TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Premiere DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
can88law

Help Tivo Premiere Cant Work Wireless N Or With Ethernet Cord

4 WEEKS AGO WE HAD A STORM RAIN AND LIGHTING 1ST MY POWER WENT OUT FOR A SECOND OR SO THEN I LOST MY INTERNET ON EVERYTHING .THE TIVO SAID IT COULD NOT UPDATE (C130) that i have no internet service.called verizon they did a test on my router my 1234 lights were out they set me a new one same router i replaced my ethernet cords. checked my wire settings i now have service internet thats and wifi.reboot tivo still saying no internet cnnection no network found.then i removed the ethernet cord and used my wireless n a new one set it up with the desktop every on it has blue lights then removed the wireless n cord from the desktop and placed it into the tivo now the lights on the wireless n are green and flashing and the tivo still cant find the signal even hooked up moAC CONNECION . WHAT TO DO NEXT. ?CAN A ETHERNET PORT ON THE TIVO GO BAD OR SHORT OUT???????????????
can88law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #2
Arcady
Stargate Fan

The same storm that destroyed your router could have also destroyed the LAN port on your TiVo. Both ethernet and the TiVo wireless N adapter use the LAN port on your TiVo box. You could try a TiVo wireless G adapter that connects via the USB port as a last resort.

You should also look at getting the period key on your computer fixed. Did the lightning break that too?
Two TiVo Minis

Left DirecTV 4/15/07. Left TWC 8/8/11. Now on Comcast Xfinity.
Arcady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcady View Post

You should also look at getting the period key on your computer fixed. Did the lightning break that too?
I think it took it out at the same time as the comma key, and it looks like the Enter/Carriage Return has problems creating separate paragraphs as well.

Caps Lock looks to be sticky also.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote