TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #31
warner

I called again to followup with my case # and the guy told me this is a known issue since the Roamio came out. For whatever reason, certain Minis are just not able to get the update that is needed to recognize the Roamio. He doesn't have an ETA on when it will be fixed. His suggestion was to just wait it out or try getting another Mini. Since both of my Best Buy minis do not work, I'm going to purchase one from Amazon again and try my luck. The 1st Mini I bought was from Amazon and it worked right away.
warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #32
wildcattdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kherr View Post
Now that you mentioned that, it reminds me of another issue I had with my PXL4. There was an IP issue where 2 devices were vying for the same IP. I used a network IP scanner to find the duplicate. Once that got straightened out everything worked. I ended up going through my network and gave everything a "sticky" (where the router reserves a dedicated IP for a given MAC address) DHCP IP. That and a reset of the IP in the Tivo. Solves a lot of work and head scratching,
I actually am doing DHCP Fixed Addresses for all of my TiVo devices (I do FAs for most of the hardware on my network) and they are well outside the range of any other devices.
Previous: TiVo Series 1, Toshiba SD-H400 x2
wildcattdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #33
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcattdw View Post
I actually am doing DHCP Fixed Addresses for all of my TiVo devices (I do FAs for most of the hardware on my network) and they are well outside the range of any other devices.
One possible complicating factor is that your Roamio Plus needs two different IP addresses - the internal stream device gets its own IP address. I don't know how that interacts with your setup...
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #34
wildcattdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
One possible complicating factor is that your Roamio Plus needs two different IP addresses - the internal stream device gets its own IP address. I don't know how that interacts with your setup...
I have both IPs on the Roamio Fixed, as well as both Minis. The Mini's connection sequence is successful; I would assume that is a reflection of a successful connection to the mother ship. I tried, just for grins, putting the Mini directly on the Internet, same thing.

UPDATE: Changing the name of the Mini during set up is reflected under My Account on the TiVo site... definitely not a networking/communications issue.

Last edited by wildcattdw : 09-18-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Update
Old 09-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #35
djmike0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by warner View Post
I called again to followup with my case # and the guy told me this is a known issue since the Roamio came out. For whatever reason, certain Minis are just not able to get the update that is needed to recognize the Roamio. He doesn't have an ETA on when it will be fixed. His suggestion was to just wait it out or try getting another Mini. Since both of my Best Buy minis do not work, I'm going to purchase one from Amazon again and try my luck. The 1st Mini I bought was from Amazon and it worked right away.
This really burns me up! I bought a Roamio Basic and 4 Tivo Minis to find out after I shelled out a boat load of $ on equipment and subscriptions that there was a known issue that the Roamio will not talk to the Minis! And now were just suppose to 'sit tight' for an unknown amount of time before this is rectified? I really don't understand how Tivo can release the Roamio and say that it works with the Mini when they know about this flaw!
djmike0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #36
wildcattdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike0408 View Post
This really burns me up! I bought a Roamio Basic and 4 Tivo Minis to find out after I shelled out a boat load of $ on equipment and subscriptions that there was a known issue that the Roamio will not talk to the Minis! And now were just suppose to 'sit tight' for an unknown amount of time before this is rectified? I really don't understand how Tivo can release the Roamio and say that it works with the Mini when they know about this flaw!
Here's the risk of being an early adopter... we sometimes find the bugs that don't come up in testing, and we almost always end up paying more than the folks that wait a few months longer. I've been in technology for 20 years now, and professionally, we never install software on GA day, sometimes even x.0 versions. I get to be more aggressive when it comes down to my personal tech, and I love it...
Old 09-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #37
djmike0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcattdw View Post
Here's the risk of being an early adopter... we sometimes find the bugs that don't come up in testing, and we almost always end up paying more than the folks that wait a few months longer. I've been in technology for 20 years now, and professionally, we never install software on GA day, sometimes even x.0 versions. I get to be more aggressive when it comes down to my personal tech, and I love it...
Yes ... I agree with you to a point and I have been an earlier adopter on many new tech items and have had to deal with the growing pains, but the difference here is that the devices simply don't work together. That's extremely poor testing on Tivos part if you ask me. Being an early adopter, I do expect to pay a premium and have the typical quirks and issues that comes along with new tech, but flat out not working is ridiculous IMO. I've got 4 of these Minis that don't work and have not idea when or if they will.

PS: I'd challenge that this is new tech as well. Tivo has been around for years and pioneered the DVR ... I would expect more from a seasoned company, who is just releasing an updated box, then the complete failure of their equipment.

Last edited by djmike0408 : 09-19-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:59 AM   #38
djmike0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by warner View Post
I'd be curious if you're able to get other Mini's to work with your Roamio. Please post an update when you get them. I have 4 Minis that I got from Tiger Direct that don't work with my Roamio and I'd like a solution since Tivo hasn't offered any other then wait it out.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #39
woogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike0408 View Post
I'd be curious if you're able to get other Mini's to work with your Roamio. Please post an update when you get them. I have 4 Minis that I got from Tiger Direct that don't work with my Roamio and I'd like a solution since Tivo hasn't offered any other then wait it out.
I have the Roamio Plus and 2 Minis - all were bought from Best Buy but different Best Buy stores.

The first mini I bought and activated (at the exact same time as my new Roamio) works fine.

About 3 weeks later (last week) I bought a 2nd mini at a different Best Buy but that one is seeing the same error you guys report how it cannot find the Tivo. This happens on both MoCa and Ethernet.

It connects to Tivo just fine to get my custom "name" that I gave it at tivo.com.

I also got the run around from Tivo Support saying it can take up to 6 days (well today is day 6 and still not working).

So I am happy that one Mini works but I really wish my 2nd one would.
woogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:56 PM   #40
woogs

Well good news... got home today and pulled the power on the non-working mini ONLY.

Mini rebooted, did the guided setup for probably the 20th time and it downloaded an update - took about 15 minutes for it to upgrade.

Once upgraded it sees my Roamio and works just fine.

Software Version: 20.3.6.1-01-6-A92
woogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:21 PM   #41
TiVoStephen
formerly TiVoOpsMgr

Folks, very sorry for this problem.

For some customers, there was a problem delivering the correct software update to their Minis. We believe we have corrected the issue. Following the software update for your Mini, your Roamio should be able to see your Mini and vice versa.

We're really sorry for the problem and the inconvenience. Please let us know by posting here if you see any further issues with the recognition of your Mini after it updates to 20.3.6.1-01-6-A92.

Best regards,
Stephen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TiVoStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #42
warner

Success!! Plugged in the mini and it downloaded the update. Working great so far.
warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #43
wildcattdw

Yes, I gave mine another go first thing upon returning home today, and it got the update upon reboot. Everything is working great!

I appreciate the efforts to resolve this.

T
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #44
hopefulboydy

Works ok for me now too.
As soon as I got home, I plugged it back in and it downloaded the update and once it installed .... completed the setup with no issues.
Thanks everyone for all your suggestions.
Thanks, Tivo for fixing the issue.
hopefulboydy
hopefulboydy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #45
djmike0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiVoStephen View Post

For some customers, there was a problem delivering the correct software update to their Minis. We believe we have corrected the issue. Following the software update for your Mini, your Roamio should be able to see your Mini and vice versa.

We're really sorry for the problem and the inconvenience. Please let us know by posting here if you see any further issues with the recognition of your Mini after it updates to 20.3.6.1-01-6-A92.

Best regards,
Stephen
AWESOME!! It finally works!! The total set-up for the downloads and updates was just over 30 minutes, but at least I've got one working now. Only 3 more to set-up. ;-)

Thank you Stephen for posting the update to the forum!

- 4 Tivo Minis

- 4 Boxee Boxes

- 2 HTPCs
Old 09-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #46
bradenmcg
Big Geek

I have two Minis and a Roamio Plus, the Roamio is fine, and the first Mini I tried to setup did download an update and reboot, but after that it is getting a V70 when trying to find the Roamio. Does this warrant a call to TiVo? I have forced a few check-ins on the Roamio... I got sick of screwing with the first Mini so now I'm setting up the second one in hopes that it will work.

[edit]

I forced many calls on the Roamio as well as changing the name, which didn't help... I finally rebooted the Roamio, and then at least one of the Minis functioned. I'm out of HDMI on my receiver on the other TV so I'll either have to swap it in on a different TV to test, or wait until I get a switcher or something else. Wish I had checked HDMI count before ordering the second Mini + Lifetime!

Last edited by bradenmcg : 09-21-2013 at 05:55 PM.
bradenmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #47
rshilliam

Quote:

Best regards,
Stephen
How can I tell which version I have? I've been having the problems described about "No TiVo found" during the mini setup and I did get an update yesterday (because the download took longer than usual) and was hoping all would work but same problem - "No TiVo found". I have a brand new Roamio Pro and mini - very frustrated because I'm having the CC issue on the Roamio and this issue on the mini...this is no fun. I can't tell which version I have because I can't get past the "No TiVo Found" screen - only can power off/on and repeat the process - many times now.
rshilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #48
hanlan

I just finished installing 3 minis with my roamio pro. only 1 out of the 3 had the error saying it couldn't connect. so i unplugged it, had the roamio phone home, turned on the mini again, and all seems to work. I'm using Moca if that helps anyone
hanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #49
rshilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshilliam View Post
How can I tell which version I have? I've been having the problems described about "No TiVo found" during the mini setup and I did get an update yesterday (because the download took longer than usual) and was hoping all would work but same problem - "No TiVo found". I have a brand new Roamio Pro and mini - very frustrated because I'm having the CC issue on the Roamio and this issue on the mini...this is no fun. I can't tell which version I have because I can't get past the "No TiVo Found" screen - only can power off/on and repeat the process - many times now.
It's working for me now - I think the fix was that I needed to setup my Roamio to "create a MoCA Network". Although the mini was able to connect through the Roamio to get to TiVo HQ for account status and downloads, it wasn't able to see Roamio as an available DVR on the network until I performed this step. Rebooted the mini and it works like a charm now. (mini on MoCA; Roamio Pro on Ethernet and acting as the MoCA bridge and setup to create a MoCA network in the Network Settings). Thanks for everyone's help.
rshilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #50
synch22

I ran into this today, kept getting N02 error. My mini was trying to connect wirelessly despite my attempt at MOCA. I already tested a mini at the location and it was the 2nd giving me an issue.

I decided to force a call on the roamio to recognize the addition. Then went into the roamio and had to allow MOCA again, despite the fact a Mini was already working via MOCA. This might have refreshed the internal moca network and I was up and running on the new mini. Took an hour moving the minis wondering why one was connecting fine at both sites, but the refreshing the roamio to allow moca fixed it for me.

BTW anyone notice a slow down after adding an additional mini? I swear my channel changing has slowed but wondering if its in my head.
Can the moca network be strained from multiple mini use?
synch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #51
gnxz

I am having similar issues. My Mini will not play recorded shows or play Live TV.

I have a Roamio Plus connected to the internet by ethernet. The Mini is connected via a Moca connection. The Mini has an ip address and sees the Roamio on the Host Connection Info screen.
There is nothing on the Roamio that mentions or acknowledges that it sees the Mini.

The Roamio is running version 20.3.6.3-USA-6-848
The MIni is running version 20.3.6.3-01-6-A92

I do see my recorded shows on the Mini but if I try to play them I get "Can't Watch Now" V125 error
If I try to view live TV I get error V113.

This is very frustrating. I do not know if the problem is in the Roamio or in the Mini. I have tried numerous Powercycles and forced them to connect to Tivo and have gotten no where.

Please help.
gnxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #52
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnxz View Post
I am having similar issues. My Mini will not play recorded shows or play Live TV.

I have a Roamio Plus connected to the internet by ethernet. The Mini is connected via a Moca connection. The Mini has an ip address and sees the Roamio on the Host Connection Info screen.
There is nothing on the Roamio that mentions or acknowledges that it sees the Mini.

The Roamio is running version 20.3.6.3-USA-6-848
The MIni is running version 20.3.6.3-01-6-A92

I do see my recorded shows on the Mini but if I try to play them I get "Can't Watch Now" V125 error
If I try to view live TV I get error V113.

This is very frustrating. I do not know if the problem is in the Roamio or in the Mini. I have tried numerous Powercycles and forced them to connect to Tivo and have gotten no where.

Please help.
I have a 5 Mini system running at a friend home (Roamio +) but it takes about 3 to 4 days for everything to work correctly, a one time problem, for me. All connected by MoCA.

Old 10-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #53
gnxz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessd View Post
I have a 5 Mini system running at a friend home (Roamio +) but it takes about 3 to 4 days for everything to work correctly, a one time problem, for me. All connected by MoCA.
Thanks for the kind words Les, but it has been a WEEK and still NO JOY.

On the MINI, on the Tivo DVR Connection screen, I see my Roamio with a check mark next to it, HOWEVER, why does it state:

"Choose which TiVo DVR you want this UNKNOWN to connect to for recording shows."

Why is the MINI listed as UNKNOWN in this instance?

Last edited by gnxz : 10-12-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #54
gnxz

I gave up on the Moca connection and switched back to Ethernet.

Well it seems Day 9 was the trick.

After my 3rd reply from TiVo Support, they were finally able to jog something as I received an email to force a connection to TiVo service and "After doing so please give 24 hours for full functionality to be restored."

When I went to bed last night I noticed my Mini ethernet port lights were blinking "frequently & irregularly" which I thought was a good sign but I did not want to try it out then and get bummed out again. But low and behold this morning Day #9, turned on the TV and hit the Live TV button to a longer than usual blank screen and hallelujah - it worked.

My set up:

Roamio+ on an Ethernet connection plugged directly into my previous generation Apple Airport Extreme router

Mini on an Ethernet connection plugged into a DLink 8 port gigabit switch.

I sincerely hope my ordeal both helps somebody and restores some confidence because in all sincerity I was about to ship this Mini back to Amazon.

Good Luck...
Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #55
khatlelid

V70 error of death

Quote:

Best regards,
Stephen
So I'm having this same issue; a new roamio, two minis purchased from Amazon. Both minis can connect to the tivo service, I can see both on my network, both go through guided setup, and get the dreaded V70 error. This is day 3, I'm about to just give up. Tried MOCA, multiple hubs, Renaming DVR, multiple reboots and forced connects, etc. etc. etc.

Any ideas?
khatlelid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #56
khatlelid

Update

My minis are both now working. To save people pain and suffering: it was a software version mismatch between the Roamio and the Minis. The TiVo back end didn't serve the update till last night.

Once the update was served, both Minis took an update, required a reboot, and then could see the Roamio and worked fine.

The CSR and Tech support really either had no idea what was going on, or they deliberately tried to give me busy work like blaming my network configuration, rebooting constantly, forcing connections, etc.
khatlelid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #57
Trauma

I am having trouble connecting my second Mini to the Roamio Pro. Both are connected via Ethernet hardwire as is the Roamio. The mini goes through guided setup and connects to the internet just fine. Interestingly, whenever I reboot the second mini, the first mini will briefly lose its connection to the Roamio. Takes about 5-10 seconds to reconnect.
Trauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:38 PM   #58
gfgray

I had the same problem connecting my first mini last night. I could see the Roamio and mini from my router. I forced the roamio to make a few updates. I let it sit overnight. This morning I noticed in my online info the mini finally showed lifetime service instead of pending... But it still wouldn't work even after forcing more Roamio calls. Forced more Roamio updates. But it didn't help.

Finally, I cold booted the Mini. And on bootup, it connected to tivo again. Then everything worked great.
gfgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #59
Series3Sub

Yes, I had the same problem attempting to connect my 2nd Mini for my Roamio and got the same V70. After felling quite dissappointed after rebooting the Mini a few time and feeling frustrated, I started thinking and here is what fixed it for me:

First, activate the Mini on-line or and wait the prescribe 15 minutes as per the instructions like I did so the servers at TiVo have some time be fully aware of your new Mini on your account. Then after some failed attempts, I did the following:

1. Go to the DVR intended to be paired with the Mini and using the menus initiate the Connect to TiVo Service Now option. Allow the TiVo to complete this process ( I presume that upon connecting to the TiVo Service, the DVR becomes aware that you have a new Mini on your account).

2. Return to the new Mini, and REBOOT by disconnecting power.

3. After reboot, go through the start-up process again, only this time my Roamio displayed as able to connect to my new Mini (no X next to the Roamio).

4. So far you have your Mini and the paird DVR working as should, but if you have any,including the 2 tuner models, Premiere DVR's on the network that you also want access to via the Connected DVR (Roamio line or 4 tuner Premiers) immediately, then you may have to go to each of those DVR's and have them connect to the TiVo service, as well. Otherwise, I've found that giving enough time, like several hours to a day, TiVo will automatically update and provide the access on it own. So, you can go to sleep and find it having sorted everything out on its own by morning.

After that, everything worked as it should and continues to function very well.

Sometimes a solution it is something simple that any of us can forget. Try this method first. If it does not work, than you can move on to more difficult solutions.

Last edited by Series3Sub : 10-11-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Series3Sub is offline   Reply With Quote