Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM   #31
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
Are we to assume that the events that went down at tribal last night are what Jeff was referring to in the Time article? He mentioned that something crazy was going to happen this season.
If this is what he was referring to, then meh. This isn't even in the conversation. I figured Brad was going to get his eventually, so I wasn't surprised by this.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #32
jr461

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
But what if two people change their votes and end up with another tie?
According to the quote, they go to the rocks if nobody changes their vote, therefore, in your scenario, they shouldn't pull rocks. The words in the quote could have easily been "...if after the second vote we remain tied...". He specifically mentioned nobody changing a vote and remaining tied, however.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #33
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

If this is what he was referring to, then meh. This isn't even in the conversation. I figured Brad was going to get his eventually, so I wasn't surprised by this.
The shock wasn't that Brad finally got what he deserved, but in how it all went down. The way Caleb orchestrated that crazy last second shift was unprecedented.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:45 AM   #34
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubys View Post
Yep, that's how it would have played out. Here's a quote from Jeff Probst:

The quote you put from Probst didn't come over, but is this a recent quote? For some reason I thought they got rid of the purple rock and use fire-making between the 2 instead.

Bry, normally I would say you can hammer me any time baby -- Zevida

I should have frickin' bryhammed your balls yesterday -- KMan
bryhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #35
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene S View Post
I didn't notice this time, but last time Jeff waited until the person was chosen, then he reached in his pocket to get the scroll. My guess there are multiple scrolls with different clues depending on the person/tribe.
Yeah, this would make the most sense. Different clues for different tribes, and when John was still there it was his 2nd clue vs anyone else's 1st clue.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #36
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr461 View Post
According to the quote, they go to the rocks if nobody changes their vote, therefore, in your scenario, they shouldn't pull rocks. The words in the quote could have easily been "...if after the second vote we remain tied...". He specifically mentioned nobody changing a vote and remaining tied, however.
You're parsing it like a lawyer. This is not written in some "Survivor policy and rules book", it was just an explanation by Probst. I think the spirit of what he says is pretty evident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryhamm View Post
The quote you put from Probst didn't come over, but is this a recent quote? For some reason I thought they got rid of the purple rock and use fire-making between the 2 instead.
It was in his most recent interview with Dalton about this very eipsode

link to interview
Anubys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:11 AM   #37
bryhamm
randomize

Quote:
Found my own answer. I see now that your quote was from this week's Q&A between Dalton and Probst.

That was such a horrible way it played out before when the one dude ended up going home because of it, that I thought I had heard that they dropped the dreaded purple rock. Guess not. Which is why I could understand Vytas switching. If he doesn't switch, Brad and Cierra stay and Vytas now has a 25% chance of randomly going home. No way should he let that happen. And lol at Hayden taking that chance.

But it does bring up a good point. Probst's answer specifically said "if nobody changes their vote and we remain tied, then the two people tied are now immune (yes, immune) and the rest of the tribe must draw rocks to see who goes home." So, in regards to the bolded, what if Vytas switched his vote but Caleb also switched his vote and they were still tied. What happens then?

Old 10-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #38
jr461

Quote:
You're parsing it like a lawyer. This is not written in some "Survivor policy and rules book", it was just an explanation by Probst. I think the spirit of what he says is pretty evident.
While this may be true, I don't think it's evident. He made his explanation lengthier by including a qualifier. I am no lawyer (nor have I even stayed at a Holiday Inn recently) but it would have been easier to just say "after another tie we pull rocks", if that is in fact what happens without regard to votes changed or not.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #39
Donbadabon
Geocacher

The silliness that is argued here sometimes.

If it is a tie, and then a tie again, they can draw rocks. No one cares which specific vote a person casts. A tie is the contestants getting the same number of votes.

And the rules actually add another step in the process - there can be a 2 minute discussion about who to vote out. This has never happened in the game, though, but it is allowed based on the producers discretion.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realit...survivor_rules
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #40
kettledrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
That was a fun TC. Culpepper's mouth is his worst enemy.

I hope John & Candice can get him out next week.
I'm definitely on this side. I don't like Brad Culpepper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
Culpepper has a reputation down here in Tampa for being a crappy lawyer too! By the way did anybody notice his wife's tattoo tonight??? What is it of?
Wait, he's a trial lawyer too? That might explain the big mouth. I noticed the tat, but couldn't tell what it was.
kettledrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #41
Honora

I can see why Vytas changed his vote, and it probably wasn't that he didn't want to draw rocks.

Last week, Culpepper used the excuse that he didn't want John to link up with his wife (if she made it back into the game) at the merge.

I can see him thinking, "What if Culpepper decides that it wouldn't be good for him if I partnered with my brother, Aras (another strong player) after the merge?"

Culpepper was setting things up as to what was best for him, not the tribe, which wrong at this point of the game.

He got rid of a strong player now when the tribe needed him because of what he thinks could happen later, and in the process weakened his own alliance. Apparently Hayden still though he could be trusted, but Vytas decided he wasn't trustworthy.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #42
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscokid View Post
Culpepper has a reputation down here in Tampa for being a crappy lawyer too! By the way did anybody notice his wife's tattoo tonight??? What is it of?
I did notice the tat and don't remember her having it the first time she was on. They never showed her close up enough to see what it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
Great episode. I loved the guys going behind the camps back and and drinking the coconuts. That is both wrong and right on so many levels.
I didn't understand that part at all. Why would Tyson and Gervase leave the coconuts they drank from sitting around where someone could find them? Why not chuck them out into the middle of the dense jungle where nobody is going to be walking around? Why take the chance that someone will find them and wonder what is up?

As for tribal, that was a very bold move by Caleb, but very well done. It was pretty risky, because from what we've seen in the past, people know who they're voting for before tribal starts, and rarely does anything said at tribal change that. So him announcing that he was voting for Brad could have seriously backfired on him. But instead, it worked out exactly as he intended. However, the chances of that tribe winning any immunity challenges from here on out is pretty slim. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we had a tribe switch in the next week or two.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #43
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

I have an even simpler question: why is it wrong for Tyson and Gervase to drink the coconut milk?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #44
brianric

Quote:
I have an even simpler question: why is it wrong for Tyson and Gervase to drink the coconut milk?
For not sharing. If it wasn't wrong, why are they hiding the fact from the rest of the tribe. Why paint a target on your back.
brianric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #45
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
That's kind of what I was thinking too. Aren't coconuts plentiful there? I'd think if anyone wanted one, they could just go get one. Are they ALL high up in trees?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #46
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

I assumed the coconuts were from a cache that the tribe had previously gathered so they would be missed if Tyson & Gervase had chucked them into the brush.

Coconuts may be plentiful but they're also mostly at the top of 50 foot tall trees. There is definitely effort required to gather them up.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #47
laria
Librocubicularist

I assumed they were just from a spot where people go to gather coconuts. They seemed to be pretty far from camp. I don't know why they would have gathered a cache so far from the camp.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #48
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Another thing that shocked me in voting Brad to RI is right now it seems Brad has a large target painted on him in the eyes of the other tribe. After the merge it would seem many would easily agree he should be target #1 to get rid of (especially if RI is gone by then) since he has taken an active roll in trying to control a lot of the game. To me it seems good strategy to keep in the person who will easily be the bigger target. Though it could be all editing.

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:01 PM   #49
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

But not if you don't trust him.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #50
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
But it does bring up a good point. Probst's answer specifically said "if nobody changes their vote and we remain tied, then the two people tied are now immune (yes, immune) and the rest of the tribe must draw rocks to see who goes home." So, in regards to the bolded, what if Vytas switched his vote but Caleb also switched his vote and they were still tied. What happens then?
The voting is done in secret, right?
There is no way to tell if anyone changed their vote if the results are the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #51
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
The voting is done in secret, right?
There is no way to tell if anyone changed their vote if the results are the same.
As secret as you can be with cameras and producers recording and watching every second of it
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #52
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Einselen View Post
Anyone else find it amusing the comment from Candice that Monica was following Brad's orders right after she herself ordered John to give Monica the clue?
Except that's not really what happened, IMO.

When learning that John had a clue to give away, she said, "Let's give it to Monica." A request.

When Monica received the clue, Brad barked at her three times: "Walk it down and put it in the fire. Walk it down and put it in the fire! Walk it down and put it in the fire!" until she complied.

His was an order; hers was not.

Last edited by David Platt : 10-11-2013 at 09:40 AM.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #53
HoosierFan
Poker nut

I think normally it would have made sense for her to keep the clue for her tribe to share, but since she has someone else on the other tribe she would rather be playing with, that kind of takes that strategy out of play.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #54
gweempose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierFan View Post

I think normally it would have made sense for her to keep the clue for her tribe to share, but since she has someone else on the other tribe she would rather be playing with, that kind of takes that strategy out of play.
The loved one twist definitely changes up the whole game in terms of strategy. So far, I like it.
(3) Minis

gweempose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #55
Fool Me Twice
<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Except that's not really what happened, IMO.

When learning that John had a clue to give away, she said, "Let's give it to Monica." A request.

When Monica received the clue, Brad barked at her three times: "Walk it down and put it in the fire. Walk it down and put it in the fire! Walk it down and put it in the fire!" until she complied.

His was an order; hers was not.
It's clear who wears the pants in both families.
Fool Me Twice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #56
VegasVic
Craps Player

I didn't think the loved one idea was all that good but so far I like it. Still hate RI.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #57
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I didn't think the loved one idea was all that good but so far I like it. Still hate RI.
I think RI also adds a twist. Brad would not be voted out at all if it weren't for RI. Like he's said it gives the voted out member a chance to vent and let everyone know what's going on.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #58
Anubys
KMT Soccer Playa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFriday View Post
I think RI also adds a twist. Brad would not be voted out at all if it weren't for RI. Like he's said it gives the voted out member a chance to vent and let everyone know what's going on.
But the finality of being voted off is taken out of the game. I miss that a lot. It takes away a lot of the drama from Tribal.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #59
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
But the finality of being voted off is taken out of the game. I miss that a lot. It takes away a lot of the drama from Tribal.
I agree with this. I kind of just says, you're going to go play the game somewhere else. And with 3 at RI, you have a 66.6% chance of staying in each week.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #60
nmiller855

Redemption Island might be the best part of next week's show.
nmiller855 is offline   Reply With Quote