TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2013, 08:42 AM   #31
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
stuff happened, but the story didn't really move along very much. That's what I meant by that.
Not much happened, but it did do some much needed set up of what had happened in the past with the two groups merging.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #32
GameGuru

For those saying that not much happened to move the story I am confused at what you want. A conclusion to this show or a continuing awesome journey with great side stories and nice, but paced, revelations in the overall story arc. For me I like the latter. I would like this show to have twenty seasons. This isn't like some shows were you want to know what is going on and be fed a conclusion, this is a show about people surviving in a horrible situation and how society would handle a zombie outbreak.

I would love some flashbacks showing the character pre-outbreak ala Lost and Revolution.
Roku 3
GameGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #33
Fahtrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by n548gxg View Post
I had to suspend belief when the zombies were falling through the roof. The zombies had been walking on the roof for months or years. Then multiple holes in the roof open up just when they are in the store. Unbelievable.
This better be a SMEEK, but you had to SUSPEND BELIEF in a show about Zombies?????!!!

Really?
Fahtrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #34
sharkster

It seems most likely that it's some kind of pig-to-human thing. After Poindexter died and came back his eyes looked like that, too.

The whole 'woman in the woods' thing WAS kind of strange. I think I need to watch some of it again, as I feel like I might have missed something.

Amazing how all those walkers AND an entire helicopter managed to be on that, thin as paper, roof all that time until the people were inside.
sharkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #35
flyers088
tcf junior member

Can't believe they killed Phineas. Hope Ferb comes to avenge his brother's death!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #36
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJW View Post
Glad it's back, but this show is really difficult to watch live.
The freaking commercials during this show are killing me. I can barely tolerate the Walking Dead. The commercials are way scarier. Make them stop!!!
Why would you watch it live? i start watching around 20 or 3 minutes after it starts so I can skip over the commercials. Otherwise I've wasted over twenty minutes watching commercials.

I do wish it had been a two hour premiere, especially after the last scene.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
I had to suspend belief when the zombies were falling through the roof. The zombies had been walking on the roof for months or years. Then multiple holes in the roof open up just when they are in the store. Unbelievable.
Come on. As soon as they showed the helicopter on the roof with the walkers, you had to know that it was going to collapse while they were scavanging in the store.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:56 AM   #38
zalusky

I don't see what the big deal. Helicopter crash lands destroying seal in roof.
Roof rots after a couple of seasons. Walkers are in somewhat frozen position until they are stimulated by some noise and then they all move to the noise and the roof starts to go.

The question I am beginning to wonder is do the walkers no longer decay. How long are they viable?
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #39
Zevida
witless and unarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4200 View Post
Just to be clear, the smiley meant I was joking. If that really turns out to be the case, it would be ridiculous, even by the standards of this show.
I know you were joking, but I don't think the show did that for no reason. It was too deliberate. Obviously there's some kind of disease and they gave us a bunch of clues and possible ways it was transmitted and some things that were possibly misdirection and that was just one of them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- billypritchard
Zevida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #40
Ereth

Did I imagine it or wasn't there a hose coming out the ride side of the barrel in the scene outside with Rick?

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #41
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

The boy and the pig went from sick to dead in one day, so I expect a lot of the new people to die soon!
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #42
voripteth
User Advocate

Did the pig have bloody eyes?

Talking Dead said this season would have an episode on every main character. They also said things are going to get very much worse...

Last edited by voripteth : 10-14-2013 at 11:52 AM.
voripteth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #43
danterner
Not it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
The boy and the pig went from sick to dead in one day, so I expect a lot of the new people to die soon!
Under normal circumstances, healthy to dead in a day would be a good thing as far as containment goes, right? The vectors need time to spread the contagion. Under these circumstances, though, if the disease can be spread by walkers, all bets are off. An outbreak of a viral hemorrhagic fever capable of being spread by walkers should be pretty much a world-ender if the survivors stay congregated.

Then again, Chester's Mill was able to deal with an outbreak of something (was it meningitis?) in a single day, so all hope may not be lost.
| Twitter:
danterner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #44
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by voripteth View Post
Did the pig have bloody eyes?

Talking Bad said this season would have an episode on every main character. They also said things are going to get very much worse...
Wasn't Talking Bad the name of the show that talked about Breaking Bad?

