TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Vect0r

Glo Remote + Samsung Soundbar

I've seen a few posts on this but no definitive answers yet it seems. I have a Samsung D450 soundbar and a Glo remote. I can not get the learning to work with the power, and volume up and down for the soundbar.

The learning worked fine with the commands from my TV remote, and I am aware the Glo can control up to 3 devices per button. Ignoring the TV and just trying to get it to learn the soundbar remote commands is not working either.

Am I missing something here? Can anyone help out? I bought this remote in hopes to save some money over going to a Harmony since I really only need to control the TV, soundbar, and TiVo.
Vect0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
mdscott

There are a number of threads going back years with the commonality of problems with TiVo Remotes and Samsung sound bars. No solution stood out - though some claimed success with codes 0092 or 0305. Others said this was bunk.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
Edmund
Remote Czar

Those are Samsung TV codes, not audio codes. I never seen a preprogrammed remote with code for the current Samsung soundbars.

The current line of Directv receivers with x series remotes, have two-way communication between the two, the newer receivers can put an upgrade code into the remote which was never in the remotes memory before, to control the Samsung soundbar. One reset of the remote and that code is lost, until you update it again.

Anyways I haven't seen anyone have problems teaching the commands to a learning remote. Try again with new batteries in both remotes. And first reset the remote before temping to teach.
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
dbattaglia001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vect0r View Post
I've seen a few posts on this but no definitive answers yet it seems. I have a Samsung D450 soundbar and a Glo remote. I can not get the learning to work with the power, and volume up and down for the soundbar.

The learning worked fine with the commands from my TV remote, and I am aware the Glo can control up to 3 devices per button. Ignoring the TV and just trying to get it to learn the soundbar remote commands is not working either.

Am I missing something here? Can anyone help out? I bought this remote in hopes to save some money over going to a Harmony since I really only need to control the TV, soundbar, and TiVo.
Vect0r, did you ever get a resolution to this? Despite what people say that learning remote should work fine, I too can't get a glow remote to control a samsung soundbar. I am pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.
dbattaglia001 is offline   Reply With Quote