TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #31
thyname

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutGolfn View Post
I've emailed her as well and provided all info. I hope she and the team fix the black screen issue quickly its very annoying. Seems like plenty of people are having it occur on their roamio as well.
And yet, if you call Tivo customer support, they always tell you that it is the first time they hear this.
thyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #32
bbrown9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Have they said what causes the reboot? I've never had Netflix cause a reboot on my Roamio.

If the reboot is caused from a network drop, I did not have any issues last night watching Netflix with my Roamio connected to a green switch.
No, they haven't. I gave TiVoMargret my TSN but I haven't heard back. I don't have a green switch and I don't believe it was a network drop but I can't prove that. I saw no other signs of having any network issues at the time.
bbrown9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 PM   #33
keithkemp

Thanks for posting about the Seattle Fox issue! I've been working with support on this and thus far it's been blamed on the cablecard setup from the provider, the cablecard it self, and most recently my strong signal strength. I have not other issues besides my Fox not recording full channels and the wierd forward/rewind. Sounds like I just need to make sure my TiVo updated and I'll be fixed. It's a shame I've wasted so much time trying things with support. I was just about to install attenuators to get the signal down. I think I'll skip that for now.
keithkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #34
NJChris
Moogs!

I have to say since this update my wifi (5ghz N) has been solid. I would often get problems when streaming to my premiere or ipad. after 10 mins it would stop and i'd have to re-start it. (premiere would say the device is no longer available).

I also had Netflix issues where the picture would degrade because the transmission got slow.

I don't have a green switch, but whatever was done fixed more than just that.

I wanted to test for a few days and have had no problems streaming and Netflix stayed at HD for 4 straight hours of viewing.
NJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:09 AM   #35
djwilso

Quote:
Originally Posted by thyname View Post
And yet, if you call Tivo customer support, they always tell you that it is the first time they hear this.
This is the #1 reason I hate calling any support line, not just TiVo's. I always do Internet research before giving up and calling, and without fail, I'll call in and they'll say, "Oh, that's the first time I've heard of that happening."

Right.
djwilso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #36
Fsron

Good to know the software was updated on 10/9/13. However the tivo doesn't report a date that I can see. My tivo lists the software as 20.3.6.3-usa-6-846. Is that the latest? Is there an easy way to determine the date of the software update?
Fsron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #37
socrplyr

From above, 20.3.6.3 is the version that came out on 10/9/13.
socrplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #38
dsnotgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutGolfn View Post
I've emailed her as well and provided all info. I hope she and the team fix the black screen issue quickly its very annoying. Seems like plenty of people are having it occur on their roamio as well.
Delete all netflix information on your box, restart box, and renter your netlfix info. I had the same issue on my premiere. When I did that....that fixed it. No more reboots.
dsnotgood is offline   Reply With Quote