While Talking Dead is about the Walking Dead show?
Old 10-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #45
T-Wolves
Information Junkie

Quote:
I can see the writers in the off-season now: "How do we quickly get rid of a lot of these new characters from Woodbury so we can get back to our main cast and a few red-shirts? How about a disease!?!"
T-Wolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #46
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Helmerichs View Post
There was also the dying pig/boar in the woods. Pigs are pretty close to humans genetically, almost at organ transplant levels...perhaps the Zombie Virus is jumping species?
I thought Rick went out to check the snares, and that the dying boar was just caught in a snare, not something that was sick. But I'm probably wrong about that.

Quote:
This bothered me as well. The roof was strong enough to hold up to a helicopter crashing on the roof, but then suddenly multiple areas of the roof were not strong enough to hold a 100 lb walker? But it made for a cool scene inside the store.

However, the thing that bothered me most about that scene is that the store seemed to still be totally stocked and nearly untouched. Even if nobody from the outside could get in, wouldn't the people who were living in those tents have used a lot of the supplies before they got overrun? And if they all died relatively soon after the outbreak, that means that store has been sitting there, untouched, for well over a year. That makes no sense that someone else wouldn't have tried to clear out the walkers and get to those supplies.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
I thought Rick went out to check the snares, and that the dying boar was just caught in a snare, not something that was sick. But I'm probably wrong about that.

This bothered me as well. The roof was strong enough to hold up to a helicopter crashing on the roof, but then suddenly multiple areas of the roof were not strong enough to hold a 100 lb walker? But it made for a cool scene inside the store.

However, the thing that bothered me most about that scene is that the store seemed to still be totally stocked and nearly untouched. Even if nobody from the outside could get in, wouldn't the people who were living in those tents have used a lot of the supplies before they got overrun? And if they all died relatively soon after the outbreak, that means that store has been sitting there, untouched, for well over a year. That makes no sense that someone else wouldn't have tried to clear out the walkers and get to those supplies.
if you want to be all realistic, why are dead people walking around? As with any Tv show or movie, the crap just start to happen when the characters are on site.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #48
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
if you want to be all realistic, why are dead people walking around? As with any Tv show or movie, the crap just start to happen when the characters are on site.
I know what you're saying, especially about when crap starts to happen. But your comment about realism (made by many people) is really not correct.

This is fiction. We've established the rules of this fictional world (dead people walking, for example). The rest of the story has to follow logic within those rules. So I should not suspend disbelief about the roof because dead people are walking.
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #49
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I know what you're saying, especially about when crap starts to happen. But your comment about realism (made by many people) is really not correct.

This is fiction. We've established the rules of this fictional world (dead people walking, for example). The rest of the story has to follow logic within those rules. So I should not suspend disbelief about the roof because dead people are walking.
There is a lot more in this series to suspend belief about than just the roof caving in. And I am not talking about dead people walking around on it. There are all kinds of things that have happened that we just had to go 'okay' about and move on.

Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 PM   #50
GameGuru

Quote:
The thing about this is you have to have someone more familiar with the walking dead, someone who has come face to face with them many times and lived, someone who has killed many of them. There might have been small groups who came across this store that was all fenced in and had lots of the dead inside milling around and they passed on the location because they had no idea how to get the stuff out. A good, skilled group could have went in and killed them all or play it smarter and cut a whole in the fence and had them all exit by chasing some music. Not everyone would have thought of this.

If a zombie outreak really happened I think most people would steer clear of areas with zombies just to be on the safe side.
Roku 3
GameGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #51
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
The thing about this is you have to have someone more familiar with the walking dead, someone who has come face to face with them many times and lived, someone who has killed many of them. There might have been small groups who came across this store that was all fenced in and had lots of the dead inside milling around and they passed on the location because they had no idea how to get the stuff out. A good, skilled group could have went in and killed them all or play it smarter and cut a whole in the fence and had them all exit by chasing some music. Not everyone would have thought of this.

If a zombie outreak really happened I think most people would steer clear of areas with zombies just to be on the safe side.
That makes perfect sense for the first month or two after the outbreak. But as time went on and supplies got scarce, and survivors got more experience, I think it's surprising that a fully-stocked store would stay untouched that long, especially given the fact that there was a camp set up to defend and presumably ration out the supplies. So why did it appear that none of the shelves had even been touched?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #52
tcorning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameGuru View Post
Hmmm, actually, that's an interesting point. They cut a hole in the fence and blasted a boom box to get the walkers at the fence to come out. Wouldn't the walkers on the roof have heard the boom box too and at least been gathered at the closest corner, but more likely have all fallen off the edge?
tcorning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #53
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
That makes perfect sense for the first month or two after the outbreak. But as time went on and supplies got scarce, and survivors got more experience, I think it's surprising that a fully-stocked store would stay untouched that long, especially given the fact that there was a camp set up to defend and presumably ration out the supplies. So why did it appear that none of the shelves had even been touched?
And how far away from the prison or the town was this place? Rick and his gang didn't find it in their meanderings around last year (in between seasons).

Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #54
Test

Wasn't the chopper leaking fuel? How much can those hold? How does fuel affect a roof over the course of a year? It was already dripping into the store (on the wine display).

Parts of this episode felt like the movie contagion where they would show points of contamination...dead animal, licking fingers, shaking hands, washing face with stagnant water, hugging people with blood all over them and someone totally sick coughing all over a water supply.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #55
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ereth View Post
Did I imagine it or wasn't there a hose coming out the ride side of the barrel in the scene outside with Rick?
The hose was for water coming into the barrel from a red water tank hanging from the fence. But the red water tank looks to be about the same volume (or less) as the barrel, so it certainly cannot hold much water for them. Actually, maybe there is a tub sitting on top of a closed barrel, so the red water tank does have a larger volume than the tub. But still, not a lot.

john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #56
Beryl

Random thoughts:

Crazy woman - wondered if she was a new kind of zombie until she revealed to be just looney and needed a bullet in the head. Why didn't Rick "kill" the zombie head? He was more compassionate Season 1 Episode 1 when he "killed" the zombie dragging herself in the field.

Army alcoholic medic - skills may come in handy. You'd think he and Hershel would create a clinic in the prison and he could make shopping lists (antibiotics, pain killers, etc) instead of tagging along and causing trouble.

Beth - stone cold but loved how she consoled Darryl with the hug HE needed.

Tyrese - needs to stop whining and get some tips from Carl.

Carl - wants Michonne to stick around. They really bonded in the "Clear" episode.

Carol - absolutely right about training the kids. Michonne needs to teach the art of using a katana.

Darryl - still don't understand the need to carry around a crossbow during close encounters besides looking sexy.

Why don't they periodically set a trap for the zombies (sound, animals, etc.) and burn them en masse?
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #57
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

This will be my first season watching the show week to week, I watched all the back eps on Netflix and reruns over the last few months.

So, regarding the walkers falling through the roof, my question was how did they get on the roof in the first place?

Good start, though! This will give me something to look forward to on Mondays after work.

Oh, and after all the seasons, my favorite recurring nitpicks are the pants-on-head stupidity in Daryl's choice of motorcycle and Rick's choice of sidearm. Harmless affectations before the zombie apocalypse, madness in the aftermath.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #58
john4200

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
So, regarding the walkers falling through the roof, my question was how did they get on the roof in the first place?
I think we are supposed to assume they died in the helicopter crash.
john4200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #59
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Test View Post
Wasn't the chopper leaking fuel? How much can those hold? How does fuel affect a roof over the course of a year? It was already dripping into the store (on the wine display).
It evaporates.

Oops...
Old 10-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #60
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Oh, and after all the seasons, my favorite recurring nitpicks are the pants-on-head stupidity in Daryl's choice of motorcycle and Rick's choice of sidearm. Harmless affectations before the zombie apocalypse, madness in the aftermath.
Agreed and agreed. Walkers are attracted by sound. So why does Daryl feel the need to drive the loudest possible vehicle he can, and especially one that provides zero protection if he were to encounter a horde. If he insists on riding a bike, he should at least have a dirt bike or enduro type so he could head off road or through the woods if he needed to.

My other thought as I was watching this episode was what are they doing with the walker "corpses" after killing them on the fence? Someone in this episode mentioned that there had been a big buildup overnight, so presumably all the fence walkers we saw in this episode weren't there the day before. So are they stabbing them all in the head and then going outside the fence and gathering up all the bodies? If so, where are they taking them? If not, why aren't there thousands of decaying corpses outside the fence?