TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #1
brianric

Amazing Race missing first 11 minutes

Roamio Pro. I have SP for 60 Minutes and TAR. Since I have 6 tuners, I set 60 Minutes with a 1 minute before and 30 minute after pad. I set TAR up for 1 minute before and 90 minutes after pad. Football ran over, so I started watching 60 Minutes 11 minutes after it started. After watching 60 Minutes, I deleted the show, and went to my recorded shows, TAR didn't show up. I hit the Tivo button and went back to my recorded shows and TAR appeared, showing it was recording. I selected to watch and I'm missing 11 minutes. I'm pissed because I bought the Roamio to resolve conflicts, not to fail to record shows. This is the first time this has happened to me on the Roamio, or on a Tivo.. It does appear that the Roamio rebooted recently, as I had to scroll down to get to CC last Friday.

I mentioned this has happen to me first time on a Tivo. Back in Survivor season 2 my Replay TV failed to record an episode. I bought a series 2 Tivo and started recording Survivor on both DVRs.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
NYHeel

I knew this doesn't resolve the theoretical problem but you should go "undelete" the 60 minutes recording from the recently deleted folder. Still a problem but at least you'll get those 11 minutes back.
NYHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #3
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHeel View Post
I knew this doesn't resolve the theoretical problem but you should go "undelete" the 60 minutes recording from the recently deleted folder. Still a problem but at least you'll get those 11 minutes back.
There was two minutes missing. For some reason I found out my Premiere XL still had its TAR SP, watched it from there.

I've had a few other problems with my Roamio. Lesson learned. Never again be an early adapter of a new product. It just means I paid to be a Beta tester.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

There definitely seems to be a problem with padded/back-to-back programs on the same channel. I'm on the west coast, so I don't have to deal with the Sunday night football delays, but I've seen the problem on my baseball post-season wish list. The second program doesn't start its own recording until the first recording ends (or is stopped). It happened for me again yesterday (Fox had the 49ers and the baseball game)

TivoMargret, this problem has been 100% reproducible for me (at least so far) - do you folks need any more input, or are you on it?
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
uw69

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianric View Post
There was two minutes missing. For some reason I found out my Premiere XL still had its TAR SP, watched it from there.

I've had a few other problems with my Roamio. Lesson learned. Never again be an early adapter of a new product. It just means I paid to be a Beta tester.
You are absolutely correct. Anyone who has a low threshold for new product issue/problems is better off waiting for 6 months or so before buying a new, potentially buggy system. Being an early adopter is certainly not for everyone.
1 Roamio plus 470 hours
3 TiVo Mini's
uw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
There definitely seems to be a problem with padded/back-to-back programs on the same channel. I'm on the west coast, so I don't have to deal with the Sunday night football delays, but I've seen the problem on my baseball post-season wish list. The second program doesn't start its own recording until the first recording ends (or is stopped). It happened for me again yesterday (Fox had the 49ers and the baseball game)

TivoMargret, this problem has been 100% reproducible for me (at least so far) - do you folks need any more input, or are you on it?
She said that both issues (back to back and audio/video glitch) should be fixed in the update at the end of the month:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...06#post9848206

-Kevin
kbmb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #7
tlrowley
Quilt Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
She said that both issues (back to back and audio/video glitch) should be fixed in the update at the end of the month:

-Kevin
I missed that, thanks!
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post

-Kevin
Thanks.