in the audience who won a Nobel prize. Letterman asks the guy what he's going to do with the money. The response is hookers and beer.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #17
Azlen

Quote:
I agree that it shouldn't be a factor in determining who should win, but jurors can use just about any criteria they want in casting their vote. If someone wants to vote based on how each person will use the money, it is fully within their rights to ask. There also isn't a rule that anyone has to answer jury questions truthfully either.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:07 PM   #18
pmyers

Quote:
Letterman has an ongoing gag, where he introduces someone in the audience who won a Nobel prize. Letterman asks the guy what he's going to do with the money. The response is hookers and beer.
I promise to use that line, should the time come!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
I agree that it shouldn't be a factor in determining who should win, but jurors can use just about any criteria they want in casting their vote. If someone wants to vote based on how each person will use the money, it is fully within their rights to ask. There also isn't a rule that anyone has to answer jury questions truthfully either.
pick a number

Old 10-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #20
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

Quote:
That's the PC version. Hookers and blow is the correct answer.

meh
heySkippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 AM   #21
VegasVic
Craps Player

This was a bleh episode for me. Glad Candice is gone, I hate Survivor whiners, especially one who has played before. I also don't care who may or may not need the money, I just want an entertaining game.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #22
LifeIsABeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterMurph View Post
I was pulling for Candice to win the challenge, but the game is definitely more intersting with Culpeper in it.
I was pulling for Candice and Culpeper. Having them alone together (at least till the next person shows up) on redemption would be great.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #23
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I totally disagree

While I agree with you once they are in the game, I'd much rather see players in the game to begin with where the money means something more. Just a personal preference. Once the game begins, I couldn't care less who "needs" it more.

I also hate when they cast wanna be actors or friends of producers or staff members (as someone charted in one of these threads once...that it seems half the newbies are now recruited rather than auditioned.) We wrote about the producers manipulating these games in another thread, but in many cases recruiting people into these games because they are a certain type or a friend of someone involved in the show is manipulation. I'd much rather they audition players who REALLY wanna be on the show.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
MikeekiM
Palindromer

BTW, how is the money paid? I hadn't realized that AGT paid the $1M over a 40 year period... Hadn't really caught that until I watched the credits at the and and I saw that little footnote on the payout.... $25,000 a year is not a huge payout... I assume most will take the current value of the prize which is probably closer to a third of the money (maybe even less after taxes)...
  • Game Consoles: PS3, XBox 360, Wii
MikeekiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #25
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeekiM View Post
BTW, how is the money paid? I hadn't realized that AGT paid the $1M over a 40 year period... Hadn't really caught that until I watched the credits at the and and I saw that little footnote on the payout.... $25,000 a year is not a huge payout... I assume most will take the current value of the prize which is probably closer to a third of the money (maybe even less after taxes)...
Yeah...I can't believe that AGT BS! Imagine having to split that 1/3 between a big group? I guess it's not about the prize but what you can parlay the fame into once the show ends.

I do believe that Survivor is a 1 time payment.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #26
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Yeah...I can't believe that AGT BS! Imagine having to split that 1/3 between a big group? I guess it's not about the prize but what you can parlay the fame into once the show ends.

Yeah, it seems in the past there would be something about the winner being on the today show the next day to get their check (maybe this is BB and not survivor though).

Old 10-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

Forgive my ignorance, what is AGT?
Old 10-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #28
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Forgive my ignorance, what is AGT?
America's Got Talent

Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #29
Amnesia
The Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
Yeah, it seems in the past there would be something about the winner being on the today show the next day to get their check (maybe this is BB and not survivor though).
Survivor is on CBS and The Today Show is on NBC...
Amnesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #30
laria
Librocubicularist

They did used to get a check live on The Early Show, or whatever CBS's show is/was called, but they don't do that anymore.