TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #31
LKMcMillen

It's been approximately 14 hours since the temporary C133 problem started, and both my basic TiVo Roamio (Zip code 92507), and the TiVo Roamio Plus of a friend who lives 7 miles away in the same city as I (Zip code 92504), are both still affected by the temporary C133 error. Both devices can access the internet, but not the TiVo/Borg Mother-ship. Disconnecting/Reconnecting their respective electrical cords this morning, with the resulting reboot doesn't bring relief. Both devices report that they can access the internet, but not TiVo service.

Both of us have digital cable television and cable internet service from Charter Communications. No other problems with those services, or the Charter cable boxes used with other television set in our respective homes.

I still don't see anything on TiVo's website, in my email box, on television, or in my morning newspaper providing any explanation of what the problem is, and when TiVo's service might be fully restored.

Only 10 more minutes until I can FINALLY call TiVo support by telephone.
LKMcMillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #32
rainwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKMcMillen View Post
It's been approximately 14 hours since the temporary C133 problem started, and both my basic TiVo Roamio (Zip code 92507), and the TiVo Roamio Plus of a friend who lives 7 miles away in the same city as I (Zip code 92504), are both still affected by the temporary C133 error. Both devices can access the internet, but not the TiVo/Borg Mother-ship. Disconnecting/Reconnecting their respective electrical cords this morning, with the resulting reboot doesn't bring relief. Both devices report that they can access the internet, but not TiVo service.
Have you tried forcing a connection? Sometimes the error will not go away until the next scheduled connection attempt. In the meantime, it will still record as planned so it shouldn't have any adverse affects. Honestly, it is not worth rebooting and doing a lot of steps to try to get rid of the error as it will go away on it's on.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #33
LKMcMillen

Repeated force connections, switching between my usual wired connection and a wireless connection, restarts, and reboots produced nothing but the continuing display of the C133 error message.

I just completed a telephone conversation with TiVo tech support, who reported my call was the first TiVo had received with regard to this problem.

The end result of the conversation is that TiVo is shipping a replacement TiVo Roamio.

Personally, I suspect a Roamio device software or hardware glitch that hasn't yet been identified. At least not officially. Possibly something involved with switching between the use of an antenna connection (My receipt of local HDTV broadcasts produces a far superior picture than what's provided by my cable television provider, Charter Communications), and a cable connection, or switching between a wired or wireless network connection. With the Roamio, switching between antenna and cable is a royal PITA!

I'm off to help a friend who is experiencing the same problem with her TiVo Roamio Plus, and am wondering if her Roamio will also have to be replaced... And if everyone else with the same problem, which started at the same time, will also need to have their Roamios replaced...

In the meantime, my 3 year old Home Theatre PC, which utilizes a 4 tuner Ceton adapter, continues to work. I prefer the TiVo menu system. But the HTPC has been far more reliable.
LKMcMillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #34
kbmb

Quote:
Repeated force connections, switching between my usual wired connection and a wireless connection, restarts, and reboots produced nothing but the continuing display of the C133 error message.

I just completed a telephone conversation with TiVo tech support, who reported my call was the first TiVo had received with regard to this problem.

The end result of the conversation is that TiVo is shipping a replacement TiVo Roamio.

Personally, I suspect a Roamio device software or hardware glitch that hasn't yet been identified. At least not officially. Possibly something involved with switching between the use of an antenna connection (My receipt of local HDTV broadcasts produces a far superior picture than what's provided by my cable television provider, Charter Communications), and a cable connection, or switching between a wired or wireless network connection. With the Roamio, switching between antenna and cable is a royal PITA!

I'm off to help a friend who is experiencing the same problem with her TiVo Roamio Plus, and am wondering if her Roamio will also have to be replaced... And if everyone else with the same problem, which started at the same time, will also need to have their Roamios replaced...

In the meantime, my 3 year old Home Theatre PC, which utilizes a 4 tuner Ceton adapter, continues to work. I prefer the TiVo menu system. But the HTPC has been far more reliable.
Did they ask you to try repeating guided setup? Maybe that would cause whatever is out of whack to go back into place?

At least with Guided Setup you don't lose any of your SP or recordings.

I'm shocked if this was a hardware failure.....seems it could only be either software in the Tivo or some local network configuration.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
rainwater

Quote:

I think replacing it is way overkill and not worth the trouble. The C133 errors usually clear up in a day or two. It is certainly not a hardware problem. The same thing happens on the Premiere.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #36
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
I'm mean seriously, we need to be connected to Tivo to stop and delete a recording? What are Tivo thinking?

I get all the fancy search stuff. Still don't understand why the Netflix app needs to be connected to tivo?!?

But really, I couldn't stop a recording last night because of the outage? Why? I'm surprised Tivo let me watch a recording without holding my hand!

-Kevin
The Netflix app still worked for me during this.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #37
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The Netflix app still worked for me during this.
Were you already in it? I thought it put an exclamation point next to it in My Shows, like it does with Xifinity On Demand as well.

-Kevin
Old 10-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #38
aaronwt
HD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Were you already in it? I thought it put an exclamation point next to it in My Shows, like it does with Xifinity On Demand as well.

-Kevin
I was using Netflix and when I came out of it was when i first saw the connection issue at the top of the screen. But I was still able to go back into Netflix and stream content. But when i first saw it I checked my two tuner Premiere and it was fine. Which is why at first I thought it was the green switch issue.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #39
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I was using Netflix and when I came out of it was when i first saw the connection issue at the top of the screen. But I was still able to go back into Netflix and stream content.
Thanks.....I could have sworn that those C133 errors disabled basically everything. I'll have to check next time it happens

If Tivo is going to put so much of this stuff on a connection to the Tivo servers, then they better start beefing up their infrastructure.

Still shake my head that I couldn't stop a recording because of it.

-Kevin
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #40
unitron

Quote:

So their solution to a problem with their network that was affecting not just S5s is for you to lose all the stuff you've recorded so far?

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #41
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
So their solution to a problem with their network that was affecting not just S5s is for you to lose all the stuff you've recorded so far?
What's really funny to me is, this poor guy in this thread:
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=509994

Just wanted a replacement remote and Tivo refuses to honor it under warranty.

Meanwhile, they are happy to send this guy a brand new box that likely won't solve a thing!

-Kevin
Old 10-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #42
HarperVision

Quote:
...In the meantime, my 3 year old Home Theatre PC, which utilizes a 4 tuner Ceton adapter, continues to work. I prefer the TiVo menu system. But the HTPC has been far more reliable.
Amen brother, same here!
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote