TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #91
lalouque
Quilter-Cat Slave

OAD 10.10.13 Episode 13: Someone's Gotta Go

First of all, Tim was in my city and I didn't somehow SENSE he was here and stalk him???? Darn it, I missed my opportunity!

I think they called it right to eliminate Helen. Especially when they showed her work up close with all the details. And I wasn't surprised to see her struggle. I think she needed the structure of having a "challenge" to meet instead of being totally open ended in what she can do.

I still totally do NOT understand why Heidi (and other judges) are in love with Alexandria's work. It all looks so sloppy and has zero color. And those "hats" with the feathers.... does not compute with me. On a different note, how much is she going to charge for those dolls that the kids created??? Those were FANTASTIC!

Looking forward to the final runway! I really love Justin's collection, but have my doubts if he can top Dom or Bradon.
lalouque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #92
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalouque View Post
First of all, Tim was in my city and I didn't somehow SENSE he was here and stalk him???? Darn it, I missed my opportunity!

I think they called it right to eliminate Helen. Especially when they showed her work up close with all the details. And I wasn't surprised to see her struggle. I think she needed the structure of having a "challenge" to meet instead of being totally open ended in what she can do.

I still totally do NOT understand why Heidi (and other judges) are in love with Alexandria's work. It all looks so sloppy and has zero color. And those "hats" with the feathers.... does not compute with me. On a different note, how much is she going to charge for those dolls that the kids created??? Those were FANTASTIC!

Looking forward to the final runway! I really love Justin's collection, but have my doubts if he can top Dom or Bradon.
Ditto ditto and ditto on this post. Well not the part about him being in my city, but the rest.

I loved Justin's 3 pieces. I wasn't crazy about Alexandria's. But OMG what the heck was that last thing that Helen sent out? The woman couldn't move. I wonder if she had done something else to the arms she may have had a better chance? I was wincing as I watched that model walk down the runway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #93
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalouque View Post
I still totally do NOT understand why Heidi (and other judges) are in love with Alexandria's work. It all looks so sloppy and has zero color.
I just don't get it. She's been turning out monochromatic rags all season long. What is there to like?
Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #94
Cainebj

I also agree with Helen going home and I think Justin really did better than I thought he was capable of...

I actually do get Alexandria's stuff - I just think it's kindof boring in comparison - as the judges said no wow factor for a runway. Compared to what she did during the competition with not much time, the stuff she put out seemed to be well made. Still way boring but well made.

Not to mention she has the personality of a wet sponge.

I would have been fine with a Bradon/Dom/Justin finale (although I STILL think Kate was robbed) - Alex being there doesn't make a difference one way or the other, she will never win.

Last edited by Cainebj : 10-12-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: edit
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #95
LordXenophon
Technomage

Justin will never win, either. He's been pumping out some great stuff all season, but the judges slam it every time. I'm not convinced they take him seriously.

Alexandria should have been let go two weeks ago. Justin earned his victory, and the judges robbed him of it by making him compete twice for the same thing, just because they didn't want to let him win.

I know who will win because of a SPOILER. If you want to know, look at which of them is shown in the commercial for the next All Stars. They started running the commercial a couple of weeks ago.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #96
Cainebj

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
I know who will win because of a SPOILER. If you want to know, look at which of them is shown in the commercial for the next All Stars.
Without revealing any names...
How do you know they won? PR All Stars is not all winners it's past contestants and I somehow or other doubt they would call out the current season winner in a commercial...
although dumber things have happened...

I was once watching another competition show where they showed a commercial for the next episode before the final segment thereby revealing who got eliminated before airing it. Dumb.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #97
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

When shows collide!

There's an episode of What Not to Wear with a tallish lanky blonde who used to be a Mennonite. Her wardrobe is entirely neutrals -- khaki pants, white shirts, etc. Black pants. Beige skirt. The only color showing in her secret footage is a pair of medium-wash blue jeans.

With a little wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey handwaving, Wanda the uber-plain family therapist, pre-makeover, could be Alexandria's secret muse.

P.S. how long will it be before Helen shows up on All-Stars?
Old 10-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #98
LordXenophon
Technomage

The All Stars are losers from previous seasons, so the person in the commercial did not win.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:16 AM   #99
Cainebj

and the winner is...

speaking in tongues in case anyone hasn't watched yet

no big surprise except for the order of who went and the final 2

i guess it made sense but whiny OCD cry baby much?
oy...

my front runner messed up and i agreed with what Nina said about that person

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordXenophon View Post
The All Stars are losers from previous seasons, so the person in the commercial did not win.
I am pretty sure they have had at least one past season winner. Haven't they? Either way every time I saw a commercial for all stars I muted my audio, closed my eyes and fast forwarded - LOL
Old 10-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #100
Cearbhaill
Hoop diddy diddy

Them:- "So Toni- why should you win Project Runway?"

Me:- "I would never presume to say I want it more than anyone else. We all want it very badly- everyone involved this season came here with a fire and wanted to walk away as the winner.

I would also never say that I worked harder than anyone else- you don't get here without working hard. We have all faced challenges and sacrificed other things in order to get to this stage in the competition.

What I would say is that I have presented a collection worthy of winning Project Runway. I have designed clothing that has my own stamp on it- clothes that are undeniably my design. I have designed garments that are marketable, that can be mass produced economically, and that many different types of women will buy.
My designs are young and edgy and yet timeless, and they are thoughtfully designed and all have featured impeccable construction.

That is why I should win Project Runway."

IMO anything more is drama llama BS.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #101
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Reunion Show OAD 10/24/13

Hoo, boy, major drama drama drama.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #102
Cainebj

The reunion show just solidifies how much I love Tim Gunn - not only calling BS but the "I hate to put a hole in your ego" was worth the entire thing. Some of those contestants are downright delusional. Proves why mean bitter people should stay off Twitter.