TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
gbruyn

Charter Cable w/ Motorola CableCard? - What firmware version do you have?

I'm in Atlanta GA and have Charter Cable. I'm having issues with my tuning adapter having to be reset almost daily (sometimes more) to get all my premium channels to work. I have firmware version 2.65 on my cable card and version 1.37 firmware on the tuning adapter.

If you have CHARTER and a Motorola Cable Card, please indicate your firmware version.

Thanks in advance!
gbruyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
rainwater

1.37 is the firmware on all Motorola tuning adapters on Charter afaik. The cablecard firmware would not affect the tuning adapter getting in a bad state. That sounds like an issue either with your signal or with your local headend. In the past year my tuning adapter on Charter has only ever went offline once or twice.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
gbruyn

The tuning adaptor isn't getting in a bad state from what I can tell. It still shows signal lock on the diagnostic screen. In fact there is absolutely no difference between any of the diagnostic screens from when it's working to not working. Charter just replaced the TA and said my signal was great with little to no noise.
gbruyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

Charter is sort of a hodgepodge of a bunch of small cable companies they bought up in the late 90s. So what works for someone in one area may not be the same as what works in another.

That being said I have the same TA firmware, but my CableCARD firmware is 3.31
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote