TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #1
cheesesteak
Meh.

The Originals "Always and FOrever" 10/3/2013

I was all in for this show (for now) until the last minutes when Klaus daggered Elijah. I don't like Klaus but Elijah, the suit wearing vampire, is cool as sh*t and Marcel is a very charismatic foil. Looks like Rebekah would be in it too. Then they had to ruin the show by putting Elijah on ice and leaving the dull as tofu Klaus as the main lead. All he really wants is to be wuvved, the wittle wonely vampire. Please.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

Hmm. 100 views and 0 replies. I guess there's no point in creating individual episode threads for this show from now on.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
MikeCC
TiVotee

Any show that puts together a cast that includes Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, and Leah Pipes is going to be on my DVR.

Poor Phoebe Tonkin, though. She may be fated to only play supernatural-type characters: she got her on-screen start in her native Australia, moving from modeling to playing a mermaid in a long running Aussie series, H2O, Just Add Water. [Intriguing tidbit: Phoebe costarred in that series with her current cast mate, Claire Holt.]

Phoebe broke into the US TV market with another Kevin Williamson series, The Secret Circle, playing a young witch.

And then to Williamson's The Vampire Diaries, and this vampiric spinoff, The Originals, where Phoebe is playing one of the hottest werewolves ever.

Hot or not, I was surprised Klaus hooked up with Haley, since he really wanted Caroline. But how else do we get the writers to add a pregnancy to the storyline, eh?
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
stellie93

So this guy has been alive for hundreds of years, chasing around all kinds of women, able to get them pregnant---and this is the first time it's happened?

I loved the baby mama in Secret Circle. That show was way better than this one is likely to be.

Agree with wanting the suit to stick around--but he can't be killed, can he? Isn't he likely to be back? I watch these shows with very little attention, so I usually miss important plot points.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
hummingbird_206

Just getting around to watching this ep. I would be surprised if the show has enough interest for weekly threads, but doesn't hurt to try if you want. I'm not sure I'll keep watching, especially if Elijah stays staked. edit: I guess it's daggered, not staked, sorry.
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
MikeCC
TiVotee

Gotta say, the introduction of Davina makes me feel like an effing dirty old man....

Crikey!

'Though I think the actress, Danielle Campbell, is 18 or 19.
MikeCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
Gotta say, the introduction of Davina makes me feel like an effing dirty old man....

Crikey!

'Though I think the actress, Danielle Campbell, is 18 or 19.
This show has the worst official website I've ever seen for a tv show. I couldn't remember who Davina was so I thought I'd look it up. That site is useless. It's like somebody worked on it during their lunch break and then gave up.

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-originals/photos/

Old 10-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
hummingbird_206

I really hated this ep, but loved ep 2 enough to start a season thread.
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...89#post9850689
hummingbird_206 is offline   Reply With Quote