TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
bhcv

Slicer Instructions Incomplete, DVRupgrade forum down

Instructions for the "Slicer" on the DVRupgrade website are incomplete and their forum says it's down for posting. I have searched and found others with the same problem but no answers.At the end of the slicer upgrade telnet states: "Don't forget to run the /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh script after you reboot to re-establish your symlinks in var." Where in the instructions is anything said about this? The instructions say "Reboot" your'e done!
After reboot I enter at bash:
cd /enhancements
./var-symlinks
everything seems to work but the hacks are all gone. I have an updated virgin OS and have to pull the drive and run sapper again. Would it be possible to finish the instructions? How do I run /var-symlinks without wiping everything out?
bhcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcv View Post
Instructions for the "Slicer" on the DVRupgrade website are incomplete and their forum says it's down for posting. I have searched and found others with the same problem but no answers.At the end of the slicer upgrade telnet states: "Don't forget to run the /enhancements/var-symlinks.sh script after you reboot to re-establish your symlinks in var." Where in the instructions is anything said about this? The instructions say "Reboot" your'e done!
After reboot I enter at bash:
cd /enhancements
./var-symlinks
everything seems to work but the hacks are all gone. I have an updated virgin OS and have to pull the drive and run sapper again. Would it be possible to finish the instructions? How do I run /var-symlinks without wiping everything out?
Perhaps your question could be answered/already has been answered over at the site which cannot be named here.

If you can't deal with using a search engine to plow through the huge database which is the internet, and the prospect of doing so just makes you dotty, it shouldn't be too complex for you to click on my user name and email me your email address so that I can email you the URL of that site.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #3
BiloxiGeek
Reality Challenged

I get so frustratred with all the sublimal messaging that's going on all over the InterWebs!
| The early bird may get the worm,
| but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese...
BiloxiGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
Sbmocp

bhcv--

PM me and I can send a PDF of the instructions that I made a few years ago.
Sbmocp is offline   Reply With Quote