TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #61
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmiller855 View Post
Redemption Island might be the best part of next week's show.

brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #62
Bob Coxner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Culpepper and his followers made a stupid decision when they blindsided John. When your team is already down in numbers, the last thing you want to do is vote off the strength.
This. If they had voted out a girl last week there would be no way for Caleb (or any other guy) to pull off the tribal move. Caleb knew that at worst he would get a tie since the girls would take the only chance they had. With only 1 girl remaining that strategy wouldn't work.

Brad was hoist by his own petard.
Bob Coxner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #63
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
This is a much more interesting season then we have had recently.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #64
KyleLC
Unregistered User

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
I can't wait to see John and Candice's reaction when Culpepper gets to Redemption Island.
They showed some of it after the previews.
KyleLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #65
brianric

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
This is a much more interesting season then we have had recently.
I agree. I'm loving all the new twists.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #66
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

I have to say, I've been totally wrong about this season. After E1 I thought this was going to suck and that the twists were going to be bad. But after watching the season play out and considering the strategy around everything, I'm doing a 180 and enjoying the season. But one thing. It's interesting to me that the most intriguing player this season is NOT a former player but Culpepper (for better or worse), and Caleb, another new player has a chance to be equally compelling. Now this might be so because the newbies keep losing challenges so that's where the drama is, but my thought is, that they could have had the same type of game with all new players, just by separating the love ones. Either way, it's been fun so far. I still don't like RI, but adding the twist they can switch sides at least makes that more interesting.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #67
LordKronos

I'm no fan of Brad, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that at least brad was a pretty good sport. Not just that he accepted the blindside with grace, but that he accepted responsibility for it: "I'm not mad at you...I made a bad move". I wish more people could exit that gracefully.
LordKronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #68
Peter000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
I'm no fan of Brad, but one thing I haven't seen mentioned is that at least brad was a pretty good sport. Not just that he accepted the blindside with grace, but that he accepted responsibility for it: "I'm not mad at you...I made a bad move". I wish more people could exit that gracefully.
That was shocking to me. But he is used to competing hard and leaving it on the field.

I also found it hilarious that he was forced to go spend his exile with the two people in the game that have reason to hate him the most.

And that the first thing he did was verbally raise a white flag.

(Sorry if this has been discussed before... I haven't read the rest of the thread).
Peter000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #69
pmyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKronos View Post
I can totally relate. I can be a real *sshole on the soccer field, but as soon as the game is over I would buy you a beer.
pmyers is offline   Reply With Quote