TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
magic168
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Losing wi-fi connection

New Roamio Plus. Have had it for about 2 weeks. No problems until the last few days where the Roamio informs me that there's a problem with my network connection. I go through and reconnect it to wifi, and I notice it's "very low (36%)" which is odd because the access point works fine with all my other equipment.

Then today, the connection has been lost again....

Anyone else seeing these wifi issues?? I don't know what to do here...
magic168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
magic168
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
OK, now it's connected and shows 100% strength to the wifi network, but when I force a connection to the Tivo network, it goes to the Network step and says "Network cable unplugged???
magic168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
bradleys
It'll be fine....
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,461
I am going to ask a stupid question...

If an Ethernet connection isn't available, why wouldn't you setup the Roamio using MOCA? It is far more reliable with better throughput.

I am not sure about your Wi-Fi network, sometimes you can get outside interference with Wi-Fi and it will provide inconsistent connectivity.
__________________
TiVo S2 (Retired)
TiVo Series 3 (for sale)
TiVo HD (for sale)
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #4
magic168
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
I am going to ask a stupid question...

If an Ethernet connection isn't available, why wouldn't you setup the Roamio using MOCA? It is far more reliable with better throughput.

I am not sure about your Wi-Fi network, sometimes you can get outside interference with Wi-Fi and it will provide inconsistent connectivity.
I plan to try that later (once I get an adapter), but for now, wifi is the only option.

I really don't get why it's giving me trouble two weeks into it, though. Now I can't even connect at all, giving me a N09 error.
magic168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
bradleys
It'll be fine....
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic168 View Post
I plan to try that later (once I get an adapter), but for now, wifi is the only option.

I really don't get why it's giving me trouble two weeks into it, though. Now I can't even connect at all, giving me a N09 error.
Reboot your router and see if that fixes the problem. I have also heard people having luck setting a specific IP device in the router settings.
__________________
TiVo S2 (Retired)
TiVo Series 3 (for sale)
TiVo HD (for sale)
TiVo Premier (2 TB Upgrade)
TiVo Roamio Plus
TiVo Mini
iPad TiVo app
TiVo Stream (Sold)
Personal Video Share powered by PyTiVo
bradleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
consumedsoul
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys View Post
Reboot your router and see if that fixes the problem. I have also heard people having luck setting a specific IP device in the router settings.
+1 for setting specific IP using MAC address, I've had far less issues w/ wifi connections since.
__________________
Roamio Basic / WD20EURS 2TB HD / Stream / Antennas Direct CSM1
consumedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
magic168
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 10
Interesting, I will try the static IP and see if that helps.
magic168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |