TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
macfactor

Roamio Fails To Take Remote Commands

I have had an issue I have not seen here before. My Roamio just decided it wouldn't accept remote commands. I use a Harmony and thought it might be that so I dug up the OEM remote and it still wouldn't accept a command. None. I think I pushed all of the buttons. After a reboot everything went back to normal and has worked fine for the last day or so.

Is this common? This is my first Tivo so I am not sure if this happens a lot.
macfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

This use to happen on my Elite every now and then. Haven't seen it on the Roamio yet.

IIRC there was a thread over in the Premiere forum about this issue and it was somehow related to the Tuning Adapter. You may even be able to solve it by unplugging the TA and allowing it to reboot.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
Smirks
.:. Hello .:.

I've had this problem twice (so far). I can tell the roamio is receiving the commands because the orange circle illuminates on the front panel, but nothing happens.

I don't have a TA connected to mine, so I'm not sure that it's related to that.
Smirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
markp99
TakoKichi

I seem to regularly miss remote commands. Most notable is the 30sec skip.

Might just be me mis-pressing the button, but happens enough for me to recognizes a pattern. I even make a POINT the remote at the TiVo when this happens - even though I know its RF

I too see the yellow indicator blink, but no response.

Will keep an eye on it.
markp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
HarperVision

I've also had this happen a few times. The only thing that fixed it was a reboot.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #6
jtreid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarperVision View Post
I've also had this happen a few times. The only thing that fixed it was a reboot.
DITTO!
1 x S3 w/1TB Internal (1-Scard)
1 x Pioneer 810HS w/500G
jtreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Dan203
Super Moderator

Had this happen on my Elite the other night. I was setting it up for my wife so I was transferring a bunch of shows. I switched over to check on it and it would not respond. It was still transferring so I left it alone. The next morning I tried again and it still would not respond but the transfers all completed. I tried to do the trick where you hold down the format button to reboot and that didn't work either, so I finally pulled the plug. After that it worked fine.

It wasn't even connected to cable or a TA yet, so that couldn't have been the problem.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
jtreid

Has happened 6 times now on my Roamio Pro. I left it overnight to see if it would recover. No dice. Reboot cleared it up. This is getting old. It just seems to happen out of the blue. This time, I went to hit pause and the thing was deaf to the remote. Lights blink, but nobody home.
1 x S3 w/1TB Internal (1-Scard)
1 x Pioneer 810HS w/500G
jtreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #9
mrizzo80

Haven't had this happen on Roamio but had it happen with my Elite probably once every 3 months. If you have the iOS/Android app installed, you can use that to flush out whatever the problem is. I usually would bring up My Shows on the iOS app and initiate playback of a recorded show on TV. After that the physical remote would work fine. Much faster than a reboot. Hitting the TiVo button on the virtual remote may also bring the physical remote back to life. So just try 2 or 3 commands related to changing the current "state" (ie from show A to show B...or from Live TV to a recorded program...or from Live TV to TiVo Central, etc) of the TiVo in the iOS/Android app...usually 1 of them will end up fixing the physical remote problems.

Last edited by mrizzo80 : 11-07-2013 at 06:04 PM. Reason: clarified
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote