TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series 1 - UK
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-30-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
spitfires
wassock

Tracker module v3.3 for TivoWeb/TivoWebPlus

Here's an updated version of the Tracker module for TivoWeb-1.9.4 and TivoWebPlus-2.1b3

I wanted to better integrate Tracker with TWP2.1. Up to now it has been very much a 1.9 module patched-up so it works in 2.1 - this version gives it the same look and feel as the rest of 2.1.

I also wanted to fix the known issues with it creating duplicate records, and its intensive disc use when you have lots of things being tracked.

Key changes:
# - rewrote some code for better performance and data integrity
# - use caching to reduce disc thrashing
# - improved the compatability with TWP 2.1
# - manual / delayed rebuilding is no longer required - all changes are immediate
# - slightly revised file formats; files converted automatically on first run

Installation
========

- Back-up your existing tracker directory (although the module will do this for you, it's safer for you to have an independent backup)

- Delete any existing tracker script in TivoWeb's "modules" directory. Note: this may be called tracker.itcl, tracker316a.itcl, tracker320-rc9.itcl or somesuch similar name.

- Delete any existing script like zz_mrt_utils.itcl or zz_mrt_utils_rc07.itcl or similar. If running 2.1 this may be in your "libs" directory.

- Copy (remember to use 'binary' format in your ftp program) both tracker.itcl and zz_mrt_utils.itcl into your "modules" directory (DO NOT put anything into your "libs" directory)

- Do a FULL restart of TivoWeb/TivoWebPlus

Thanks to those who helped with the testing of these changes
Attached Files
File Type: zip tracker-3.3.3.zip (36.2 KB, 21 views)
spitfires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #2
mrtickle

Great work, many thanks for all that!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
mrtickle

I've posted links from the AltEPG forum to here, as it doesn't make sense to try to support two different versions of tracker.
mrtickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #4
TCM2007

Fantastic to see these things still in use. Just spotted my TiVos while searching the garage for tools.
TCM2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
spitfires
wassock

ahhh poor wee things. Thanks for all your trail-blazing work!
I can't see me ever changing - TiVo does exactly what I want (and I care not a fig about so-called HD).
Old 04-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
steveroe
Must do some work...

I've just installed 3.3 with TivoWeb Plus 2.1.b3 but I'm getting various errors.

Whilst trying to update the list:

Code:
-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_update, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
called "expand_epnum" with too many arguments
    while executing
"expand_epnum $episodenum $description $pad"
    (procedure "tracker_expand_epnum" line 3)
    invoked from: "tracker_expand_epnum [dbobj $program get EpisodeNum] [dbobj $program get Description]"
    ("uplevel" body line 89)
    invoked from: "uplevel $body"
    invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
set item [db $::db openid $fsid]
set cancelreason [dbobj $item get CancelReason]
set type [dbobj $item get SelectionType]
set showi..."
    (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 36)
    invoked from: "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan"
    (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_update" line 11)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
--cut here--
Cancel from suggestions:

Code:
-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:tracker_todosug, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
can't read "x": no such variable
    while executing
"lappend out "$arg=$x""
    (procedure "ForeachTrans" line 11)
    invoked from: "ForeachTrans val $vals $bsize {
recInit -pre $preload [lindex $val 0]
if ![recFilter $filt] {
if {[set ret [recInit_$cmd $val $opts]]!=2} {
if {$ret} ..."
    (procedure "putRecRows" line 8)
    invoked from: "putRecRows $chan $fmt Show $_fsids"
    (procedure "tracker_put_todo" line 17)
    invoked from: "tracker_put_todo $chan fsids blockthese whitelistthese $todotype"
    (procedure "action_tracker_todoOrSugg_refactored" line 74)
    invoked from: "action_tracker_todoOrSugg_refactored $chan $path $env 8 "Cancel from Scheduled Suggestions""
    (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_todosug" line 2)
--cut here--
Trying to view episodes tracked for "Unknown"
Code:
-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:trackseries, path:, env:seriestmsid Unknown title Unknown src {} wid 1 uid 1 wtd 1 utd 0 sort 1, code:'NONE'
can't read "deletedby_names(TiVo)": no such element in array
    while executing
"set deletedby $deletedby_names($deletedby)"
    ("foreach" body line 18)
    invoked from: "foreach episode $episodedata {
if {[lindex $episode 0] == ""} { continue }
catch {unset episodetmsid episodedescr episoderecdate episodesource epblock..."
    (procedure "MOD::action_trackseries" line 45)
--cut here--

Old 04-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #7
spitfires
wassock

Hi Steve,

Re:
(1) You need a later version of zz_altepglib.itcl from the UK version of TWP (UK-20120723 or later)

(2) A known bug which I fixed in the UK release of TWP.

(3) What is in your "Unknown" series - is that something you've created yourself? I've never seen that one before.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #8
steveroe
Must do some work...

(1), (2) - thanks, now installing the UK version of TWP from Altepg

(3) I think this related to programmes recorded before we switched to the different TMSID system on Altepg - mrtickle can probably explain more!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
steveroe
Must do some work...

Okay, 1 and 2 resolved by installation of TWP Version 2.1.b3 (UK-20120818)

3 still throws the same error (not a massive problem for me, just an oddity).

Other tracked series show fine.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #10
spitfires
wassock

Re (3) - would suggest there is something odd in that series files, although without seeing it I can't say for sure.

When you install 3.3 it updates your files to a slightly new format and it looks it has failed on that file (or a line in that file).

If you look at the .itcl file there is a bit at the end where I've noted the file layout - field 6 ("deletedby") should be set to either 'T' or 'U' but it looks like yours is still set to 'TiVo'. You can fix this by changing that field but it would be good to know why that file didn't get converted when you upgraded to v3.3
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #11
steveroe
Must do some work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfires View Post
Re (3) - would suggest there is something odd in that series files, although without seeing it I can't say for sure.

When you install 3.3 it updates your files to a slightly new format and it looks it has failed on that file (or a line in that file).

If you look at the .itcl file there is a bit at the end where I've noted the file layout - field 6 ("deletedby") should be set to either 'T' or 'U' but it looks like yours is still set to 'TiVo'. You can fix this by changing that field but it would be good to know why that file didn't get converted when you upgraded to v3.3
I've attached the file (renamed to .txt), as you suspected it hasn't been converted - all the lines either still say "TiVo" or "User"
Attached Files
File Type: txt Unknown.txt (47.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
spitfires
wassock

Thanks. I hadn't allowed for that filename. Here's a script which will convert it for you.

Drop the ".txt" off the end and run it like

./trackerconvert.tcl Unknown

Attached Files
File Type: txt trackerconvert.tcl.txt (4.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #13
steveroe
Must do some work...

Many thanks, that's done the trick.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 PM   #14
Fizz

Done as above on 1.9.4. Tracker has disappeared from menus.... So access it direct and getting errors like

cut here-- action_tracker_update '' '' list doesn't contain element 6 while executing "lreplace $line $nindex $nindex $ndata" (procedure "tracker_update_fileline" line 10) invoked from within "tracker_update_fileline series $seriestmsid 0 6 $genstatus" (procedure "updatetrack" line 144) invoked from within "updatetrack $seriestmsid $episodetmsid $eptitle $epnum $recdate $type 2 $deletedby $watched $watchedmins $chan verbosedata" (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 222) invoked from within "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan" (procedure "::action_tracker_update" line 18) invoked from within "::action_$action $chan $part $env" ("eval" body line 1) invoked from within "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}" --cut here--

Last edited by Fizz : 04-16-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 AM   #15
spitfires
wassock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
[..] Tracker has disappeared from menus....
You need to find out why it's not loading. Closedown TivoWeb and then start it from telnet with "./tivoweb console" and tell me what errors you get.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
Fizz

Reinstalled and reported twice.... Came back.... Now get this when i do a create update list

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR --cut here-- action_tracker_update '' '' list doesn't contain element 6 while executing "lreplace $line $nindex $nindex $ndata" (procedure "tracker_update_fileline" line 10) invoked from within "tracker_update_fileline series $seriestmsid 0 6 $genstatus" (procedure "updatetrack" line 144) invoked from within "updatetrack $seriestmsid $episodetmsid $eptitle $epnum $recdate $type 2 $deletedby $watched $watchedmins $chan verbosedata" (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 222) invoked from within "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan" (procedure "::action_tracker_update" line 18) invoked from within "::action_$action $chan $part $env" ("eval" body line 1) invoked from within "eval {::action_$action $chan $part $env}" --cut here--
Old 04-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #17
Fizz

Tried tivo web and gives this on same action

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:tracker_update, path:, env:, code:'NONE' called "expand_epnum" with too many arguments while executing "expand_epnum $episodenum $description $pad" (procedure "tracker_expand_epnum" line 3) invoked from: "tracker_expand_epnum [dbobj $program get EpisodeNum] [dbobj $program get Description]" ("uplevel" body line 89) invoked from: "uplevel $body" invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}" (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5) invoked from: "RetryTransaction { set item [db $::db openid $fsid] set cancelreason [dbobj $item get CancelReason] set type [dbobj $item get SelectionType] set showi..." (procedure "scan_cancelled" line 36) invoked from: "scan_cancelled $::TRK::lastupdate $chan" (procedure "MOD::action_tracker_update" line 11) invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"--cut here--TRACKER*
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #18
spitfires
wassock

Quote:
Reinstalled and reported twice.... Came back.... Now get this when i do a create update list [...]
So exactly the same error as you had before, then.

Quote:
Tried tivo web and gives this on same action [...]
Don't know what you mean by "tivo web" - do you mean TivoWebPlus? If so then see posts #6 & 7 above.

When you get the error in TivoWeb 1.9 what line is the error on - i.e. have any programmes updated ok or is the error on the first one?

Also, please post your tracker.cfg file and 'series' file (as file attachments)
Old 04-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #19
Fizz

Ok i will post files later. I get the same error in both tivoweb 1.9 and tivoweb plus. No further lines displayed. Old version works ok when i reinstate that.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
spitfires
wassock

Quote:
Old version works ok when i reinstate that.
In which case it's unlikely that the files have been converted to the new format. You have closed down TivoWeb and reloaded it from scratch haven't you? Do you see any error messages when you load it with

./tivoweb console

(also make sure you have only one copy of trackerxxxxx.itcl in your modules directory)
Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #21
Fizz

No errors on starting in console mode and strangly it works now. However it was only after i did a quit in tivoweb and my tivo reported itself that it works. Most odd... But thanks for taking the time to help and keep the great work.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #22
steveroe
Must do some work...

Is there any way to automate the Tracker process so I don't need to manually run tracker_update, tracker_todo and tracker_todosug?

I can see I could cron a job to wget tracker_update but the other two require some interactivity. Is there a way to tell it what to do from the command line etc?
Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #23
spitfires
wassock

For tracker_todo & tracker_todosugg not currently no. I believe the ethos of Tracker was that it wouldn't delete anything without you checking it first. This could be changed but I don't have time to work on it at the mo', sorry.

You might be able to find a tool which would send automated keystrokes to the webpage perhaps?
e.g. request htt.://tivo/tracker_todo ; wait 10 seconds ; send carriage return ; wait 5 seconds ; send carriage return.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #24
spitfires
wassock

Ok I lied... Here's a mod to allow automatic deletions, i.e. NO user interaction.

Call it like
http://192.168.1.200/tracker_todo?auto=true
or
http://192.168.1.200/tracker_todosug?auto=true

You can obviously adapt these calls to put them in a cron job (as per the "tracker_update").

Please note this only works for TivoWebPlus 2.1 (it will not work for Tivoweb 1.9).

Tracker 3.3.4 :
Attached Files
File Type: zip tracker-3.3.4.zip (36.5 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 AM   #25
steveroe
Must do some work...

Many thanks, a fantastic surprise! Will have a tinker later...
Old 06-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #26
steveroe
Must do some work...

This is working nicely, thanks again
Old 10-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #27
DaveLane

Thank you

I've been using Tracker for a long time and it's so useful. With the latest version, everything runs more quickly and I've added a cron job to process the ToDo list automatically. Thank you so much for all your work!